Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is all excited for this ?

Comments

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    The PvE if it's like DF1 will be hella fun, aiming, they dodge etc, they run to their friends(bloody annoying) . I've missed farming in df, it's the only game I actually enjoyed to PvE mainly because of the aiming required, but also always having to be on your toes, 'did you hear something?' Gets mega paranoid, it's great fun, see you Monday.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by Burning25
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

I know the game is pvp oriented, but how is the PvE/group content?

Just curious.

I've asked this question a lot too.  From what I gather, PvE is mostly focused on resource gathering, crafting (by anyone), and supporting your group.  There aren't really PvE systems other than killing mobs for resources and stuff.  I could be wrong, but this is what people have been telling me.

It is not PvE in your traditional go into a dungeon and work together using your unique class aiblities to kill a boss.

It is more like UO and Asheron's Call PvE, you go into dungeons(that anyone can enter, they're not instanced) kill random mobs working in a group or solo, or you're killing monsters out in the world.  There are some harder PvE encounters that take more people.  The Dragons early on took a lot of people to bring down, but as people gained more experience, it obviously would go down faster and with less people. Good groups of like 7-10 with good gear could get them down fast near the end.

PvE AI is better than most games, the monsters run, dodge, strafe to avoid projectiles.

PVE is important, you need resources to get the best gear and a lot of the PvP and sieges involve around holding good PvE areas.

Thanks both of you, it does sound interesting. image

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Let me tell you guys a story I experienced in Darkfall 1.   I was out farming some mobs on the ice island which the eastern side was mostly controlled by our alliance.  There was some troublesome enemies that lived in some of the villages and chaos city nearby and they would occasionally organize and come raid our cities.  Anyways, I was farming some dwarves for about an hour and had a decent amount of gold when a rare chest key dropped.  I think it was about a 2000 gold value. So I decide to head back and along the way I spot a chaos chest a little ways away.  These are random chest around the world which normally contain minimal gold etc, but there is a chance of rare items. I look in my bag and see that I got a large villa deed which is a large house.  Now my heart is racing.  I've got my head phones on full blast now.  I hear hoof beats in the distance and look around and spot two riders. They spot me and turn in my direction. I hop back on my mount and start making for the straightest route to our city with two of them right on my tail.  I open the gate of our city and barrel straight toward the bank and deposit my gold, keys and deed in the bank. They did not follow me.  

It was moments like this that make darkfall special. I have many more stories of great loss and gains.  No other game that I have ever played has given me so many great memories. 

In The end it was just the grind that got to me, so if that is fixed we are in for a treat.

Ps:  I never did find an available spot for my house deed and when I was ready to leave for good I raided an enemy city with the deed on me.  I put up a good fight but was eventually swarmed.  I made the day of the person who looted me.

• PeithPeith Member Posts: 26
    I'm all excited
  • bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    I would be mor eexcited if Aventurine would have kept they're deadline, not upper sub price back to 15$ when ti was 9.99$... Seriously, they're so bad at marketing I doubt it'll even succeed ... Maybe with steam marketing it will be ok... but stilll, doubt is still clouding my mind lol.
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    I was interested before the first delay, but as a former DFO player, I could now care less following the second delay.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Ohhh and now... I see that their support is crap, and I can't even get my account info. Entering all the information, ti say my account "is not found" lmao... Seriously, never had this much hassle with the worst compagny in us , such as EA and Sony.
  • naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by bingo69
    Ohhh and now... I see that their support is crap, and I can't even get my account info. Entering all the information, ti say my account "is not found" lmao... Seriously, never had this much hassle with the worst compagny in us , such as EA and Sony.

and in the end it's not AVs fault but yours

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by naljeja

Yep, it's his fault for giving his money to a shady company.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I wouldn't say excited, but I am looking forward to giving it a go.

I self identify as a monkey.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Trying not to be but yeah.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

What reason do you have for saying this?

• Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Eir_S

What reason do you have for saying this?

because he just can't read.  You have to register a new account and then check an existing customer button and then it lets you enter your old information in, merging the two together.

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Played since beta.  Can;'t wait.  In fact I currently have withdrawls.

I nhave been playing MMOs since AC-DT released.

As for PvE.  group PvE was pretty horrendous in DFO1.  1  or two movs require a small group but only the ice dragon was reasonably speical.  Everything else could be 2 manned.  I nam hoping this changes with DFO2.

• WarinQuinnWarinQuinn Member Posts: 7
    Woop woop! Gonna be great, fresh world no cities claimed. Everyone with fresh chars and no skills. =D
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Avarious138
    Who is all excited for this ? I have played the old darkfall for a good 3 or 4 years and had more fun than I ever could imagine i could have with a game!

company payed whistle blower ^^

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Xandros
    I'm excited :)

target group :D

oh wait .. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/2077730

youre just playing the target group

wow, im watching these games already a while, creating hypes for games that come out.

this board is full of company agents .. narf

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

I was, guess I still am, but I generally don't play betas, unless I'm sure my progression will be retained (like a lot of F2P open beta's are).  Guess I don't like paying people to test their software, used to people paying me to do so.

Won't be joining until the game goes live.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• wfsurferwfsurfer Member UncommonPosts: 2

i am

most fun i ever had in mmo was df1.0

caint wait for 2.0

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    w00t w00t! It's back in it's #1 hype spot :D

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• JackieChilesJackieChiles Member Posts: 3
    I am super dooper excited :D
  • RodirxRodirx Member UncommonPosts: 2
    we all have 100% hyype!!
  • KnutCupKnutCup Member UncommonPosts: 21

downloaded, reserved a name, patiently waitng.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by JackieChiles
    I am super duper excited :D

fixed

• Not really excited at all. Never got that into the original.