Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMORPG.

bdariusbdarius Member Posts: 8

Hello , i played a lot of games for a long time . 

I played World of Warcraft on retail for 2 years , but after cataclysm i didn't want to play it anymore.

After World of Warcraft i played League of Legends for approx. ~2 years , but is to team dependent and i can't reach 1900 elo .

I played also dota,dota2,lotro,aion for a short time.

I want a f2p game , like d3 or World of warcraft .

Thanks for reading and help.

Comments

• darthbuhdarthbuh Member UncommonPosts: 24
    What makes you think World of Warcraft is free, or D3 is a MMO?
    Retired: WoW (Cataclysm), SWTOR (pre-F2P), Champions Online, City of Heroes, RIFT, Age of Conan (pre-F2P)
    On Hold: FFXIV Heavensward, Blade and Soul, Firefall
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Like World of Warcraft:

LOTRO - Quest heavy PVE, nice scenery

Aika - Quest heavy, gender locked classes, unusual (cute) companion system

Aion - Questy at low levels, emphasis shifts to PVP as levels go up.

Runes of Magic - Questy, dungeons, PVP

Allods Online - Graphical presentation is very similar to WoW, questy

SW:TOR - Sci-Fi with gameplay similar to modern WoW (long arc storyline questing).

AOC - Questy, unique combat system, dungeons and PVP

All of these are F2P or Freemium (free w/optional sub)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • bdariusbdarius Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by darthbuh

I didn't said wow is free or d3 is mmo ,  i said "like" 

I saw a game like torchlight and d3 online , but i don't know wich one , that's why i posted here.

• darthbuhdarthbuh Member UncommonPosts: 24

I second XAPGames' suggestion on Aion - it's a little grindy, but for being a F2P type game, it's one of the better ones where you won't feel that a cash shop gimps the game you play.  For all the time I spent there, the shop is pretty much cosmetic.

As far as LOTRO, it has a nice feel to it, but you run out of content at around 25, and start having to purchase content on a zone-by-zone basis.

For a different spin, keep an eye on Firefall - it's being made by several ex-developers from Blizzard (among many others) and they are trying to avoid a World of Warcraft design.  In the recent Open Beta weekends, I got to play it quite a bit, and the feel of the game makes you miss it when you go back to more traditional MMORPGs.

Retired: WoW (Cataclysm), SWTOR (pre-F2P), Champions Online, City of Heroes, RIFT, Age of Conan (pre-F2P)
    On Hold: FFXIV Heavensward, Blade and Soul, Firefall
  • TeilkTeilk Member UncommonPosts: 15

Darkfall Unholy Wars releases open beta on Monday, to hear it from them. They will likely manage to do so, but it is AV, so one must be reserved in their optimism. Not F2P, but that has it's own benefits.. less bots, minimal hacks,etc.

That said, the original Darkfall was a great game, and getting in on the ground floor of any release is always nice.  

I was thinking to buy RIFT , TSW or PoE or to playing star wars the old republic ?

I know i said f2p , but i didnt find any "good" game , so i decided to pay for one . Any suggestion ? one of the above.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    TSW is a great choice if you love questing/story with some outstanding group content for the end game. Plus it just went B2P, much to my personal satisfaction, and the game is hopping now.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Originally posted by bdarius
    Originally posted by darthbuh

I didn't said wow is free or d3 is mmo ,  i said "like" 

I saw a game like torchlight and d3 online , but i don't know wich one , that's why i posted here.

You might be talking about Path of Exile.

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
    ye ye Path of Exile , someone gave me a pm .