Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I give rift another go?

ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79

So when rift launched I tried it out and got to about level 30ish before getting really sick of levelling (due to the super boring wow style kill x return collect x return) quests being all you do and while I LOVED their dungeons and was fond enough of their combat system, their dungeons were a super slow way to level and their questing was just too boring for me to play to max level. I later dscovered how amazing trion is at supporting their game and that their endgame is apparently AMAZING! but I just never got around to playing it again. Now that their first expansion is out (which is apparently very good) and apparently theres a really fast way to level (instant adventurs or something) I'm considering resubbing, however I thought I'd just check on here and ask how is the game feeling, is levelling still incredibley boring? How long does levelling to 50 (before getting to the expansion which apparently has better levelling)? Is it actually a game that is enjoyable? Oh and I am not someone who generally gets to top level raiding as I don't have enough time to put into the game to be in a top guild raiding super regularly... Will it still be enjoyable at max level for people like me?

Oh and how is the lore of the new expansion (as I am really fond of lore)

Comments

• EliasThorneEliasThorne Member UncommonPosts: 338

Did you try it?

I'm curious too as despite enjoying TSW I'm concerned about where the game is going and not being a fan of raiding my options are becoming limited.

I used to enjoy rift and forget now why I cancelled but I played from launch, like you to about level 40 or so but was finding it a little repetative but a very stable game.

I'll have to do some readinng and see how things have developed since September last year.

Currently Playing: GW2
    Currently Following: Elder Scrolls Online
    Games in my wake: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, City of Heroes, Dark Age of Camelot (SI to Catacombs), DDO, EVE Online, EverQuest II (beta), Guild Wars, Horizons, Lineage II,LORTO, Rift, RF Online (beta), RYL, Saga of Ryzon, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, WAR, WoW

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

There's several viable ways to level now, so you don't have to go around doing quests if thats what you doon't want to do.

There's instant adventures, rifts, warfronts and more!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I too am wondering why I quit in the first place and seeing how much work Trion does feeling guilty for not supporting good developers. I should resub again is what I am thinking but right now am busy with SWTOR will do it soon though when I finish the class stories.
    Chamber of Chains
    Well, I'm downloading the client again now so will try on the freebie stuff and see, sort of the point of the freebie stuff I guess :)

Games in my wake: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, City of Heroes, Dark Age of Camelot (SI to Catacombs), DDO, EVE Online, EverQuest II (beta), Guild Wars, Horizons, Lineage II,LORTO, Rift, RF Online (beta), RYL, Saga of Ryzon, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, WAR, WoW

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

Dull, generic questing ala virtually every post-wow game that came out around then.

Rifts are an intersting novely at first but become very samey and pointless after a while. 

Soul system is a bloody good idea and leads to some nice dynamic builds.

Pvp is fun till you hit 30 (I think) and then you get your arse uncompetitively handed to you to the point that there's no point doing it. 

Overall, looks pretty, couple of interesting features to add to the usual mixture but on the whole nothing worth soiling your boxers over. 

Sadly dull and generic are the norm, so best to look for a decent version of the same, or you could go sandbox and make your own entertainment... or just play with a cardboard box which is pretty much the original sandbox ;)