Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

Comments

• drazenidrazeni Member UncommonPosts: 8
    there is a reason for this best game ever even with all the bugs.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Wish

although I hardly really remember the game, but back then the game was really innovating.

EDIT: 

Well actually the biggest innovation was not really an innovation, but having gamemaster really be gamemaster and not a server moderator.

• ZnarfZnarf Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Coman

Wish

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I believe of any community SWG is the most vocal. SWG will surely win this poll. It really should say SWG pre NGE.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• KezzadrixKezzadrix Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Rasputin

UO 1999 was the peak.

I agree, though I wouldn't really be interested in playing the old version.  However, I'd love a new game based on this era of UO.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Dont care about any of those. I want devs make new games with modern graphics
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I would love to try a classic UO server, must admit.

I would also love to see The Chronicles of Spellborn given about a year of development TLC and rezzed... that game was pushed out way to early and just generally destroyed by shitty business decisions. It had the potentiol to be awesome.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    This poll indicates that SOE made a pretty big misstake when shutting down SWG. I personally voted Shadowbane as that was a pretty good PvP MMORPG, altough it had its issues.
  • RyphtRypht Member UncommonPosts: 39

I'd love to say SWG, but it wouldn't be the same, the city we built, the community we forged, the players that made living in that sandbox a magical experience, will never be recaptured.  Don't get me wrong, a rebuilt swg pre-nge would get my subscription money, but I fear the search for recapturing a shining moment would taint accepting the new sandbox.

Nostalgia video of my city  :P 

My second choice, would be that space trucking game that westwood studios built, Earth and Beyond.  I never did get to finish upgrading my jenquai explorer's ship.

How about a poll on games that never made it to release?  I'd have loved to see Ultima: Origin get released.  A steampunk themed mmo? yes please.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Star Wars Galaxies please with some preNGE and postNGE bits.
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Tholdornas
    None from that list; I´d like The Chronicles of Spellborn to return from the dead!

I agree witht his!

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by someforumguy
    Star Wars Galaxies please with some preNGE and postNGE bits.

It needs a new and powerful graphics engine and call it Star Wars Online instead.

And less planets but each planet has more explorable land and no Jedis or Siths, period.

This game should be all be about the little people in the Star Wars universe.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by Thourne
    SWG but only pre NGE...best if pre CU.

I'd imagine this is why SWG is getting such a high percentage of the votes....I tried it a few months before it shut down and I wasn't impressed at all.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I would love to try a classic UO server, must admit.

I would also love to see The Chronicles of Spellborn given about a year of development TLC and rezzed... that game was pushed out way to early and just generally destroyed by shitty business decisions. It had the potentiol to be awesome.

they still have some classis servers out there, can't say any thing more.  last time I did i got my post deleted that I use as an avatar :)

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Coman

Wish

although I hardly really remember the game, but back then the game was really innovating.

EDIT: 

Well actually the biggest innovation was not really an innovation, but having gamemaster really be gamemaster and not a server moderator.

Wish was fun, but it wasnt really innovative, it was almost a 3d version of classic UO.  sure there were some things different, but playing it you could tell they were trying to fill the void left by UO.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    All of them....but mostly AutoAssult..but some games on the list I never had a chance to sample.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I would like to see SWG resurrected and UPDATED.  The old game was a snapshot in time, and while I loved it very much, it needs a lot of updates to be considered a decent game by today's standards.  Unfortunately due to the Star Wars intellectual property, this game is also the least likely to be resurrected.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Oldschool SWG with modern graphics, tons of updates, fixes and space-combat/trading.

Unfortunately this is never going to happen.

• gambitknightgambitknight Member Posts: 12
    Rose online trumps pretty much every mmo I've played, it just never had the funding, gravity only used it to promote ragnarok. Rose online bought by a good mmo company would vrcimr the hegemon.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Caldrin

The origional SWG before it got broke..

SWG launched broke, I have never been more disappointed with a game.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

None on the list:

the games id like to see come back from the development graveyard are as follows:

1) Perpetual Entertainments Star Trek Online

2) Marvel Universe Online

3) Cheyenne Mountain's Stargate Worlds

4) Mythica

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

I totally forgot about Chronicles of Spellborn. Probably should have put that one in instead of MCO

I knew SWG would probably lead, but the results are interesting.

I did think with the announcement of AC2 being reborn that it would get bigger numbers

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Where is Exteel? I liked that game was a better mech game then hawkin.