Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$15 on Amazon right now

Hey all, I just wanted to let everyone know that the digital edition of the game is on sale for $15 right now on Amazon (normal price is $30). I just happened to notice it and picked it up myself, thought I should pass it on. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41018ecret-World1-Download/dp/B007VTVKG6/

Consume. Be silent. Die.

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Great find. I shared it with a buddy of mine.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Sweet!  will pass this on.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Awesome!!! was waiting for a deal under 20 bucks. Just got it! image

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Thanks !!!!!!!
  • dnzbrdnzbr Member UncommonPosts: 6

Thank you! also got $5 credit 

edit:

they didn't aprove the transaction.. 

• iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    ?Thanks a lot! Does anyone know if this is US only or not
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Use an factise US billing what i did, i live in france :p

The key worked on my French account :)

i tried using an us address with and withou proxy, creating new accounts and 3 different cards. no luck :(

one account i got flagged asking to send fax with my card statement.

the other acc i had, i added an us billing addres and tried to buy, when my order was processing it sent me back to login page and now i can't login back (even after i changed the password)

• iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Awesome, thanks man. :D 
    Cant find a better deal than that, and I really wanted to try this game.  
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    If you have any trouble registering these Amazon keys be sure to contact Funcom support, preferably in live chat. I just did and it's apparently a common issue they're having at the moment.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i wonder if there will be a better deal on steam soon though....
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    This is excellent and a great deal.  It's funny because in another thread a bunch of people claimed that no one buys games from Amazon.  I bought it a couple days ago from Funcom becasue $30 is still a good deal in my opinion.

Yeah I just read and thought the same and gotta say what a huge load of bovine fecal matter (BS). I know of two friends who bought copies of TSW against my warnings from amazon due to the price and B2P conversion. I know I buy games from there often due to the deals. Won't claim I buy every game through amazon but I definately buy some.  Maybe my buddies stumbled upon this deal and that's why they decided to give TSW a go, I didn't ask only cautioned against the game due to their playstyles. Either way, $15 seems like a steal since I know they can get their value returned at least. I bought way back when at full price and boy  was I mistaken.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by FlawSGI
    This is excellent and a great deal.  It's funny because in another thread a bunch of people claimed that no one buys games from Amazon.  I bought it a couple days ago from Funcom becasue $30 is still a good deal in my opinion.

Yeah I just read and thought the same and gotta say what a huge load of bovine fecal matter (BS). I know of two friends who bought copies of TSW against my warnings from amazon due to the price and B2P conversion. I know I buy games from there often due to the deals. Won't claim I buy every game through amazon but I definately buy some.  Maybe my buddies stumbled upon this deal and that's why they decided to give TSW a go, I didn't ask only cautioned against the game due to their playstyles. Either way, $15 seems like a steal since I know they can get their value returned at least. I bought way back when at full price and boy  was I mistaken.

That's like calling yourself an idiot for not waiting to go out to dinner when the restaurant was having a 50% sale on steak dinners the next day (even though you didn't know about it.)  Stores have sales, but if you don't want to wait to catch them (or constantly be on the lookout), you pay the full price.  I'm not at all upset because I lost out on a measly $15 -- been spending my time enjoying the game. 

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by atticusbc
    i wonder if there will be a better deal on steam soon though....

I'm waiting for that... Since the christmas sale is juust around the corner :)

can't wait to see what they have prepd for us :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by korent1991

Originally posted by atticusbc i wonder if there will be a better deal on steam soon though....
    I'm waiting for that... Since the christmas sale is juust around the corner :) can't wait to see what they have prepd for us :D
    Steam sales are nice and all, but given that I live in Europe paying the same amount in dollars is ALWAYS a cheaper option for me when you compare the two currencies at the moment. No Gabe, I don't enjoy paying extra ~20% just because I don't live in America.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Yes, I highly doubt a Steam sale will go below 10 euros. That usually happens only to games that were never than expensive, like indie titles, and to games than are very old, like Mirror's Edge, Just Cause 2 and Mass Effect 1&2. Anyway, it definitely won't be more than 5 euros cheaper and that's what 100g of tea cost where I live.
    Best I've seen on Steam is $22.50

well my account is on hold, can't even login.

any ideas?

i'm thinking about buying a $15 gift card, create a new account with US address and buy the game using the gift card only. but i think they will ask for a credit card and its US billing address anyway...

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

That's like calling yourself an idiot for not waiting to go out to dinner when the restaurant was having a 50% sale on steak dinners the next day (even though you didn't know about it.)  Stores have sales, but if you don't want to wait to catch them (or constantly be on the lookout), you pay the full price.  I'm not at all upset because I lost out on a measly $15 -- been spending my time enjoying the game. 

Not really. I remember reading that TSW was doing a lot of things differently and even though it was Funcom, I was willing to give it a shot. As I stated in my origional response, knowing their playstyles, it was not a good deal at $30 because they would get sick of it like I did before their initial month. I have zero problems with cash so I don't concern myslef with waiting for deals when I want to support a game company so that wasn't my message, just an addition.

Your metaphore is not a very good one BTW because my message would have been more like me saying that we all love steak and there is a resteraunt that is offerning the dinner at 50% off, but the steaks gave me food poisoning the last time I ate them so I'd advise stayting away from the establishment.

And I also stated that I wasn't aware of the $15 amazon special so if that was the case then yeah they could get their monies worth and it was a steal. Knowing my bros the way I do though, $30 for something they will not play for more thana couple weeks is not going to make them happy especially since they are trying to talk others into it who have tried and passed. So no, you were mistaken by your interpretation of my message. Some people resort to knee jerk reactions without reading I don't know.......  Good for you though for enjoying the game, point was I know they won't.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Great deal, thanks for sharing. I just got it:). I was waiting for F2P to try it, 15 bucks is definitely worth it though.

I love storybased MMOs so I am going to play it as my second MMO.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• localhero95localhero95 Member Posts: 16
    nah thanks, trying to cut my loses on this years mmo's rofl, darkfall is my last dip in the market
  • jbs4lifejbs4life Member Posts: 12
    Just bought it!  This was awesome, I was already thinking about buying it for ~$20 from Green Man Gaming with the promotional code - $15 is a great deal.  Plus I had a $5 credit, so it came out to be $9.99 for TSW.. awesome.
  • PlutonasPlutonas Member Posts: 32
    If someone will purchase from Europe the game will be ok after to play? Also Paypal is supported for the purchase?
    Originally posted by Plutonas
    If someone will purchase from Europe the game will be ok after to play? Also Paypal is supported for the purchase?

I think it's U.S. only unfortunately, although you might be able to try with an altnernate payment method.  Not sure how that works on Amazon.