Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to buy this game but I wont.

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I still remember my first day in the original Darkfall.

I created a character and I was fighting something, cant remember what they were but they were a pain to kill they kept moving around me and running in circles.

Anyways as im TRYING to farm mobs this ginger in a beard with a big axe(I think) swings and launches me about 6 feet down a hill. He didnt kill me jusrt knocked me back and he kept screaming at me raaaaa!  raaaaaa! raising his arms in the air.

So after about 2 and a half hours of being abused I logged off.

Two days later I log on and head out on foot about a 10 minute run from were I was getting my ass handed to me. I find some mobs and im learning how to kill them when I hear behind me raaaaaaaa!   raaaaaaa!      raaaaaaa! My stomache dropped as I went flying in the air into a tree.

After about 15 minutes I turned to my stalker and asked him if he could please stop, he turned around and left only to return 5 minutes later screaming raaaaaa! raaaaa! knocking me around.

For the next 10 or so days this guy would follow me into towns, follow me around screaming at me raising his fists in anger and hitting me with the end of his axe.

So I stopped playing and never looked back , this guy wrecked my playing expierience.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• cunrocunro Member Posts: 21

+1 for the red bearded axe guy

RAAA RAAA RAAA

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Funny story bro
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JackieChilesJackieChiles Member Posts: 3
    I lol'd, good read.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    They killed dwarves :(  Raaaarh. . in peace my friend.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I created a character and I was fighting something, cant remember what they were but they were a pain to kill they kept moving around me and running in circles.

Anyways as im TRYING to farm mobs this ginger in a beard with a big axe(I think) swings and launches me about 6 feet down a hill. He didnt kill me jusrt knocked me back and he kept screaming at me raaaaa!  raaaaaa! raising his arms in the air.

Two days later I log on and head out on foot about a 10 minute run from were I was getting my ass handed to me. I find some mobs and im learning how to kill them when I hear behind me raaaaaaaa!   raaaaaaa!      raaaaaaa! My stomache dropped as I went flying in the air into a tree.

After about 15 minutes I turned to my stalker and asked him if he could please stop, he turned around and left only to return 5 minutes later screaming raaaaaa! raaaaa! knocking me around.

For the next 10 or so days this guy would follow me into towns, follow me around screaming at me raising his fists in anger and hitting me with the end of his axe.

So I stopped playing and never looked back , this guy wrecked my playing expierience.

Why didnt you do anything to help your situation?

Why not join a guild? Better protection could have made your experience better. That axe guy could have been killed easy with someone helping you out.

Never understood players complaining without doing anything to the situation at hand. Guess Darkfall was to hardcore for you. There is alot of easier games out though so hopefully you find a game that better suit your playstyle.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Is this a Ginger Magician thread?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Why not join a guild? Better protection could have made your experience better. That axe guy could have been killed easy with someone helping you out.

Never understood players complaining without doing anything to the situation at hand. Guess Darkfall was to hardcore for you. There is alot of easier games out though so hopefully you find a game that better suit your playstyle.

When did he ever get a chanse to do it?

This is my fear asswell for joining a FFA game, being more casual then i used to be im afraid that the game will be ruined by asshats like that.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    I wasnt going to buy UW but that story just might make me do it. That is just unmitigated hilarity, though I worry about the type of person that would stalk someone in a vdeo game yelling RAA RAA. Im laughing now just typing it, but seriously someone help that man.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I tried to join a guild, I asked for help and to honest Nobody ever responded or said anything.

I remember walking into a town asking for help and nothing just silence.

I turned around to leave the town and I was looking for him and I could see him hiding around a tree just waiting for me to come out of the town.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

I tried to join a guild, I asked for help and to honest Nobody ever responded or said anything.

I remember walking into a town asking for help and nothing just silence.

I turned around to leave the town and I was looking for him and I could see him hiding around a tree just waiting for me to come out of the town.

Make an application on the Darkfall forums and i can assure you you will get into a guild. It's also alot more fun to play a game together with others.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
      He didnt kill me jusrt knocked me back and he kept screaming at me raaaaa!  raaaaaa! raising his arms in the air.

Haha, thanks for a good laugh.

Something tells me you`re not going to like some of the new skills in DF, but atleast we have safezones this time.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    LOL, sounds like quiete the stalker, that guy must've had some kind of vendetta against you? >_>
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I would have helped.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I'm very tempted to get this game but won't.

I simply don't trust the devs to organize a smooth launch, and the grinding stories of the original are not exactly convincing me either.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Indeed and barely any help from anyone because being good guy was almost gimped by game mechanics.

No incentives alltogether for anyone to guard a area and help someone.

The newbies was left alone by the game at the mercy  of pure volunteers, which don't exist much in these community.

Why there wasn't a way to make a career as a guard-> seargent -> major in a human city  as example ...and for racial warfare.

meaningfull punishment for bad alignment ? nowhere ...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I would have helped.

Likewise, just probably not the same person.  Sounds like red beard wasn't ready to seal the deal.

red beard was most likely one of the top players in darkfall.  He must have been one frightening experience if what the OP says is true.  To be able to ruin another player's gaming experience in such a massive world in so little time is truly an amazing feat.  In a pvp centric massively multiplayer arena as is the case of darkfall and its successor, one can only hope to achieve the same level of greatness.

If you happen to run into red beard could you please give him this letter from me.

Dear red beard,

RAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

-your fan gekido

p.s. Letting a player of that calibur run you out of the game at such an early stage was probably the best thing that could have happened to you.  red beard wouldn't even be sticky shit on the bottom of our shoes.  Our, meaning players of higher standards and quality.  Players that would most likely run over or through them without skipping a beat.  Players that would give you a healping hand without thinking twice about it and without expecting anything in return.

You want to have a bad experience, complain about it, and then give up?  All I can say to this is good luck and good riddance... and I mean this coming from All walks of life.  Even more so in this case because of the simple fact that all the cards were on the table before you even bet.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

DF has a certain target audience. It is a niche game for sure and not casual player friendly for the most part. Sounds like it was not for you, nothing wrong with that, its not for me either.'

The guy probably did you a favor by you not wasting anymore time in a game that was not your wanted playstyle.

When I was younger and had more time DF would have been right up my alley, not so much anymore. A game like DF has to be played with others, you have to build relationships with guildmates, friends, enemies, ect. An MMO like that is a great experience. But you have to devote the time it takes to build that. Step one is joining a clan and getting to know them well, so you can play without asshats ruining your experience.

DF will offer a good PvP experience if thats what your looking for, but be prepared to take your lumps like everyone else.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I was always playing solo, and after a while I met somone who was also guildless for 2-3 months we ganked guilds, we waited till people where harvesting at there guild harvest place and when they where done we ganked them stole there stuff... used there guild vault to store the loot in and took off till a few hours later do it all over again... Never I had so mutch fun in ganking people... but you know the cool part... they didn't cry about it, because days later I went there and we just sat on the roof of one of there guild houses to talk for hours! I guess this kind of game is not for everyone!
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    That was a hilarious read and I want to thank the op for sharing.

The problem here seems to be you expected this problem to just go away, rather than doing something about it yourself.

You could have changed locations, brought some friends, joined a guild, or even tried to fight the guy. You would probably have lost but who cares? It's a game.

Thing is, you can't log in to a FFA game and expect to do some solo PvE in peace, these games require a different mindset. Letting yourself be griefed and then crying about it is just the wrong way to do it.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I still remember my first day in the original Darkfall.I created a character and I was fighting something, cant remember what they were but they were a pain to kill they kept moving around me and running in circles.Anyways as im TRYING to farm mobs this ginger in a beard with a big axe(I think) swings and launches me about 6 feet down a hill. He didnt kill me jusrt knocked me back and he kept screaming at me raaaaa!  raaaaaa! raising his arms in the air.So after about 2 and a half hours of being abused I logged off.Two days later I log on and head out on foot about a 10 minute run from were I was getting my ass handed to me. I find some mobs and im learning how to kill them when I hear behind me raaaaaaaa!   raaaaaaa!      raaaaaaa! My stomache dropped as I went flying in the air into a tree.After about 15 minutes I turned to my stalker and asked him if he could please stop, he turned around and left only to return 5 minutes later screaming raaaaaa! raaaaa! knocking me around.For the next 10 or so days this guy would follow me into towns, follow me around screaming at me raising his fists in anger and hitting me with the end of his axe.So I stopped playing and never looked back , this guy wrecked my playing expierience.

Why would you want to buy the new Darkfall in the first place? It doesn't sound like you want to participate in one of the key aspects of the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Dark_HUmar
    I was always playing solo, and after a while I met somone who was also guildless for 2-3 months we ganked guilds, we waited till people where harvesting at there guild harvest place and when they where done we ganked them stole there stuff... used there guild vault to store the loot in and took off till a few hours later do it all over again... Never I had so mutch fun in ganking people... but you know the cool part... they didn't cry about it, because days later I went there and we just sat on the roof of one of there guild houses to talk for hours! I guess this kind of game is not for everyone!

That just means they weren't newb players but already joined a clan and had also a holding.

Thats much diferent  from players around Sanguine who probably just joined the game.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by lizardbones

Why would you want to buy the new Darkfall in the first place? It doesn't sound like you want to participate in one of the key aspects of the game.

Forumfall cynism at his best lol

So the key aspect of Darkfall is to be pray for vet players which skills and spells 50 times better then newbs skills..

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Originally posted by Dark_HUmar

That just means they weren't newb players but already joined a clan and had also a holding.

Thats much diferent  from players around Sanguine who probably just joined the game.

I got ganked like 25+ times a day when I first started, first day of release people just stood at the spawn point to gank people who logged in for the first time :D

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

The launch issues have been eliminated, they eventually got the town griefing sorted mostly.

UW will be a whole new kettle of fish for newcomers, a much easier experience with no fighting in npc towns at all, easy spawns guarded by towers, the real fighting will be round player cities and in the lawless area's.

So if you were put of by the brutal nature of the original game near its launch, then your find it a better experience this time around as a newcomer.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Every once in a while I would get ganked by a better player and would get a message saying they didn't loot me, as they just wanted to pvp.