Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey MMORPG.com - Are you hating on Darkfall?

How come you guys didn't post an update that pre-orders are ready?   It's kind of a big deal and definitely news worthy...

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.

Comments

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

It was a smooth pre-order that went without a hitch.  So nothing news worthy enough for them.  

Now if a pre-order for a game like WoW happened we would see 5 news stories.  Just like their general discussions section is for WoW too.  They never move WoW post to the WoW forum.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Lol is this the new thing? Call out to mmorpg.com every time they do not report instantly on stuff? seen it like half a dozen times this week on various sub-forums here.

besides its about pre-orders that are ready.. how are they ready?  are they shipped, are they in boxes..are they printed ? what is ready?  and OMG!!! they ditn report on how many people are returning to AC2 for the time being! and they dint gave us a status update on the number of boxes that were sent this month by the ..like -all- other games..

jeez Bill , get some pepper and put it in the you know were.. your slacking!  booo!!!!  Im soo going to boycott mmorpg.com for like..a full minute!

Edit: Im back! hope you enjoyed the one Full minute of boycott! I finaly had time to do a basic spelling check on this!, soo cool!

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    One of their more popular games and forums and noting on the front page about the pre-order.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by -Zeno-
    One of their more popular games and forums and noting on the front page about the pre-order.

Drunk-posting-night it is then!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by Eladi

Lol is this the new thing? Call out to mmorpg.com every time they do not report instantly on stuff? seen it like half a dozen times this week on various sub-forums here.

besides its about pre-orders that are ready.. how are they ready?  are they shipped, are they in boxes..are they printed ? what is ready?  and OMG!!! they ditn report on how many people are returning to AC2 for the time being! and they dint gave us a status update on the number of boxes that were sent this month by the ..like -all- other games..

jeez Bill , get some pepper and put it in the you know were.. your slacking!  booo!!!!  Im soo going to boycott mmorpg.com for like..a full minute!

Edit: Im back! hope you enjoyed the one Full minute of boycott! I finaly had time to do a basic spelling check on this!, soo cool!

They are ready...as in you can pre-order.. simple.

But tell you what, if this was Guild Wars 2, by now we would have "GW2 Pre-Orders Ready - Part 1", "GW2 - Per-Orders Ready - Part 2 - Smooth Experience", "GW2 Pre-Orders - Review In Progress Part 3", at the very least.

Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Popular by what measure?  The amount of "Oh, delayed again" and "Oh, no release date yet" comments in the forums?  Or popular by number of subscribers, which is currently at zero?

More people are subscribed to Mortal Online than Darkfall UW.  Maybe mmorpg.com should run more mortal stories since it's more popular than darkfall?

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    its preorders, thats not news worthy, so who cares LOL
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Popular by what measure?  The amount of "Oh, delayed again" and "Oh, no release date yet" comments in the forums?  Or popular by number of subscribers, which is currently at zero?

More people are subscribed to Mortal Online than Darkfall UW.  Maybe mmorpg.com should run more mortal stories since it's more popular than darkfall?

Popular by hype meter/votes. 

How can you expect subscribers when MMORPG doesn't report, or reports on stuff 3 days after the fact.

Originally posted by Melkrow

How can you expect subscribers when MMORPG doesn't report, or reports on stuff 3 days after the fact.

Ah by hype meter.  So Darkfall WAS at the top spot and fell to 5th place, with a NEGATIVE number for hype in between.  Yeah people are loving it I guess?  lmao

Ah by hype meter.  So Darkfall WAS at the top spot and fell to 5th place, with a NEGATIVE number for hype in between.  Yeah people are loving it I guess?  lmao

Welcome to real world.  People change their minds back and forth.  Besides NEGATIVE number was a bug on MMORPG.com, because it is impossible to give a negative rating to a game.

Welcome to real world.  People change their minds back and forth.  Besides NEGATIVE number was a bug on MMORPG.com, because it is impossible to give a negative rating to a game.

Right.  so ignoring the negative, this game has fallen considerably from the heights of peoples expectations in a rather short time.  So this is popular? lol

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    How come you guys didn't post an update that pre-orders are ready?   It's kind of a big deal and definitely news worthy...

When did you send them info on it? Maybe they just haven't gotten a chance to post your news yet. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Right.  so ignoring the negative, this game has fallen considerably from the heights of peoples expectations in a rather short time.  So this is popular? lol

You're wrong.  It was #1, then it was #33, and now it's back up (and rising rapidly) to #5.  By Monday it will be #1 again, and will remain there for all eternity.

You're wrong.  It was #1, then it was #33, and now it's back up (and rising rapidly) to #5.  By Monday it will be #1 again, and will remain there for all eternity.

Actually, having it stay in the top spot forever DOES seem likely.

By that I mean in the "In Development" category of hype since obviously it'll be there forever since it'll never actually release :D

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

....you brought this on yourself.   http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371596/page/1  or is the protest over?

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

What he is saying is true, it was number one for a while, then the community got pissed because they didn't release on time and told us at the last minute.  It was downvoted all the way to the ~30s.  Since the beta signups this morning it has gone from #25 to #5, in just one day.  I would be surprised if it wasn't 1 again by monday.

• KalanderKalander Member UncommonPosts: 12

I think we cannot blame mmorpg.com for this...

Yes, it was a great pre-order launch, a lot of people are excited about this (i say that based on darkfall forums), a little bit confusing in the very begining, but working.

The point is the "last minute surprise" from AV. Tasos said YESTERDAY about the pre-order... and based on very recent (this week) delays, until few hours ago nobody knew if it was going live... nobody can expect a article read to publish.

But i also love DF, already preordered... i think something will be published on monday, after the actual beta begins.

• Originally posted by Burning25

What he is saying is true, it was number one for a while, then the community got pissed because they didn't release on time and told us at the last minute.  It was downvoted all the way to the ~30s.  Since the beta signups this morning it has gone from #25 to #5, in just one day.  I would be surprised if it wasn't 1 again by monday.

i think the look is more about the comment about it being #1 on the meter for all eternity

Originally posted by muffins89

....you brought this on yourself.   http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371596/page/1  or is the protest over?

Yes, that particular protest is over.  World is dynamic, AV does something stupid like that again, I will make another push.  Until then I'll support them with all my heart.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Now on the number #4 spot! Soon to be #3 :)

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by gaou
    Originally posted by Burning25

i think the look is more about the comment about it being #1 on the meter for all eternity

Ahh, yeah, well that does make more sense :P

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    gif 10/10 would fap again
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by muffins89

Yes, that particular protest is over.  World is dynamic, AV does something stupid like that again, I will make another push.  Until then I'll support them with all my heart.

Dear AV, 

i still love you.

Melkrow

xoxox

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by gaou

Ahh, yeah, well that does make more sense :P

That's exactly it. Sorry for being a dick and just posting a .gif.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>