Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

What is the worst MMO You ever played? For me it was 2029 everything from game play to graphics to the comunity sucked bout that game. Next would have to be Knight Online. Started out decent but went to hell when they allowed the gold trolls to take over the game. Then I would have to list Lego's Online as being one of the worst MMO's ever played it was spose to be a sandbox MMO but failed at that. Finialy I would have to say Star Trek Online. It seemed they rushed the game with out much for thought. I guess with that thought in mind I would have to say also Star War The Old Republic for again a good potiential space MMO but I mean come on when the founding members leave the gaming company you know it was doomed from the start. Also just goes to show you that merging is also not a good idea for MMO's

So now your turn what is the worst MMO you ever played and why?

Comments

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    honestly, WORLD OF WARCRAFT.  I just do not like it, i hate it with a passion.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Final Fantasy XIV

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by jedicowboy

There's always one of you somewhere.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

FFXIV by far.

It is the ONLY one that was that broke at launch. It was really hard to get the game to work for me lol.

And i love FF :(

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Easily Mortal Online. Im surprised this pile of crap still breathing.
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

There's always one of you somewhere.

Everyone is intitle to a opionion as far as the worst MMO for them is. I would love to know why he mention WoW?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Doesn't sound like you played. I know the hate is strong in you for this game, but try to stay on topic. Anyway the worst I played was Alganon. Such a blatant ripoff! And I thought the skill/learning system sounded cool too. Second would be Fung Wan Online. I thought a kung fu mmorpg based off The Stormriders would have been freakin sweet, but this game was a buggy horrid mess that never even made it out of beta (thank god!)

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    I would say WoW also.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    FF14 was pretty bad im not even going to lie but I think PotBS burnt me worse. Especially since after I woerked so hard and even put some money into it my econs were striped because premium is not subscriber. Also the whole 1st rate loading screens with no first rates then the whole bring them back but make them super weak thing. I worked forever on a mast then it was to realistic for their standerds? I was like didn't some of the most beutiful art come from that time they had oil paints that were water proof. Aparently it was to much for them to handle. Idk PotBS then FF14 then PSU.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I would have to say Warhammer Online. Such an epic ip that failed epicly in so many ways.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Aion.
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Anyone who says WoW is either a Blizzard hater or hasn't played very many MMOs.  WoW isn't really my thing and I haven't played it for years, but at least it's polished and runs well.

I'm going to have to go with Horizons or Istaria or whatever it's called these days.  What an atrocious game.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    I don't remembered the name, it was a few years ago.  I think the game is gone by now.  It was a free to play with a really strange control system.  Once I figured out how to move around, my character got stuck in a vendor's booth and couldn't get out.  Logging out and back in didn't work.  Uninstalled.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    I don't remembered the name, it was a few years ago.  I think the game is gone by now.  It was a free to play with a really strange control system.  Once I figured out how to move around, my character got stuck in a vendor's booth and couldn't get out.  Logging out and back in didn't work.  Uninstalled.

lmao Now That has got to be the worst MMO if you cant even remember the name.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    I would also say WoW due of what it is and what it made MMO market into.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I will be here....waiting for the first guy that says "GW2"

And then I will jump from my window

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by dinams

GW2! Give me livestream so I can confirm... you weren't lying on the internet I hope. :(

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Kuro1n
    Originally posted by dinams

GW2! Give me livestream so I can confirm... you weren't lying on the internet I hope. :(

You already posted, so it dont count

AND I AVOIDED DEATH ONCE MORE

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

Age of Conan

I manage to get my char to level 18, and then I couldn`t stand it no more.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I would have to say wow, i just hated the cartoon graphics. plus im not a big themepark player anyways so it just wasnt for me, i like alot more challenge in a game.
  • lucasdeisslucasdeiss Member Posts: 6
    GW2 BY FAR
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Irth Online.
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Mortal Online.
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

They were calling it an MMO at the time, but when Masters of Orion 3 went live, it was so bad that the maker Quicksilver closed all support for it within 30 days of launch and took the web site down.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Alganon - Easily the worst.

STO - I couldn't stand the characters, animations or ground combat.  I didn't stay long enough to really get the hang of space combat but it felt wonky as well.

EQ2 - I had tried it in hopes of it being better than WOW.  It was far, far worse.

Runes of Magic - Probably the most boring leveling I've ever experienced.  I quit long before I would run into the P2W aspects.