Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

Comments

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

So would I...let me know when that happens :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by akiira69

None on the list:

the games id like to see come back from the development graveyard are as follows:

1) Perpetual Entertainments Star Trek Online

2) Marvel Universe Online

3) Cheyenne Mountain's Stargate Worlds

4) Mythica

did you ever play Stargate Worlds?  That game was horrible.  It may have had potential, but the game was unplayable.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by korr

None on the list:

the games id like to see come back from the development graveyard are as follows:

4) Mythica

did you ever play Stargate Worlds?  That game was horrible.  It may have had potential, but the game was unplayable.

yes, but it was also in early beta testing. Only one race when i played. But the graphics werent too bad for the day, and the opening quests worked. Sad to see that shut down, love some stargate.

But on topic, SWG by all means. Sure it had issues, but was a good mmorpg with a lot of indepth gameplay that kept me content. Should have went F2P, would have tripled its numbers :(

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

GW2....oh wait...

In all seriousness, AC2...oh wait...

Nevermind.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

Since AC2 has just been revived, my next choice would be Chronicles of Spellborn. After that, maybe Tabula Rasa.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    SWG in with a land slide. Yep, that was an easy one.
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by korr

None on the list:

4) Mythica

I was in the week long Alpha Stage 1 Testing so yes i know how bad it was but i would still ike to see it be made

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Tabula Rasa, if they give it to a producer that gives 2 shits. Personally it was the game i always wanted to play but was gone before i could actually buy it. So if they rip it from NCsofts hands and allow somone else to produce it i would love to give it a shot.

I was in the Alpha for stargate worlds aswell, I couldnt get passed character creation without the whole game crashing and BSODing me. Unplayable.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    City of Heroes, naturally ( ' :
  • AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    I would like to see more strategy turn-based mmorpgs like the games I started playing on the consoles.

Best Regards, ...

• jbadgerjbadger Member Posts: 2
    City of Heroes please :)
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    all old scool mmo's are better than any new mmo with inovations crap
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    I wonder if there is now a better chance for SWG to be revived now that Disney has control instead of Lucas

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    Exteel give it back u greedy pricks at ncsoft ~_~

hallo ~_~

• Quantum0Quantum0 Member Posts: 3
    City of Heroes.  #SaveCoH
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Where's Vanguard on that list?
    Isaiah 41:10
  • LeperDaveLeperDave Member CommonPosts: 8

City of Heroes.

It wasn't shutdown, it was murdered in front of all of us while still it still had a stable population. It was still profitable when NCSOFT announced they'd be sunsetting it.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Talemire
    Where's Vanguard on that list?

Why would Vanguard be on the list? Its still active.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• JemnisimiJemnisimi Member Posts: 3
    Not all are "failed" I'm sure. Just stupidly slain by their parent companies before their time. ... Like City of Heroes.
  • danhauberdanhauber Member Posts: 1
    Another broken hearted "City of Heroes" voter here.
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Everquest Online Adventures on todays machines(possbily even cross platform) It ws truely imo the best console MMO ever released. Its downside was it was for PS2. Had it been ported to other platforms it could have been much better.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Some tough choices for me, but I would like to see Tabula Rasa come back. Most fun I have had in a sci-fi mmo since SWG. I don't think SWG should ever come back at this point it was time to move on long ago. Repopulation will fill its void. 
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• LaazRockitLaazRockit Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Resurrecting The Chronicles of Spellborn would make me happy
  • JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652
    SWG.  I want my city back, finish more quests but mostly to play with the community that I know.
  • CapaDevansCapaDevans Member Posts: 2

The game with the best community, fantastic graphics, an incredible amount of things to do.

A game which I was happy to pay for two accounts for nearly five years. A game which was profitable and should never have been closed.

City of Heroes/City of Villains. Murdered before it's time. Bring it back; I hadn't finished playing yet.