Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will there be a character wipe after beta?

or will you get to keep your character?

i don't know why people would want to play and level up their skills only to have to start all over and replay the whole game upto that point

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I can't speak for DF specifically, but every beta I've ever been in, the characters get wiped.

I self identify as a monkey.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    TBH if this game even takes off after a start like this and the tons of people that paid for a 2-3 year beta called Darkfall. Im not sure this game will ever make a solid date or launch

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by shadowmonke or will you get to keep your character?   i don't know why people would want to play and level up their skills only to have to start all over and replay the whole game upto that point

Of course there will be a wipe. Beta is for testing and giving feedback, not playing.

Also, darkfall is a unique mmorpg. Its not your typical themepark mmo where you need to go through a predefined path in order to reach max level

• QuittoQuitto Member Posts: 10
    Yes.

It's good to be bad.

• shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48

wow pay for a beta that wipes your character

that's insane

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    I can't speak for DF specifically, but every beta I've ever been in, the characters get wiped.

I've been in many betas and almost all of them wipe before launch. In the case of Darkfall, I think it would be suicide if AV decided not to do a wipe. Imagine how many people would pass on the game if there were a ton characters that were way ahead in terms of progression and not to mention something pretty important; knowledge of the game.

A wipe is inevitable.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Buying the game gives you game time AFTER the beta ends in addition to beta access.
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

I've been in many betas and almost all of them wipe before launch. In the case of Darkfall, I think it would be suicide if AV decided not to do a wipe. Imagine how many people would pass on the game if there were a ton characters that were way ahead in terms of progression and not to mention something pretty important; knowledge of the game.

A wipe is inevitable.

While I believe a wipe is inevtiable (seeing as how he mentioned a headstart seperately from the beta), that logic doesn't really work. Why would anybody play an MMO after it's been out for a month+?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by shadowmonke

wow pay for a beta that wipes your character

that's insane

You aren't paying for a beta. You are pre-ordering the game which happens to also give you beta access. Sub time will not tick down until after the game officially launches. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48

hmmmmmm

maybe it would be worth it then

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Yes, not based on speculation but based on the fact that this isn't the release version of Darkfall. 
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Do Darkfall 1 owners need to pay to get the game?

That is, is their 15 dollars just getting them into the beta, or does it count as them buying the game again?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Zyzra

That is, is their 15 dollars just getting them into the beta, or does it count as them buying the game again?

Everyone is rebuying the game. Owners of DFO get it for 15, new people get it for 30 at pre-order. After pre-order the price may go up to $50 for new players. No mention has been made of DFO account holders who do not pre-order.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher

Everyone is rebuying the game. Owners of DFO get it for 15, new people get it for 30 at pre-order. After pre-order the price may go up to $50 for new players. No mention has been made of DFO account holders who do not pre-order.

huh.  What happened to all that talk of Darkfall 1 subscribers getting the new version for free?

Was that an urban legend?

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

its a pre order with beta excess ><

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

huh.  What happened to all that talk of Darkfall 1 subscribers getting the new version for free?

we are gettign dfuw for free we are just paying the sub price thats it

Originally posted by Raxeon

Ah, free so long as you pay, gotcha.

I thought DF1 users would get the game for no cost. The game would come with a standard 30 days included, as they usually do in MMO land, followed by  normal subscriptions.

Do new players get a free 30 days with their 30 dollar purchase?

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86

I thought DF1 users would get the game for no cost. The game would come with a standard 30 days included, as they usually do in MMO land, followed by  normal subscriptions.

Yes. Also not that I am not sure the game will be going to 50 dollars, I think it will be 39.99 because it says 25% off which would be 10 dollars. If it were 50 the game would be $37.5 which is a 25% discount from 50 dollars.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

mhm

• myrmxmyrmx Member Posts: 93
    i bought it and it says my next recuring payment is march 2nd ...if it launch in january it will mean i paid 15$ for the 30 days and 0$ for dfuw. It is free except you need to be able to login with an active subs. pretty standard stuff ... New player pay 15$ for the game and 15$ for the first month.
  • Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24

Yes there will be a wipe, this game has land conquest, no wipe would be stupid. As much as Aventurine has their issues, they wouldn't be that dumb.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

From what i was reading. Players in this beta round don't have there characters wiped. that is what massively said at least. they said if u bought game u get beta acess and unlimited access but they are gonna allow others to have limited time access to beta across the next week or so. 

characters will not be wiped from what i read and understand. 

• XandrosXandros Member Posts: 27
    Im pretty sure there will be a wipe after beta ends.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

1)  why do you think you were getting it for free?

2)  Who told you that it would be for free?

3)  IF IT WAS OFFICIAL, show us a link.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"