Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to buy this game but I wont.

2»

Comments

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I still remember my first day in the original Darkfall.

I created a character and I was fighting something, cant remember what they were but they were a pain to kill they kept moving around me and running in circles.

Anyways as im TRYING to farm mobs this ginger in a beard with a big axe(I think) swings and launches me about 6 feet down a hill. He didnt kill me jusrt knocked me back and he kept screaming at me raaaaa!  raaaaaa! raising his arms in the air.

So after about 2 and a half hours of being abused I logged off.

Two days later I log on and head out on foot about a 10 minute run from were I was getting my ass handed to me. I find some mobs and im learning how to kill them when I hear behind me raaaaaaaa!   raaaaaaa!      raaaaaaa! My stomache dropped as I went flying in the air into a tree.

After about 15 minutes I turned to my stalker and asked him if he could please stop, he turned around and left only to return 5 minutes later screaming raaaaaa! raaaaa! knocking me around.

For the next 10 or so days this guy would follow me into towns, follow me around screaming at me raising his fists in anger and hitting me with the end of his axe.

So I stopped playing and never looked back , this guy wrecked my playing expierience.

It's simple really, this type of game caters to that type of game style.  It's why I and many others won't play it but that doesn't mean it's not fun for people who like that type of game style play.  I say good for those who enjoy this type of game.  More power to them.  Variety is the spice of life and who are we to say what kind of game should be made or not.

Again, I don't play this type of game because I can't see how it is fun but that doesn't mean I'm against the game, it simply means I'll play something else.   Like movies.  Some I won't go see, some I will, but the ones I won't go see I don't wish were never made, I just won't go see them.

Isn't freedom of choice a wonderful thing?  Have fun to those that enjoy this game.  I mean that sincerely.  As I will have fun playing something else.  Simple, easy, stressless thinking.   image

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

You won't get any love here OP.

People don't care that you had a bad game experience.  They will tell you to join a guild or watch youtube videos in order to play the game at all.  They will tell you to stop crying and learn how to play.  They will insult you at every turn, because they believe they are cool for doing so.

The bottom line is, in a game like this, you will run into a lot of frustrating individuals.  Though, if your story is true, then that sort of behavior is unacceptable.  That is prolonged griefing and should not be allowed in any game.  I feel for your and I'm sorry that it pushed you to quit.  

There are supposed to be many changes in comparison to the original.  If you really do like the concept of this game, I would suggest that you consider giving it a chance again.  If you see the same behavior by other players, that go above and beyond to ruin your gaming experience, just log out and go about your life as you were.  

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    There are a lot of clans that will accept new players, mine included. Iook up Custodis Silenti, we'll at the very least help you get your footing in DFUW.
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

lmao

not sure if this is serious or a troll but either way pretty funny. if it is serious you could always go live somewhere else, human or elf lands, or better join a clan and live in thier cities.

My blog: image

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

There will be people around to help you.  I don't put up with that kind of stuff very well, and my first order of business in DF:UW is going to get my ass handed to me regularly in PvP until I become really really good at it.  Once I am kicking ass, I'll help people who are in these situations no matter what clan I am in.

On another note, I think the correct response to a mental-defective like your griefer, would have been to learn combat.  I would have made it my personal goal to turn the tables on this guy and maybe even spend time bothering him for a while before returning to my goals.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

The problem with the situation is pretty obvious ....... you didn't call "Time Out" when he approached you.

~Hairysun

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

I'll add to t he thread.

The new game may have some protections in small safe zones but will not be very protected.  At  some time you need  to learn survival skills just as in real life.  No one can  protect you except you.

Learn when to fight, and when to run. 

When you are new you always run with firends or listen careful and hide at any sound.  If someone comes around you don't know bank immediately.  Always assume unkown people are hostile.  Understand you can't win every fight. 

But the most important thing to know is that the game does not protect you. it is a virtual world and you provide the rules.  Fight or hide, it is up to you.  Just as  in real life there will be dick heads.  Unlike real life yo can kill them.

FInally.  The ccommunicaty aorundd starter areas is typically pretty supportive.  Ask for help and most of the time (not always) you will get it.