Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Will You Buy the First GW2 Xpac?

13»

Comments

• Porkins1Porkins1 Member Posts: 2

I voted yes, I know Guild Wars 2 is not perfect. Arenanet really seems to care about their game so im excited to see what they do with it!

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Some other poster already said "TSW is B2P no so no", I'm with them.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Tolmos

If they don't increase the level cap(example: Guild Wars 1)- yes. If they do increase the level cap(example: World of Warcraft)- no.

Do people like this purposefully set themselves up for dissappointment just for the sake of it?

Voted yes by the way.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Karteli

It is neat to mess around with, as a single player game, but unless there is a major overhaul to the social (or lack thereof) system in Guild Wars 2, I'm not very interested in purchasing any expansion.  GW2 is just simply a lonely experience.  No real interaction or rivalries between players, or the commands / tools to do so.  Interaction only exists in friend lists and guilds, which are very useless, especially in a game about "Guild WARS".  PvP is pointless also.  I have no incentive or desire to log on (outside of holidays just to see what was done .. but even then, meh, still single player everything).

ArenaNet did mention player / guild housing, and that *might* be neat, but it would literally need to blow me away, because Rift's Dimensions is king of player created areas right now.  They essentially said, "While other games let you decorate a house, we'll let you build you house from scratch, micromanage every small piece like Lego's, and then let you build a whole zone to put it in, also from scratch."  Hard to top that.

If ArenaNet ever does player created content, this is literally what they are up against:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/tuesdays-top-dimensions/

That wouldn't intrest me for five minutes ...0 intrest in playing a cross between Lego and Barbie online and calling it a mmo

Voted yes  so far

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

It is neat to mess around with, as a single player game, but unless there is a major overhaul to the social (or lack thereof) system in Guild Wars 2, I'm not very interested in purchasing any expansion.  GW2 is just simply a lonely experience.  No real interaction or rivalries between players, or the commands / tools to do so.  Interaction only exists in friend lists and guilds, which are very useless, especially in a game about "Guild WARS".  PvP is pointless also.  I have no incentive or desire to log on (outside of holidays just to see what was done .. but even then, meh, still single player everything).

ArenaNet did mention player / guild housing, and that *might* be neat, but it would literally need to blow me away, because Rift's Dimensions is king of player created areas right now.  They essentially said, "While other games let you decorate a house, we'll let you build you house from scratch, micromanage every small piece like Lego's, and then let you build a whole zone to put it in, also from scratch."  Hard to top that.

If ArenaNet ever does player created content, this is literally what they are up against:

That wouldn't intrest me for five minutes ...0 intrest in playing a cross between Lego and Barbie online and calling it a mmo

Voted yes  so far

I'm not sure how you got Barbie into this, but I guess that's just your way of showing lack of interest.  A kind of weak analogy IMO, but, whatever.

If you think player created content doesn't have a market, then you are flat out wrong.  Minecraft is fun and highly popular, especially amongst those who will be gamers *soon*.

I attribute anti-change comments as those from a "fan", which carries some stereotypes (correct if wrong).  They like everything the way it is, and reject changes, even if that means the population dwindles.  They are not concerned how many people play the game, as long as they enjoy it personally.  They are not connected with the overall community (Your statements, as example).

If GW2 ever came out with their version of Dimensions, that would be nothing short of AWESOME.  Especially if the components and items were crafted and sellable / tradeable.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Yes

Even though GW2 has its problems IMO it is still better than anything that is out now and anything that I have seen coming in the future.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Voted yes  so far

I'm not sure how you got Barbie into this, but I guess that's just your way of showing lack of interest.  A kind of weak analogy IMO, but, whatever.

If you think player created content doesn't have a market, then you are flat out wrong.  Minecraft is fun and highly popular, especially amongst those who will be gamers *soon*.

I attribute anti-change comments as those from a "fan", which carries some stereotypes (correct if wrong).  They like everything the way it is, and reject changes, even if that means the population dwindles.  They are not concerned how many people play the game, as long as they enjoy it personally.  They are not connected with the overall community (Your statements, as example).

If GW2 ever came out with their version of Dimensions, that would be nothing short of AWESOME.  Especially if the components and items were crafted and sellable / tradeable.

To each thier own ...I'm not sure about player created content having a market or not >>> I am sure I have no intrest in building a house and furnishing it in a mmo nor do I have any intrest in crafting furniture or anything else along those lines .

I found the housing in LOTRO to be a waste of time and space and not something I'd waste my time on again...now the building of towns and forts in a sandbox type game serves a purpose i can understand ....but a theme park game with house building just isn't my cup of tea  

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Yes, absolutely. If the GW1 expansions are any indication a GW 2 expansion would be huge. If you didn't get every penny worth (60$) from the initial box price then you should probably have done more research or played beta honestly. The game is well worth the cost considering how many games out there cost 60$ and give you maybe 20 hours of gameplay.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Not if it's just more of the same.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Depends on what they add.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Possibly on some conditions:

Underwater combat overhauled / extra weapons

Guild Halls

Polymock and other side activities (which i expected on release)

Needs at least those things

underwater was just fixed on nov 16 even engis got a huge burst to damage and speed.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    I voted yes, but it depends on what is available with the xpac.  I would hope for some more skills and non combat things to do. If it's just more of the same I don't think I would.

Ditto.

Oh...and I voted "not sure yet."

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• DuviousDuvious Member Posts: 116
    Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, YES!!!
  • pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    as long as they add more legendaries and ascended items I'll buy it.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

why not ?!

if someone already plays it why not ?

already the content i see its worth of a subscription based game ...