Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Would you play an MMO that didn't have jumping in it?

13»

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon
    No... it wouldn't though at the same time its a bit silly unless the game style itself doesn't call for it. If your doing a 3D game, put jumping and use it in the game, it makes things more interesting. Isometric games and the like its, just due to have difficult it could be, or anything point and click focused in general.
  • DrakynnDrakynn The Pas, MBPosts: 2,030Member
    I could of sworn we've ahd this conversation before...or maybe 50 times before during the years but....yes i would as long as there was a clear reason for not having a jump button that added to the gameplay and not because of lazy developement and an unwillingness to design world terrain limitations to accomadate jumping.
  • maplestonemaplestone Ottawa, ONPosts: 3,099Member
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    I could of sworn we've had this conversation before...

One doesn't sing a song just once.

• FalconiumFalconium San Diego, CAPosts: 20Member

The only two MMOs I play at the moment, Spiral Knights and Realm of the Mad God, don't include jumping.

So yes, I would.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Unknown, AZPosts: 191Member Uncommon
    Yes for some reason jumping makes it seem like you have more control over your character. More interaction on the gaming world somehow.

MurderHerd

• ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,299Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Icewhite

The anet devs got their revenge on the 'omg no jumping' complainers.

"Here you go: Now donkey-kong style jumping puzzles (just like the Grinders!) are a major part of the game that you all must endure."

I would assume, every time they see a post complaining about too many/too hard jumping puzzles, they now laugh their rocks off.

LOL'd for this one

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• RyukanRyukan Mason, MIPosts: 706Member Uncommon

I am not fond of lack of jumping in MMO's, it just detracts from the overall immersion when it feels like your character is nailed to the ground or has lead feet. I would try an MMO that didn't have jumping if the game sounded interesting, but to be honest I have never enjoyed any MMO without jumping that I tried and it wasn't just because of the lack of jumping.

The bunny hopping thing sucks though I will admit. Which is why jumping needs to be accompanied by a stamina mechanic.

• Flex1Flex1 Cabo RojoPosts: 407Member

Useless mechanic.

Few games actually use jumping in combat or as part of deungeon exploration or normal exploration.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,773Member Uncommon

I would and have.  Lots of great games didn't have jumping.  For example, Europa Universalis II.

Oh, MMO, you say?  Well then, Guild Wars and Uncharted Waters Online didn't have jumping, and still turned out pretty well I'd say.

• TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,734Member Uncommon
        I've played several taht had no jumping and it doesn't really bother me much....In fact. I'd rather have no jumping than constant jumping which is what too many BGs end up being.
13»