Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please. AC3

2»

Comments

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Originally posted by forest-nl

Well i settle for re-launch AC2 any day, specially with community back then in that game so far sinds '99 my best experience with ingame community.

And i dont understand Turbine at all. These days games are made free 2 play that alot worse then AC2 and graphics wise can't still even compete with AC2.

Why not bring it back as F2P mmo i think many will play it, it was awesome game and great PVP on Darktide.

The problem is they already have more games than they can easily support.  They dont want to be running another one.  Now what I do not understand is why they do not sell the asheron's call franchise.  Someone could use AC2 or AC1 as a base program to build off of. 

Though I will say that with the recent changes they have made to AC1 my hopes for an AC3 out of turbine that stays true to the original vision have dwindled somewhat. 

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

I have very fond memories of AC2, it was my first MMO.

In retrospect I realize the one thing I enjoyed the most in that game, besides the original lore, was the no-instancing approach.

Open persistent worlds, for me, are what make MMOs stand out compared to other video games.

Without them, the genre doesn't appeal to me at all.

• BadnessoBadnesso Member Posts: 19
    I could care less if they change any gameplay to AC 1. I think if it was recreated as is with today's graphics it would be awesome!
  • BadnessoBadnesso Member Posts: 19

Though I will say that with the recent changes they have made to AC1 my hopes for an AC3 out of turbine that stays true to the original vision have dwindled somewhat. 

Yea, if anyone's played lately a lvl 10 drudge drops lv 80+ treasure with like lvl4+ spells on the gear... They need to go back to the start of it all.
  • SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
    Originally posted by Badnesso

I haven't played AC1 in years. I tried going back to it a few years ago, but there was nobody around.  Going to the old hotspots made me feel sad :(.  I had never seen the "subway" empty.  Holtberg was a baren wasteland.  Nobody killing cows in yaraq.  Depressing :(
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Sevensodd
    Originally posted by Badnesso

I haven't played AC1 in years. I tried going back to it a few years ago, but there was nobody around.  Going to the old hotspots made me feel sad :(.  I had never seen the "subway" empty.  Holtberg was a baren wasteland.  Nobody killing cows in yaraq.  Depressing :(

Yea I went back to AC full time (even though I have kept my sub since 1999) the month after I quit WoW (a month after Cata) and played every day from Feb 2011 through November of 2011 and loved every minute of it, but the player base has shrunken so far that you need to play solo to accomplish anything.  Sad but true.

I would love to see a revival of the AC1 model i na new game, I feel it would be the best MMO on the market.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by scoach

Would be nice if they just rereleased AC1 with all of the lord of the rings graphics. Release it as F2P so people would try it out.  The Character development in AC1 I still  the best ive seen and the PVP was outstanding.  I even like how they did it on PVE servers where you could do a quest and go red, and kill others that have done the same.  I  haven't played this game since the tusker island was introduced and the lvl cap was 126 so I don't know what direction this game has gone. Just as a side note I can't believe I played this game on 56k haha.

The graphics and character animations too. I wish they'd just revamp AC1. The only reason I don't play AC1 is there's not a lot of people that play, and the bots, grrr, the bots.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by scoach

Would be nice if they just rereleased AC1 with all of the lord of the rings graphics. Release it as F2P so people would try it out.  The Character development in AC1 I still  the best ive seen and the PVP was outstanding.  I even like how they did it on PVE servers where you could do a quest and go red, and kill others that have done the same.  I  haven't played this game since the tusker island was introduced and the lvl cap was 126 so I don't know what direction this game has gone. Just as a side note I can't believe I played this game on 56k haha.

The graphics and character animations too. I wish they'd just revamp AC1. The only reason I don't play AC1 is there's not a lot of people that play, and the bots, grrr, the bots.

depends on the server its not millions but when I went back a few months ago, I switch servers, WE was dead, which was a main server of mine, but DT was decent, FF was ok, but Solclaim was busy of an old game, people running around and everything so, I dunno.