Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm not sure if I'll like this game

So how can I see if I'll enjoy this game, without shelling out the entire cost of the game first?

Is there an open beta?

Is there a free trial?

Are there buddy invites?

Is there ANY way to try Unholy Wars for myself without paying for the game and being stuck with it regardless if I enjoy it or not?

Also, for those that pre-ordered, did you get a client downloaded yet?  Or were you only able to send AV your money at this time?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

no open beta.

no free trial.

no buddy keys.

no dl yet.  supposed to be available tomorrow. 

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Download happens tomorrow. If you are worried about it, wait until it's released and do your research. There will be plenty of reviews, gameplay videos and subscriber opinions on release.
  • ewlinitisewlinitis Member Posts: 7

Ofcoarse there's Beta , people have been misunderstanding this company for too long.  Creating a game is not as easy as people think and setbacks will always occur .  Now their way of communicating last minute is what has drove people crazy.  But other than that, this game has been the most exciting thing in over 3  years now.  It will and should be very fun if it delivers the way we all feel its going to.  

Feel free to visit  http://www.darkfallonline.com/     .  It's the new revamped website where you can pre-order and reserve a name and spot for the beta which should start this Monday .  The download client should be up and running Saturday or Sunday the latest unless there's another setback of some sort.   Hope to see you ingame , feel free to throw me a message "Chiva DaFooL" at your service .

"you're all so pittiful, this is sad"

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

No you can't do any of those things.

However, perhaps I can help you decide.  Tell me what you expect of the game? What are your concerns about the game?  I'll do my best to give you a detailed and honest answer to any questions/concenrs you might have.  Maybe that will help you make up your mind.

As other have mentioned.  You can download the game tomorrow, and start playing beta on Monday if you pre-ordered.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Zyzra

So how can I see if I'll enjoy this game, without shelling out the entire cost of the game first?

Is there an open beta?

Is there a free trial?

Are there buddy invites?

Is there ANY way to try Unholy Wars for myself without paying for the game and being stuck with it regardless if I enjoy it or not?

Also, for those that pre-ordered, did you get a client downloaded yet?  Or were you only able to send AV your money at this time?

Don't buy it at release is the only way to avoid this, wait for the reviews/player videos/free trial after release.

Truth is most people pre-ordering don't know if they'll enjoy it either because none of them have actually played the game. The big assumption is if you liked DF, you'll like DFUW which is flawed logic, the same flawed logic people used for PS2....and many PS players simply hated it. The difference is PS2 was free, this isn't.

So, you either pay your money and take a chance, or you wait.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Zinzan got it spot on.
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Thanks guys.  I was hoping there was at least something, even a buddy key system haha

But as ya said, there will be plenty of videos and player reviews to help get a better feel for actual players enjoyment of it.

In the meantime back to playing an awesome game - SimAnt!

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Thanks guys.  I was hoping there was at least something, even a buddy key system haha

But as ya said, there will be plenty of videos and player reviews to help get a better feel for actual players enjoyment of it.

In the meantime back to playing an awesome game - SimAnt!

One thing I did was listen to some recent mmosmacktalk.com podcasts where they interviewed some high-profile leaders from DFO.  This is a very unique game, and I suspect the only way to know if you will like it is to dive in.  For me the politics and dynamics involved in their PvP and holding system were enough for me to pull the trigger.  It still has to earn me sticking around though.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.