Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Unholy War's Pre-Orders happened without a HITCH!!!!!!!

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
This is GREAT news!  Several hundred thousand pre-orders and the site did not crash!  Much better than the first round years ago.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    So where are you getting 'several hundred thousand' from?
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Interesting number "several hundred thousand". Where did it come from?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    That's awesome news!  They are able to take your money without a hitch!  Unfortunately they have yet to provide a working client to download.  But hey at least you can rest assured they have your money!!!
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    That's awesome news!  They are able to take your money without a hitch!  Unfortunately they have yet to provide a working client to download.  But hey at least you can rest assured they have your money!!!

The download is on Saturday.  Beta servers open Monday.

You could not even pre-order the game when they launched it a few years ago.  This shows they have learned a lot since then. Even the first version of DFO kept getting better and better.  Take that experiance into account and toss it into this new game and we have "the next thing" everyone was looking for.

Only 1 downside of this.  It's not Shadowbane 2.  Shadowbane had 300k  games sold in its first few days of existance.  Darkfall Online would of hit that mark if their server had not crashed.  Server is runinng fine today for Darkfall Unholy Wars!!!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Originally posted by -Zeno-

You could not even pre-order the game when they launched it a few years ago.  This shows they have learned a lot since then. Even the first version of DFO kept getting better and better.  Take that experiance into account and toss it into this new game and we have "the next thing" everyone was looking for.

Only 1 downside of this.  It's not Shadowbane 2.  Shadowbane had 300k  games sold in its first few days of existance.  Darkfall Online would of hit that mark if their server had not crashed.  Server is runinng fine today for Darkfall Unholy Wars!!!

I thought the download was on Monday.  You know, last Monday.  But it got delayed.

But hey I guess it's on Saturday now!  Well, at least once it has been delayed to every day of the week, whenever it does become available to download, it'll fall on one of the seven possible days of the week they mentioned previously and then they won't have been wrong.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Without a hitch> Good for you. I've having trouble getting ym password back. It say my account is not found when trying to get it back. Their support is being crap for weeks... Probly the most stupid and yet the most deficient support i've seen, It's even worse then EA and Sony support.
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Did they learn a lot or is there little interest in a niche p2p game with a $15 monthly subscription in today's market?

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by bingo69
    Without a hitch> Good for you. I've having trouble getting ym password back. It say my account is not found when trying to get it back. Their support is being crap for weeks... Probly the most stupid and yet the most deficient support i've seen, It's even worse then EA and Sony support.

You could be making the same mistake I made.  You have to check "I purchased Darkfall Online" at the bottom of the pre-order page.  Then a username and password field will show up where you can enter in your old account info and get the discount.

• bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

I thought the download was on Monday.  You know, last Monday.  But it got delayed.

But hey I guess it's on Saturday now!  Well, at least once it has been delayed to every day of the week, whenever it does become available to download, it'll fall on one of the seven possible days of the week they mentioned previously and then they won't have been wrong.

It says on the download tab that it will be available saturday.

Originally posted by bartillo

It says on the download tab that it will be available saturday.

It says in this text file on my desktop that the human race is enslaved by trout-goat crossbreed overlords from the center of the Sun.

Good thing I don't believe everything I read.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

It says in this text file on my desktop that the human race is enslaved by trout-goat crossbreed overlords from the center of the Sun.

Good thing I don't believe everything I read.

Trout-goat crossbreeds! image

*does not approve (fish are stinky)

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    I got 2 accounts, no problem.  13 more of my guildmates ordered as well without any issues.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I thought projected launch date was 12.12.12.....

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Interesting number "several hundred thousand". Where did it come from?

Interested in the answer to this one, too. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

He must have meant  "several hundred to thousand pre-orders".

it was a few thousand at least  some people are having issue with the site nto accepting there paypal or cc atm but it just need some work yet at least it didnt crash

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    They are even to dumb to have the old payments working.But hey,i miss the chance to be Tasos new games need to have old problems!
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Pre-order was a smooth experience, not very Darkfall, we expect a rough time!

Here was the majority of MMO'ers reaction to Darkfall's ruleset.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    It's over SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAAAAAANNNDD!!!!