Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DarkFall Pre-Order now live!!

1235»

Comments

• ewlinitisewlinitis Member Posts: 7

One of the first to Pre-Order right here

<------------------

<------------------

<------------------

"you're all so pittiful, this is sad"

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Zushakon
    Zyzra: It's just paying for the first month, which we would have had to do anyway.. you expect them to let us play their game for free?

For the first month for former Darkfall subscribers?  Yes that is what I thought they'd do.  I mean I thought they get the game for free?

It's kinda like getting  a free plane ticket, so long as you pay for the flight.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    Zyzra: It's just paying for the first month, which we would have had to do anyway.. you expect them to let us play their game for free?

For the first month for former Darkfall subscribers?  Yes that is what I thought they'd do.  I mean I thought they get the game for free?

It's kinda like getting  a free plane ticket, so long as you pay for the flight.

Not sure if you are new to MMOs, but many MMOs charge a subscription in addition to a box purchase. In this case, you don't need to make the box purchase, but you need to pay the subscription like every other person out there. Hope that helps!

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

Not sure if you are new to MMOs, but many MMOs charge a subscription in addition to a box purchase. In this case, you don't need to make the box purchase, but you need to pay the subscription like every other person out there. Hope that helps!

Not sure if you are new to MMOs but many include 30 days gametime with the game purchase.  Even Darkfall Unholy Wars according to the pre order page does this.

So either the game is NOT free for returning darkfall players as promised

Or returning darkfall players don't get the same offer as new players despite what the website says is included.

Hope that helps!

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Not sure if you are new to MMOs but many include 30 days gametime with the game purchase.  Even Darkfall Unholy Wars according to the pre order page does this.

Or returning darkfall players don't get the same offer as new players despite what the website says is included.

Hope that helps!

It's been common knowledge for some time now that returning DF players would get the game (that's just the game aka client) for free but would have to pay for the first month's sub. I'm guessing you got your information from a friend or guildy and perhaps this is a bit of a "broken telephone" situation for you.

Consider yourself caught up image

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Hope that helps!

It's been common knowledge for some time now that returning DF players would get the game (that's just the game aka client) for free but would have to pay for the first month's sub. I'm guessing you got your information from a friend or guildy and perhaps this is a bit of a "broken telephone" situation for you.

Ah I see.  I am glad they are providing the game client for free.  I'd hate to think we'd be charged to download it each time.  Glad returning players get the ability to freely download the client like pretty much every MMORPG with a downloadable client without shelling out extra money.

It's so nice to be able to download it for free but not be able to do anything with it unless I pay.

Like I said, it's like getting a free plane ticket, so long as you pay for the flight.

Hope that helps!

Ah I see.  I am glad they are providing the game client for free.  I'd hate to think we'd be charged to download it each time.  Glad returning players get the ability to freely download the client like pretty much every MMORPG with a downloadable client without shelling out extra money.

It's so nice to be able to download it for free but not be able to do anything with it unless I pay.

Like I said, it's like getting a free plane ticket, so long as you pay for the flight.

Welcome to the MMO genre! Yes, you do get to download it free. Isn't that nice? If you want, you are welcome to buy the game again at the $29.99 price instead if 14.99 isn't good enough for you. I don't know many that would do that, but if you want to support the developers by giving them more money, then that's a great way to do it!

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the MMO genre! Yes, you do get to download it free. Isn't that nice? If you want, you are welcome to buy the game again at the $29.99 price instead if 14.99 isn't good enough for you. I don't know many that would do that, but if you want to support the developers by giving them more money, then that's a great way to do it!

Or!  they could charge 29.99 for new players and include one free month of gametime, while returning Darkfall 1 players get to download (!!!) free, and get the entire game free, and first 30 days free, followed by subscribing!

This would actually be good marketing as well!  If AV was confident in their product, the Darkfall 1 playerbase is perfect for people who are likely to enjoy it, there's no reason they wouldn't get the game then to try it for a month and see the improvements and changes firsthand with no cost, and that means more likely to sign up for subscriptions, more likely to say good things!

Or they might be unsure if they will have a functional on time quality game, and are hoping to grab cash quick in the hopes people 'wait it out' and hope it gets better later.

Or!  they could charge 29.99 for new players and include one free month of gametime, while returning Darkfall 1 players get to download (!!!) free, and get the entire game free, and first 30 days free, followed by subscribing!

This would actually be good marketing as well!  If AV was confident in their product, the Darkfall 1 playerbase is perfect for people who are likely to enjoy it, there's no reason they wouldn't get the game then to try it for a month and see the improvements and changes firsthand with no cost, and that means more likely to sign up for subscriptions, more likely to say good things!

Or they might be unsure if they will have a functional on time quality game, and are hoping to grab cash quick in the hopes people 'wait it out' and hope it gets better later.

Lol, I get that you want truly free experience, but what other game has done that? Why expect DFUW to be any different in their pricing? It's nice enough that give the game free to past players. I guess I am really struggling with your logic that you should get it all free upfront without paying a penny. You already get it at a discount. Isn't that enough? :P

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

Hope that helps!

is that a new model?get expansions for free + first 30 days for free?if yes i love it..

Lol, I get that you want truly free experience, but what other game has done that? Why expect DFUW to be any different in their pricing? It's nice enough that give the game free to past players. I guess I am really struggling with your logic that you should get it all free upfront without paying a penny. You already get it at a discount. Isn't that enough? :P

Actually there has been at least 2 maybe more games that I've played, given to me as a former subscriber to other games by that company, where I entered the code given freely and it unlocked a full retail account.  This didn't cost 15 dollars, as it included 30 days free as it was the full game.  Subscribing later cost the normal amounts.

Obviously Darkfall is taking a more fee-heavy approach to free.

Originally posted by Dietengu

is that a new model?get expansions for free + first 30 days for free?if yes i love it..

I mean what the hell is Unholy Wars?

Expansion in which case it shouldn't even be on the development hype meter, or marketed as a new game

or a new game?

Edit: And besides, there is an MMO that's grown year over year for nine years that is sandbox and gives ALL expansions for free plus includes first 30 days free, just as you said.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

I mean what the hell is Unholy Wars?

Expansion in which case it shouldn't even be on the development hype meter, or marketed as a new game

or a new game?

Edit: And besides, there is an MMO that's grown year over year for nine years that is sandbox and gives ALL expansions for free plus includes first 30 days free, just as you said.

but the problem here mate is you dont want to pay for it either as a new game or as a expansion either the sub only.

its just sounds a bit weird to me just saying lol.also can you name that game pls that gives all that for free?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Well shit, if they took the next step and made the recurring sub fee the same, we'd actually have a living breathing real true F2P game on our hands.

Now that would be something to behold.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148

Hope that helps!

What is wrong with this guys brain? Of fucking course we dont get the first month for free since we don't buy the game, usually it is that you buy the game and get the first month for free since you know, YOU FUCKING BOUGHT THE GAME. Now we don't have to buy the game, just pay for the sub(how fucking generous do you expect these guys to be, they are already making a good game instead of all the themepark shit we see today).

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Pass, not even slighty interested.

Maybe massive amount of positive reviews will change my mind.

• GartmonGartmon Member Posts: 1
    Got mine soon after the website came up. 
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
    Originally posted by PrinceDamien
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    I'll pass for now. 

Good. You were probably one of the people that pre-ordered GW2...

You wouldn't know a good game if it kicked you in the balls.

By looking at youre comment, and name, I guess youre a.... a.... hmmm.... a darkfall fanboy?

edit: no need to hate people with different oppinions. if everyone was single minded, there would be no evolution and we would still be living in caves.

Actually there is a reason to hate people that promote shitty games. How do you think we got into this themepark mess? What happened in the last 10 years is some retarded generation came along and decided it was ok to dull games down to the point of mania. 

I am trying to invite people over to the other (hardcore) side of the old UO days for the sake of all MMOs. No more should we endure boring hand-holding games appealing to the masses. We need CHANGE. 

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is that change...for now.

Let me give you an example where different opinions collide. 

Player A says WoW is better than Darkfall Unholy Wars or even DF 1.0 

Player A is an idiot and this statement will NEVER be correct. People that enjoy games like WoW over innovative games like  The Repopulation and Darkfall simply pollute this earth and should be dealt with accordingly. Anything that limits freedom and creativity should be destroyed.

i think people like to hate on more popular games because they think that liking a much less popular one therefore makes them better (or at least have better taste) than "the masses".

above, in the quote is an example of this.

either (a) this guy is a troll in which case, as an eve player i am required to salute him heartily o7

or (b) he really is such a sadsack that he feels it's ok to hate someone based on what game they like.  in which case i hope he plays a LOT of whatever game satisfys him.  that way he doesnt have any time to reproduce.

there are literally billions of folks in the world, there are enough games to go around, like the games you like, play the games you play and if you want to share your opinions (acctually i encourage this!) please do so without being a douche.

thaniks from someone who enjoyed both wow AND DF1.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Got my pre-order and my (new) name saved. I bought the game off EBay for $10 off someone two days after launch because dude kept getting ganked outside of starter town and had enough. I kept the name (Ozzy McFly, hello all my Bloodstone Syndicate clannies!) because I didn't want to start over. Never really liked the name so now I got one that will fit right in:

Introducing Tranny Oakley!

See you all in a few days!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• JackieChilesJackieChiles Member Posts: 3
    I preordered, all I need now is to wait for *monday*I hope* :D 
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Purchased and name reserved!  I'm new to Darkfall, and I am looking forward to seeing if the combat, politics and community is as interesting as I've been learning it was in DFO.

strap yourself in!  you're in for a helluva a bumpy ride!  

Welcome to Darkfall

keep in mind, Av's ways are not your ways....

but they provide an experience unlike anything else in gaming.  

spiking strongly into both good and bad territories  8)

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• contestcontest Member Posts: 7
    february we'll play DF-UW
  • MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

this looks interesting :3

you think it will be any good? 

im willing to buy and try it out i guess if its good heh

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com