Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignorance

2»

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Tasos and his buddies stay up late trying to figure out how much crap they can shovel at the fans and still get them to support their efforts. They must have gotten a good laugh with this latest scheme. Must say though it is a novel new way to get players to pay them to test it. +1

This is the only game that has existed in a playable state of its kind.

For those of us who appreciate a game where there risk, a certain thrill from doing normally mundane tasks, theres this, a few failed and unplayable games most of which died (MO still in alpha in terms of quality)....

For sticking with this game through less than blockbuster population numbers, AV earns my respect.  Are they god aweful conveying issues, information, and keeping deadlines....hell yeah.  But they are the most competant people doing this type of thing.

Many wont play it for its look, for its pvp ruleset and the stigma attached to it ( i think most assume its you losing your purple wow raid set that took you 100 hours to get based on guild distributed loot rolls)...many more will try the game and hate it for its open ended, sandbox mechanics.  "all there is to do is grind"  ahh love that complaint...a complaint for a person who lost their imagination playing themeparks.

For those of us who like this all...this is it.  The only place to be.  

Hell id consider a lot more themeparks if they even just added clan seiges and territory warfare with no factional population divide.....all the endgame and metagame you need .

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

They should ahve just stated 3-4 months to make sure its perfect for our players, instead of pushing it back many times. This way when its done, they could have released it early and looked like hero's.

Or not, another push back or 2 may realy help get more subs ........image

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Here is a very good post my friend Adûn made on the subject on the DF forums: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=336390 I totally agree with him.

So not having a beta is somehow better for keeping exploits under control ?

Ultra competitive players will not report an exploit, but in "open" beta there will be plenty of people that will. 

Let's get real - early game will be unbalanced, and some players will get advantage early on due to looking for exploits 24/7. Game mechanics may be fixed later, but long term effects of exploits could spoil economy / power balance for months, if not years.

The real problem for hardcore players is that after long, open beta the "secret knowledge" will be worth a lot less. 

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by stux
    Originally posted by RDBeast
    People should not be so quick to judge, moan and presume.

This has been years in the making.

For the people that played the game for years with no real updates and paid for it well we have been patient enough.

If you are new to AV and Darkfall well you better have a crap ton of patience and be used to reading one thing and another happen. 

It was a great game that needed a lot more attention form AV.  They stopped updating the game a long time ago with promises of some big patch that eventually turned into this whole new game.  I am exited and worried at the same time.  But I am sick of excuses packaged in wording making it sound like it is in my best interest.

I have alot of patience when it comes to mmorpg's because it is not a simple process and it is a work in progress. I have played more mmorpg's than most, it is my favourite genre and have been a gamer since I was very very young. The ammount of time I have put into mmorpg's probably borders on the rediculous.

Most people on these forum's seem so damn bitter about mmorpg's. It is like half of them like the genre but have just had bad experience with them and the companies... I think most of the bitterness is ignorance. Most seem to believe that they could do it better and they judge without relevant information. There are many companies out there who have given bad judgment and flopped a release and the reason is because it is not a simple process. Look at sony with planetside 2 the eu lot could not even log in when it was released. Look at eve online, that game is totally different to what it was back in the day, it takes alot of time, effort and patience to get to a stable stage.

If someone is going to decide they do not want to play a game that they think they will enjoy because a company is trying to secure a stable release well then it is their loss. I plan to play the game and hopefully enjoy it. At whatever rate, there will be progress with the game and the more support they get the better the progress will be. Why do people take a delay as if it is a personal insult or something. I do not deny that it is possible they could of handled things better but I also can not actually assume that they could of done things better because I do not have all the relevant information, I do not work for the company. It is quite possible that something came up that they did not expect that needed to be addressed before a release. Given the dev post it actually seems this may be true.

Instead of being negative about it and whining, people should try to be positive. I am not acting on blind faith here, I am giving leeway to a company to set things right and hopefully they will. If they do not then that is a real shame because the concept and style of the game is very good in my opinion. Here is to hoping Aventurine sort it out and make a good, fun game to play.

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24
    I was dissapointed with the delay, but it is for the best.  A better launch is good for a healthy community.
  • BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529
    Originally posted by Azdul
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Here is a very good post my friend Adûn made on the subject on the DF forums: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=336390 I totally agree with him.

So not having a beta is somehow better for keeping exploits under control ?

Ultra competitive players will not report an exploit, but in "open" beta there will be plenty of people that will. 

Let's get real - early game will be unbalanced, and some players will get advantage early on due to looking for exploits 24/7. Game mechanics may be fixed later, but long term effects of exploits could spoil economy / power balance for months, if not years.

The real problem for hardcore players is that after long, open beta the "secret knowledge" will be worth a lot less. 

Well said

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Burning25
    I was dissapointed with the delay, but it is for the best.  A better launch is good for a healthy community.

It was predictable, what is also predictable is it probably won't be the only push-back.

However, im afraid online communities don't often benefit from delays, all that happens is the expectations go up and if/when at release it's a buggy bag of cats everyone cries foul and wonders what state it was in before the push-back.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)