Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an mmo like Sword Art Online

ZertraxZertrax Member UncommonPosts: 8
Hey guys! I've looking for an MMORPG like in the anime Sword Art Online. It could be like two of the games presented in the series. I've  wondered if there's an actual copy or a similar game to the anime, because the features look nice even though some of them seem a bit grindy. 

Comments

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    all those F2P korean MMOS are the represent of SAO.. and no there is no real SAO MMO... there is the PSP version though coming out soon

So What Now?

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

The kids are saying Wizardry Online is like sword art online. But I think they just want something like it. I haven't seen anyone else say any other games are like it. www.wizardrythegame.com

By the way, what's the name of the anime character in your avatar?

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97

Ahh Sword Art. Just watching the first few episodes is enough to make you remember why you love these games. Alas, we're still waiting for VR.

Addendum: Ragnorok 2 looks like good simple fun plus its Free2Play, if you haven't played many MMO's. If you have maybe Tera or Guild Wars 2? They are both fairly solo friendly like the main character of the show.

• ZertraxZertrax Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Thank you very much. I've played Tera and looking to get gw2 in some time. I was just wondering if there are any like SAO, but hell we'll wait. I did play Wizardyoonline as well, and i was pretty dissapointed. The controls were prettty clunky, the visuals were not something amazing so yeah... The Character on my avatar btw is a photoshopped version of Nibutani Shinka from 

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

• voigtvoigt Member Posts: 23
    Wizardry Online, lol don't even bother, its beyond disappointing.  Feels like a game from 2000 with really bad cut and paste graphics and a horrible user interface.  I played it for about 30min before uninstalling.  I posted my thoughts on an SAO like game in this thread.
  • ZertraxZertrax Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Thanks mate! 

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Well, even though it's very far from anime and it's more about pvp than pve (sadly...), I'd say that sandbox features + no instancing put Darkfall quite high on the SAO-wannabe list :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius