Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Pre-Orders are Go

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The fine folks at Aventurine have not only updated their website to the new Unholy Wars theme, but as of today the pre-orders for the game are live ready for the making. Head on over to DarkfallOnline.com to see all the details, but here's how it works:

The offer includes:

• Discount pricing:

• Returning Darkfall players: Price of the subscription (14.95)

• New players get 25% off (29.95)

• Beta Access

• 30 Days Game time after official launch

• Reserve your Character name

The Account Page of Darkfall Online has all the goodies.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    why charge non NA players EUR for playing in the NA servers, bad biz practice, sigh...., broken promises and now this muck up..., cant they get something right AV da sux
  • stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    finally mmorpg realized you cant deny darkfall. even if u get tasos'd now and then
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Elminzter
    why charge non NA players EUR for playing in the NA servers, bad biz practice, sigh...., broken promises and now this muck up..., cant they get something right AV da sux

most games do that.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    When is the beta access available?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    When is the beta access available?
    Monday, apparently. We should be able to download the client tomorrow.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Beta should start 17th december, 2 days OMERGERD

My blog: image

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Can't wait! Beta is going to be a blast :)

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    Thank you guys for putting up the article!!!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149

So suppose to launch last week, then they say they are not ready on the last second....then now it is beta? how does that work in a business point of view lol

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

DF is going back up number 1 for the most anticipated game. Vote for DF before the end of the year.

You got tasoed. It happen and it will happen again. Get use to it, move on and admit that DF is still the best game at the end of the day.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Their pre-orders launched as planned, so hopefully the beta does as well (this comming monday). If they hit the target, then I'm sure people's faith will go back up, after last delay blew it for a lot of people.

Also you're paying in Euro's because it is a European company. Previously they had an NA based company handle payments for the NA server.

Don't like paying more? Well neither do we EU people, but Greece has a 23% tax of digital sales.

There is a strong possibility you will pay in dollars post-launch anyway, in which case you will pay less than EU players, so you can't complain!

Edit: Be sure you check out the new screenshots on the website as well.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    pfff now you now how eu or especiall swiss players are feeling for YEARS because they have to pay stuff all the time in a unfavorable currency
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

funny how people cry about currency difference.. what is like? 4 to 8 dollar? less?

ill drink to that guys.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    bit more than that... if you take swiss currency for example, usd and eur prices are usually the same, we usually have to pay in eur and eurchf was long time around 1.25 and usdchf was at 0.9...so thats like 35% difference...thats quite substantial
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Darkfall players can buy for just the price of a sub? Count me in!
  • amikobamikob Member UncommonPosts: 29

Thanks.

just purchased the game.. i was waiting for that since 2010 :P

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62

I will be laughing again to you guys... seriuosly why trust this company anymore?

This is why nowday companies make bad games, because there are people like all of you who still invest in their crappy product and support.

Seriously i do belive in the p2p model, but companies like these are plain abusive.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• KalanderKalander Member UncommonPosts: 12

Im just curious about the numbers... 

After the success on Greenlight in 2 days and DF going back to most hyped here, they probably will get a lot of people to beta.

• MoriteMorite Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I love this game.. Play DF 1 launch and it was the most fun I ever had online. Looking forward to give this another go.
  • RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Before I pre-order I will wait and see how the beta goes.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

The pre order process was very smooth and lag/bug free which is a massive improvement over the debacle that was the DF1 launch.

So things are looking quite good at this point.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I'm curious to try the game cause I loved Meridian 59 back in the day and this kinda feels like a big meridian. But at the same time I worry that the cutthroat nature of open pvp on a large scale will never be interesting.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Yea sure .Show me the gameplay first if you want my money! 
  • wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I gotz mine.... Woohoo.
  • deleriuzwundeleriuzwun Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Whats with the unbearably slow download?