Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a set date for beta yet?

I've been looking at UW and thinking of pre-ordering as i've got a lot of free time coming up. However it seems as if there isn't even a set beta start date for pre-orders yet, unless I missed it?

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    It opens when it opens, but I think they stated that it will hopefully open up on the 17th.
  • cunrocunro Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by thinktank001
    It opens when it opens, but I think they stated that it will hopefully open up on the 17th.

exactly, don't have too high expectations of AV then you cannot be disappointed :)

• fredfourfredfour Member Posts: 8

Client available Saturday Dec 15 

Beta opens Monday Dec 17   

• XandrosXandros Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by fredfour

Client available Saturday Dec 15 

Beta opens Monday Dec 17   

at least thats whats their ETA. Since its AV this doesnt mean much ;)

• liinkiliinki Member Posts: 7
    I'm guessing late monday evening (greece time)
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

For those of you who purchased this game like I did, despite all the AV bullshit, I wouldn't even bother trying to speculate on beta or launch dates, nor would I take to heart anything AV says on the matter.  They need to earn respect again before I will believe anything they say.  That respect will be earned by them delivering on their word, and learning how to communicate properly with their community.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

For those of you who purchased this game like I did, despite all the AV bullshit, I wouldn't even bother trying to speculate on beta or launch dates, nor would I take to heart anything AV says on the matter.  They need to earn respect again before I will believe anything they say.  That respect will be earned by them delivering on their word, and learning how to communicate properly with their community.

well, for once they matched their eta for offering pre-orders. This makes me feel some better :)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Xandros

well, for once they matched their eta for offering pre-orders. This makes me feel some better :)

I agree.  This is a small step in the right direction. If they can deliver the client and a beta server this weekend, I'll be slightly impressed.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

I agree.  This is a small step in the right direction. If they can deliver the client and a beta server this weekend, I'll be slightly impressed.

the whole release thing was alot of last minute issues. 1 pre orders werent readya s you can tell the current pre order isnt perfect it doesnt except all forms of paymeant among other things

• lordgraewulflordgraewulf Member Posts: 4
    beta signups are happening now and are a preorder for the game when it launches. Beta starts Monday!
    Originally posted by Raxeon

the whole release thing was alot of last minute issues. 1 pre orders werent readya s you can tell the current pre order isnt perfect it doesnt except all forms of paymeant among other things

I'm sure there are lots of last minute issues etc. when a company releases a game. And i do know AV isnt one of the big companies, however, their communication was always the real problem, not the issues. Who knows, maybe they will learn from the past and do it better now.

• QuittoQuitto Member Posts: 10
    nothing is Set when we are speaking of Tasos :P

It's good to be bad.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

I thought their eta was a Monday and they didn't mention anything about that until like a minute before Wednesday?

Or did you mean their REVISED eta as the one that they hit?