Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DarkFall Pre-Order now live!!

Comments

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Cant see link account anywhere when logged into new unholy war account
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by thinktank001
    Originally posted by corpusc
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Of course there will be a wipe. This is beta not release.

its a good, safe assumption, and one i'm %99 sure of, 

but several beta's have allowed your character to transfer to release.

& this guy talked as if he knew.

Wasn't one of the reasons that the game was delayed because they felt it was unfair to players that were going to purchase from steam?

With that in mind, why would they allow a player to keep their beta character, since it would give them a considerable advantage?   

since when does logic dictate what actually happens?

they SAID they are planning on a headstart period.  which also flies in the face of your logic.

all i asked was if wipe was confirmed.  

& that answer is exactly what i was looking for.  not pointless conjecture, or soapboxing about what SHOULD happen and acting as if that is necessarily gonna determine what DOES happen.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

Someone must know ?
  • WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by coxyroxy
    Someone must know ?

Might be during when you create a new account. Didnt sheck for it since I didnt have an old one.

But I saw that you can link an account in the Subscription page if I'm correct. Could be that?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I'll pass for now. 

Damn I missed that tick box.

Well i'm not paying over the odds for it. AV dont get my £15. Probably for the best, not enough time for another game.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    I'll pass for now. 

Good. You were probably one of the people that pre-ordered GW2...

You wouldn't know a good game if it kicked you in the balls.

Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
    I'll pass for now. 

By looking at youre comment, and name, I guess youre a.... a.... hmmm.... a darkfall fanboy?

edit: no need to hate people with different oppinions. if everyone was single minded, there would be no evolution and we would still be living in caves.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I'll pass for now. 

Same here. As tempting as it is, I think I'm going to wait for plenty of user reviews. 

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

So to make things straight enough:  

1) older players get the game client and the first 30 days for 14,95 euros?

2)By saying  "older player" does this include anyone who ever bought the DF game(even if never subbed in the last years?)

3) Do we have to create NEW ACCOUNTS and carefully LINK them to our old in order to get the 14,95 price?

Thnx for anyone who will reassure me !!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    im laugh my ass off when this game fails a 2nd time around, if not you all can burn me at the pit.

The first one didn't fail, why would this?

In fact, the first one is one of the more successful MMOs of recent years.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Got mine! Spanky McFarland LIVES!

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• FoglersFoglers Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by pupurun

So to make things straight enough:  

1) older players get the game client and the first 30 days for 14,95 euros?

2)By saying  "older player" does this include anyone who ever bought the DF game(even if never subbed in the last years?)

3) Do we have to create NEW ACCOUNTS and carefully LINK them to our old in order to get the 14,95 price?

Thnx for anyone who will reassure me !!

All you have to do is go to the DFUH page, go to services,  acounts,  then register, and after you register go to the subscription tab and you can link your old account

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Purchased and name reserved!  I'm new to Darkfall, and I am looking forward to seeing if the combat, politics and community is as interesting as I've been learning it was in DFO.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by PrinceDamien
    I'll pass for now. 

By looking at youre comment, and name, I guess youre a.... a.... hmmm.... a darkfall fanboy?

edit: no need to hate people with different oppinions. if everyone was single minded, there would be no evolution and we would still be living in caves.

Actually there is a reason to hate people that promote shitty games. How do you think we got into this themepark mess? What happened in the last 10 years is some retarded generation came along and decided it was ok to dull games down to the point of mania. 

I am trying to invite people over to the other (hardcore) side of the old UO days for the sake of all MMOs. No more should we endure boring hand-holding games appealing to the masses. We need CHANGE. 

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is that change...for now.

Let me give you an example where different opinions collide. 

Player A says WoW is better than Darkfall Unholy Wars or even DF 1.0 

Player A is an idiot and this statement will NEVER be correct. People that enjoy games like WoW over innovative games like  The Repopulation and Darkfall simply pollute this earth and should be dealt with accordingly. Anything that limits freedom and creativity should be destroyed.

• FearTHeFroFearTHeFro Member UncommonPosts: 76

I'm excited to try this game out, been looking for a game thats not your typical theme-park style mmo. I don't really mind spending the 30 dollars to try it, because in my opinion all the mmos coming out in the near future have no potential to be anything but a typical theme-park quest style mmo which get boring to me very fast. I wanted to try darkfall 1.0 but the whole billing website was completely screwed up last time and it was almost impossible to get an account at first, but this time everything went much much smoother.

I'm also glad they will be beta-testing the game, it gives time for newer players to learn the basics of the game before being thrown in without knowing anything. 

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547

I played DFO for a while after release and even though I did not stay (which in a way I kind of regret, I just got annoyed about the whole stat thing when it is supposed to be a sandbox where everyone is on a level playing field, the mechanics meant this was not strictly true) it is actually a game that will hold in my memory forever.

It had a good "feel" to it, you can play it hardmode and potentially reap the rewards for your effort all with an underlying sense of caution as you could be killed and have your gear looted at any point. Ofcourse this is partially the whole point in the concept of the game much like some other sandbox games we could mention. Mmorpg's rarely capture that for me because of going through about a billion of them since I was a kid. Much like eve online, I believe Aventurine have a good game in the making, they just need the support of the players to turn the game into something great.

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • XandrosXandros Member Posts: 27
    Pre-Ordered today, cant wait for beta to start! :) Im just hoping they will match their ETA this time...
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Xandros
    Pre-Ordered today, cant wait for beta to start! :) Im just hoping they will match their ETA this time...

i think for sure it will be up monday.  but it is beta so im not assuming that it will be playable.

• XandrosXandros Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by Xandros

i think for sure it will be up monday.  but it is beta so im not assuming that it will be playable.

Well, they matched their ETA for Pre-Orders, so who knows, maybe you are right and theyll match Monday, too :)

I dont mind if servers arent stable on monday, but If beta server(s) arent playable for longer time they wont receive the feedback they need. So i really hope they take care of some server capacities.

Originally posted by PrinceDamien
    I'll pass for now. 

Actually there is a reason to hate people that promote shitty games. How do you think we got into this themepark mess? What happened in the last 10 years is some retarded generation came along and decided it was ok to dull games down to the point of mania. 

I am trying to invite people over to the other (hardcore) side of the old UO days for the sake of all MMOs. No more should we endure boring hand-holding games appealing to the masses. We need CHANGE. 

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is that change...for now.

Let me give you an example where different opinions collide. 

Player A says WoW is better than Darkfall Unholy Wars or even DF 1.0 

Player A is an idiot and this statement will NEVER be correct. People that enjoy games like WoW over innovative games like  The Repopulation and Darkfall simply pollute this earth and should be dealt with accordingly. Anything that limits freedom and creativity should be destroyed.

So what you are saying is that you want to limit other peoples choice of freedom so it will be more to youre liking?

If so, I wonder why youre still here. As it seems to me that you are a part of that problem.

Or is this some kind of a "holy crusade" when commiting all kinds of sins are O.K, because you are doing it for "the greater good"?

Bah... Getting bored now.

GL and HF and cya all in DFUW

• AiiiMzAiiiMz Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Bought the game as fast as possible expecting issues like the original launch but it was really smooth and I got my copy + Name Reserved so I am all set.
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Long ago, there was a time where game development companies hired people to test their game, and paid them for this service.

Today, players pay game companies to test their game.

It's like... I really enjoy my iPhone, but you wouldn't see me paying Apple money so I can mop their floors.

Also, I thought original Darkfall players got the game for free?  Like if I go to Best Buy and pay for WoW, it comes with 30 days free.  If I didn't have to pay the box, say it was a giveaway contest I won, I'd still get 30 days free.  With Darkfall, original players have been kinda screwed out of the free game thing by calling it "paying for the subscription fee".  It's pretty shady, but not out of character for AV.

I would pre order the game, but I mean what guarantee do I have that this time my character will be able to be played without being wiped for the next expansion/iteration/bugfix content/NGE type Darkfall to come out?

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

Got mine, didn't save the serial number tho lol

Fear not - it really doesn't serve much purpose. You can still play and all that. Here is a post on it on the official forums:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337161

Pretty dumb that they don't email it to you like every other company in the world, but at least it's not needed.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Zyzra: It's just paying for the first month, which we would have had to do anyway.. you expect them to let us play their game for free?

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi