Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally .. no more sub games for me

Comments

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

After reading this thread, I finally understand the Mitt Romney 47% comment. There are people that will sponge off of the paying public (whales) to get what they want for free just because they can. The whale term is very relevant to this situation. The freeloaders are gambling on whales footing their bill so they can play for free. So far, it has worked.

While I don't agree with taking advantage of the F2P model, I can't blame people for doing it. The devs created the business model and people are using it. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

And the picture starts to become clear. Could you be yet another console gamer that crept over into the MMO world? I believe so.

You make it sound like it is a bad thing. The MMO market, or devs, prob welcome any other gaming segment.

Secondly, you probably mean SP and online game players. Lots of people do that on PCs, not consoles. And MMOs are obviously only a slice of gaming.

I highly doubt everyone will be just playing MMOs. Personally i don't. Why should i? If there is a good SP game, and i have fun with it, it is silly not to play.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Originally posted by Aviggin

Yeah, because F2P games don't have people with elitist mindsets.... right.

FYI, people are the same in every game. The difference is that, with a sub, you actually are entitled to 99.9% of the content in the game, and your gameplay is not continuously disturbed by advertisements and restrictions trying to get you to buy things from a cash shop.

That in itself is worth the sub fee, in my opinion. F2P games in general just feel inferior in nearly every way and quickly become annoying, at least to me.

So, when you pay the fee of 15 dollars that .1% is the 20-30 items in the cash shops these subscription based games are implimenting? Are you no entitled to the the celestial mounts that they add? Or the special pets that they're selling? Are those not entitled for the loyal customers that have been with them for so many years?

I don't play games where my gameplay is being continuously bombarded by advertisements, to tell you the truth, I don't know any in a very long time that have done that. I suppose there's a hidden section of MMO's that you're playing that I haven't noticed. Because I'm played 2-3 right now and I have yet to receive these "advertisements".

Lol btw, if anyone noticed :3 Have a merry Christmas, and happy holidays!

Post the games you are playing please.

Salem Online, Ragnarok Online, Flyff, GW2, Aion, Knightage Online, Anarchy Online. I can't believe I'm doing this. I've got a better idea.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Take your pick, I've played almost all of them and I can say for the vast majority of the games that I play, I do not get bombarded by advertisements.

And the picture starts to become clear. Could you be yet another console gamer that crept over into the MMO world? I believe so.

Wait, what? lol, I don't have a video game console. I've lived around computers my entire life and have always believed the best gaming machine will always be the computer.  My next question is, how do you say I'm a console gamer that has crossed over into the mmo community?

It's not even relevant.  It's just someone trying to vaguely reference the "not a true MMO gamer" mentality.

Fact is that many MMO's today pulled several console game mechanics to try and get that crowd.  So if a previously console gamer comes in and now plays MMO's, they are also an MMO gamer.  But many people like to self-aggrandize themselves into believing that "true mmo gamers" will only play MMO's.  Stupidity at it's finest, or lowest actually.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

FYI, people are the same in every game. The difference is that, with a sub, you actually are entitled to 99.9% of the content in the game, and your gameplay is not continuously disturbed by advertisements and restrictions trying to get you to buy things from a cash shop.

That in itself is worth the sub fee, in my opinion. F2P games in general just feel inferior in nearly every way and quickly become annoying, at least to me.

So, when you pay the fee of 15 dollars that .1% is the 20-30 items in the cash shops these subscription based games are implimenting? Are you no entitled to the the celestial mounts that they add? Or the special pets that they're selling? Are those not entitled for the loyal customers that have been with them for so many years?

I don't play games where my gameplay is being continuously bombarded by advertisements, to tell you the truth, I don't know any in a very long time that have done that. I suppose there's a hidden section of MMO's that you're playing that I haven't noticed. Because I'm played 2-3 right now and I have yet to receive these "advertisements".

Salem Online, Ragnarok Online, Flyff, GW2, Aion, Knightage Online, Anarchy Online. I can't believe I'm doing this. I've got a better idea.

Take your pick, I've played almost all of them and I can say for the vast majority of the games that I play, I do not get bombarded by advertisements.

Wait, what? lol, I don't have a video game console. I've lived around computers my entire life and have always believed the best gaming machine will always be the computer.  My next question is, how do you say I'm a console gamer that has crossed over into the mmo community?

Its your MO. The things you say. Wanting free games. playing a vast array of them in a short amount of time. The same things a cop would use to find out of someone was guilty of a crime. key words. 

And you fit that profile along with your pal Nari. At least Nari admits it. You can lie all you want. But from your posts i can deduce you you are of the console crowd.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Its your MO. The things you say. Wanting free games. playing a vast array of them in a short amount of time. The same things a cop would use to find out of someone was guilty of a crime. key words. 

And you fit that profile along with your pal Nari. At least Nari admits it. You can lie all you want. But from your posts i can deduce you you are of the console crowd.

First off you need to establish that there is a console crowd mindset, you haven't and I with hugely different populations that play consoles and the hugely different games available on consoles I doubt there is a standard or even a stereotyped mindset.

Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

It's not even relevant.  It's just someone trying to vaguely reference the "not a true MMO gamer" mentality.

Fact is that many MMO's today pulled several console game mechanics to try and get that crowd.  So if a previously console gamer comes in and now plays MMO's, they are also an MMO gamer.  But many people like to self-aggrandize themselves into believing that "true mmo gamers" will only play MMO's.  Stupidity at it's finest, or lowest actually.

First off you need to establish that there is a console crowd mindset, you haven't and I with hugely different populations that play consoles and the hugely different games available on consoles I doubt there is a standard or even a stereotyped mindset.

You are correct i havent. The state of the genre speaks volumes and has for years.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Yes it has.  More games, more players, more choice, more choice in how I play each game than most old games. 

edit - so you admit you haven't established that there is a console mentality and yet you accuse someone of being a console gamer based on their statements, despite that those same statements state they don't have a console.  Yep makes sense to me. 

Don't get me wrong, I've played UO, Tibia, Asheron's Call, EQ, DAoC, and WoW. I've paid my fair share for subscription based games. I'm not lying and have never since this conversation has started. So, believe this. Take your CSI mentality and shove it lol. I've stated everything you wanted to hear and you don't like the fact that I'm able to answer these questions.

So, here's my question. Could you name games that are spamming advertisements continuously that are effecting your game play?

So once again, stop watching CSI: Miami, CSI: New York or what other detective TV show you're watching because you don't know anything you're talking about.

Just fyi i wasnt the one that brought that up. Dont need to watch crime shows to know why someone is lying. Dont want to fess up? fine. makes no nevermind to me in the least. But your a console gamers through and through.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Yes it has.  More games, more players, more choice, more choice in how I play each game than most old games. 

Actualy you are getting less choice compared to older mmorpg's.

You dont have features, player interaction, and so much more that older games provided. Thus you cant have more options and choices.

He's an MMO gamer.

You dont have features, player interaction, and so much more that older games provided. Thus you cant have more options and choices.

Nope I'm getting more choices.  Most of the older games were far more restrictive than today's games.  Today's games offer me more ways to play the game, including levelling than most old games.

Most today's games have more features than most old games.  Most todays' games have just as much opportunity for player interaction as old games. Thus we have more options and choices. 

UO and SWG were the exception, not the norm.

Nope I'm getting more choices.  Most of the older games were far more restrictive than today's games.  Today's games offer me more ways to play the game, including levelling than most old games.

Most today's games have more features than most old games.  Most todays' games have just as much opportunity for player interaction as old games. Thus we have more options and choices. 

Eq ad eq2 had plenty of choice, swg, uo, anarchy online, and the list can go on.........

Now you like games like SWTOR? Yeah that had a lot of choice.... go here, do that, come back, look up.......... love how they tell you to do everything with no thought and creativity. Yup, newer games gotta love being hand held and put on a dog leash.

Most of todays games have more features? Now i know you be trolling and have no clue. Funny because i fond the new games to lack in almost everything older games have minus quests/story. Housing, exploration, crafting, player created content, pvp, open world, making your own story not being fed what they want you to be like, hand held, "i want", easy, no brain function required, and the list can go on. Sorry but newer mmorpgs dont even offer as much as newer console rpgs lol. Newer console rpgs have more game time and features than todays mmo's.

Think you got the 2 mixed up.

You could infact say that the market is overloaded with new MMO's today. Gamers have too many choices and have a harder time choosing which games they want to play.

Not choice in picking a crappy game, choice in the actual game. Features and more. You dont get half that in the newer games, only story and quests. Only gets you so far. Then they force you to do dailies and raids for end game content......over and over and over and over and over.................. yup sounds like a lot of choice to me.

You could infact say that the market is overloaded with new MMO's today. Gamers have too many choices and have a harder time choosing which games they want to play.

Not choice in picking a crappy game, choice in the actual game. Features and more. You dont get half that in the newer games, only story and quests. Only gets you so far. Then they force you to do dailies and raids for end game content......over and over and over and over and over.................. yup sounds like a lot of choice to me.

Thats what I'm talking about.  Inside most games I have more choice in how I play, more choice in levelling, just as much player interaction as there ever was, more features than in most old games, including story and quests.  Yup sounds like a lot of choice to me. 

Eq ad eq2 had plenty of choice, swg, uo, anarchy online, and the list can go on.........

Now you like games like SWTOR? Yeah that had a lot of choice.... go here, do that, come back, look up.......... love how they tell you to do everything with no thought and creativity. Yup, newer games gotta love being hand held and put on a dog leash.

Most of todays games have more features? Now i know you be trolling and have no clue. Funny because i fond the new games to lack in almost everything older games have minus quests/story. Housing, exploration, crafting, player created content, pvp, open world, making your own story not being fed what they want you to be like, hand held, "i want", easy, no brain function required, and the list can go on. Sorry but newer mmorpgs dont even offer as much as newer console rpgs lol. Newer console rpgs have more game time and features than todays mmo's.

I think you've missread his statement. I think he means there's a largers of choices as far as MMO's go. Not the content within the games.

You dont find that disturbing?

EQ was totally restrictive, far more even than wow.  All players in a class were the same, trivial crafting.  Levelling only through pve. 

Swtor is pretty restrictive on zones, but it offers more ways to level than EQ did. 

Most old games didnt' have housing, or significnat crafting, virtually no player created content, and making your own story was basically making a background story.  That hasn't changed today.  Again UO and SWG were the exceptions no the norm.

EQ2 is only a month older than WoW and offers about the same choices as virtually every other themepark type gme today. 

Sorry but newer MMO's offer more choice in playing than most ol games.

Think you are too blind to see. 

edit - I'll clarify EQ2 to state at release and a few years after.  Today with player made books and brick and board style housing it offers quite a bit of choice, however that also puts it into the modern games too.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Your aware that TSW is now a non sub game once you have purchased it right?

Much better than the so called FTP model. More games in the future should folllow Arenanet and FC with this model.