Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BANNED - Legendary Player never cheated.

This is just Insane.. They banned 2 of our Guildies, We've never hacked or anything.. We have reported cheaters left and right, and now i'm banned. Does anyone know what can be Done to Hammerpoint at this time??

They need to be held accountable. They are taking peoples money, and banning them, so they buy the game again, I'm so pissed i could break something right now. I'm a GM of a large guild that plays, and I cant even play with my group right now.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    People that call themselves "Legendary Player" are a very reliable source for information.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    People that call themselves "Legendary Player" are a very reliable source for information.

plus with 3 post of alltime. you must have done something fishy and now you crying here. remeber it is not yet massively populate game so lets be honest gamemasters can easily check your logs and see excatly every second you did in game.

• SwearSwear Member Posts: 5

Hey buddy, just a heads up, I know you are probably pissed as hell right now. It happens when these things take place, however.. Keep your cool and send a NICE, RESPECTFULL, well written email to them explaining what is going on. One thing you have to realize is that these things take time to be worked out, Obviously you probably feel a bit violated, don't let that get the better of you. When it comes to games and banning etc.. GMs usually work off of a system.. Ban now - Investigate later. The reason for this is to ensure that IF in fact there is a probem the Damage is minimal. Don't take it to heart, just keep your cool and if they find you've done nothing wrong they will unban you. Looks like War Z is a Cash shop game.. So I wouldn't worry about them trying to scam you for the initial payment, Cash Shop type games WANT you to keep playing.. The more you play. the more you pay haha. Either way , Good luck and remember, for your sake, Be respectful when inquiring about the ban and as a rule of thumb.. Never threaten with Legal action over something silly, I know you didn't say you were, however, that's just some free advice for the future haha, As soon as you say "Legal" , your ticket goes to a different department within the company.. then you'll be waiting longer for results.. 

Good Luck and hope this helps you :)

You'll lose a lot of money chasing women, but you'll never lose a woman chasing money.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

And the reason they became lengendary is often very fishy. An unknown player suddenly becomes good enough to be legenday...yeah right.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Hotjazz

And the reason they became lengendary is often very fishy. An unknown player suddenly becomes good enough to be legenday...yeah right.

actually guys "Legendary Player" refers too the title of the package bought.

Survivor - $15

Pioneer - $30

Legendary - $50

When he says he's a "legendary player"; he means he bought the equivilient of the "collectors edition"; meaning he was a valued customer.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358

Mr Legendary, you do realize that Cheating isnt the only bannable offense right?

For example you may have been banned for being 1 of he Bazillion legendary players who violated the NDA(prior to it being lifted) by showing live  feeds or posting vids on Youtube.  I have never seen a more violated NDA than that of WARZ. 

Or you may have been banned for being abusive. 

I can list TONs of reason, other than cheating, that can get your banned. 

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358
    Originally posted by Sora2810

Survivor - $15

Pioneer - $30

Legendary - $50

When he says he's a "legendary player"; he means he bought the equivilient of the "collectors edition"; meaning he was a valued customer.

Heh ok I guess that gives him some excuse for using it. But still, that really has no bearing on his banning. A company that considers a customers paymets when considering a ban is a company doomed to fail. It is really irrelevant to the conversation.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Consequence

Survivor - $15

Pioneer - $30

Legendary - $50

Heh ok I guess that gives him some excuse for using it. But still, that really has no bearing on his banning. A company that considers a customers paymets when considering a ban is a company doomed to fail. It is really irrelevant to the conversation.

i guess that shows how popular the game is.  most of us assumed he thought of himself as "legendary".  go figure.

You're right. WarZ is being ripped apart like main-stream news articles blamming games for tragic events. An ex-mod posts a lengthy blog about how the game is really a cash-grab, the developers plan to halt development after 6 months, the devs ban players who play for long hours because they know they will repurchase the game to get their "fix". Ironically, not two days after that post, the same guy comes back in a youtube video stating everything he said was a lie; this, of course, lead people to believe he was bribed a nice sum to shut up. YouTuber's create a bloodlust for WarZ players.

Here's the basics; WarZ popped up out-of-nowhere and claimed it's been in development for two years. With no videos, barely any un-doctored screenshots, no word from "beta testers" or even an official forum for a while, this showed up after the success of DayZ striking a ironic parody of WarZ; this game screamed shady.

It didn't take much for the internet users to scrap together controversial evidence on the game being a scam; some of which even made sense. Here's a link to a post that made the most sense; this company made another game called War Inc. It was believed that WarZ recycled a ton of content from War Inc without much editing. This made it seem like a quick scam ect. http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5

Really; WarZ is in a very rocky state right now. It's hard to know who's right in these situations. The hoax-callers or the community-loving developers.

Edit: Here's the link of the ex-forum mod's post. http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/general-discussion-of-things-and-such/82-hey-rhino-you-were-right-about-warz

Here's the link of his video claiming he was lying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svd-p3-CURk

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• DaphonicDaphonic Member UncommonPosts: 42

I post Legendary because it tells people I paid the $50 to support this game. I also posted on these forums because I'm pissed, and they are Threating to BAN anyone who posts on their forums about the Bans. They wont let people talk about it, or give any type of Info.

I know i havent cheated, and it's an insult to be told I did. This was the only outlet I know of that i Could Vent.

Mr Legendary, you do realize that Cheating isnt the only bannable offense right?

For example you may have been banned for being 1 of he Bazillion legendary players who violated the NDA(prior to it being lifted) by showing live  feeds or posting vids on Youtube.  I have never seen a more violated NDA than that of WARZ. 

Or you may have been banned for being abusive. 

I can list TONs of reason, other than cheating, that can get your banned. 

No they Said all Bans where from Cheating or Hacking today. There is 100's of people bitching right now about it.

Originally posted by Daphonic

I post Legendary because it tells people I paid the $50 to support this game. I also posted on these forums because I'm pissed, and they are Threating to BAN anyone who posts on their forums about the Bans. They wont let people talk about it, or give any type of Info.

I know i havent cheated, and it's an insult to be told I did. This was the only outlet I know of that i Could Vent.

A hard lesson learned :. I heard on reddit's WarZ sub that they are looking to roll-back on some of the bans. If this is legit; I'm sorry, maybe someone will help out or form a /v/ troll-storm on Hammerpoint.

Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

looks like they banning people left and right for posting about the Ban in their forums. I'm sorry but i just cant see 1000's of people spending 30$ each on hacks. Its insane.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Daphonic
    looks like they banning people left and right for posting about the Ban in their forums. I'm sorry but i just cant see 1000's of people spending 30$ each on hacks. Its insane.

I guess you've never played APB then.  1000s of people do hack.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

You're right. WarZ is being ripped apart like main-stream news articles blamming games for tragic events. An ex-mod posts a lengthy blog about how the game is really a cash-grab, the developers plan to halt development after 6 months, the devs ban players who play for long hours because they know they will repurchase the game to get their "fix". Ironically, not two days after that post, the same guy comes back in a youtube video stating everything he said was a lie; this, of course, lead people to believe he was bribed a nice sum to shut up. YouTuber's create a bloodlust for WarZ players.

Here's the basics; WarZ popped up out-of-nowhere and claimed it's been in development for two years. With no videos, barely any un-doctored screenshots, no word from "beta testers" or even an official forum for a while, this showed up after the success of DayZ striking a ironic parody of WarZ; this game screamed shady.

It didn't take much for the internet users to scrap together controversial evidence on the game being a scam; some of which even made sense. Here's a link to a post that made the most sense; this company made another game called War Inc. It was believed that WarZ recycled a ton of content from War Inc without much editing. This made it seem like a quick scam ect. http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5

Really; WarZ is in a very rocky state right now. It's hard to know who's right in these situations. The hoax-callers or the community-loving developers.

Edit: Here's the link of the ex-forum mod's post. http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/general-discussion-of-things-and-such/82-hey-rhino-you-were-right-about-warz

Here's the link of his video claiming he was lying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svd-p3-CURk

I have never seen that image before and wow was it eye openingimage. Thanks for reposting it lol now I know not to play this game.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Survivor - $15

Pioneer - $30

Legendary - $50

The people above you sure feel stupid right about now. Their flaming attempt backfired. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei

I have never seen that image before and wow was it eye openingimage. Thanks for reposting it lol now I know not to play this game.

Pretty sure they're not the only people to reuse elements from another game they've developed.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

wasnt one of the ex community managers claiming they are banning people so that they rebuy the game or something? this all sounds fishy to me... honestly, the whole game / company sounded fishy to me from the beginning...allready for simply copying another idea and cashing in on it...

i guess, dont waste your cash on them and rather support good indy devs...

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

wasnt one of the ex community managers claiming they are banning people so that they rebuy the game or something? this all sounds fishy to me... honestly, the whole game / company sounded fishy to me from the beginning...allready for simply copying another idea and cashing in on it...

i guess, dont waste your cash on them and rather support good indy devs...

I don't know about that, but what I do know is that anyone willing to spend money to be ablet o play an alpha version of a game is pretty much asking to get ripped off.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Noobalurt
    [mod edit]

The thing is, It's fun as hell with group of friends, Knowing you can run into another group of players and have a firefight. The game gets my adrenilline going. They have been making improvments slowly, But I feel that I was indeed taken advatage of.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by asmkm22
    [mod edit]

Originally posted by muffins89
    [mod edit]

WOW.  You people are casting judgement without knowing about the guy.  He purchased the most expensive version of the game which is legendary.  All he was saying is I spend a lot of money on the game.  It was to help fortify the fact that he has no reason to hack.  

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    They are doing random bans, it is already known they have banned many players that do not hack or grief. 
  • DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179
    That is openly obvious that they are banning players without a proven reason.  
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by dollada06

Originally posted by asmkm22
    [mod edit]

Originally posted by muffins89
    [mod edit]

WOW.  You people are casting judgement without knowing about the guy.  He purchased the most expensive version of the game which is legendary.  All he was saying is I spend a lot of money on the game.  It was to help fortify the fact that he has no reason to hack.  

Yeah it was pretty funny to me to see so much of the first page of this thread as just people chuckling at their cleverness about thinking the legendary was about skill or something.

People love to jump on others experience with the game, and  assume the guy was cheating without even playing the game, or knowing enough to realize what he meant by a game term.

Never been such a thing as staff corruption in any game of course according to the "lol legendary" posters.

Anyways, with how incredibly buggy the game was when I tried it, I'm more inclined to believe even their banning tool has enough bugs to malfunction.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

have you or can you contact their support department and inquire as to how/what/where/when you did something that flagged you to be banned?

they should atleast be willing to provide that info to you if not i wouldnt touch the game again EVER. as it would scream of piss poor customer service. 

that being said, given the flak this gaming is taking (not big surpize) perhaps the ban isnt such a bad thing, apart from the loss of money spent and time.  the streams i have seem of it, makes it look piss poor IMO. 

but owell, atleast try contacting their support depo and politely and respectfully ask what you did that got you banned.  maybe you did something without knowning it? (like a glitch or something, or someone cried foul of you ect)