Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see added?

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

The game right now is very young so this is the perfect time to start asking what would you like to see in the future?

For example one thing that this game lacks, as far as I know, is some sort of offline LAN mode for LAN parties. It's an MMO in part of it's design but it's also a shooter and the shooter crowd is big on LAN parties and in general it would be a nice addition somewhere down the line.

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Kuppa

The game right now is very young so this is the perfect time to start asking what would you like to see in the future?

For example one thing that this game lacks, as far as I know, is some sort of offline LAN mode for LAN parties. It's an MMO in part of it's design but it's also a shooter and the shooter crowd is big on LAN parties and in general it would be a nice addition somewhere down the line.

would be horrible in LAN mode....the game is built off massive battles not 5vs5 with your buddies. this isnt CS 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

would be horrible in LAN mode....the game is built off massive battles not 5vs5 with your buddies. this isnt CS 

It's definately a VERY different game. That doesn't mean there is no reason for them to add a small map you can play small skirmishes on. The combat in the game is very tight and having small skirmishes in a LAN party can be tons of fun. At the very least it can make some fans happy and expand their playerbase.

BTW, this is a "would like to see" not a "it is lacking".

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The thing smed talked about, the 4th sandbox continent where outfits mine resources and build their own bases

Also the sea areas joining the continents and naval battles.
    Agree its not suitable as a LAN game. It's about being a persistent world, they would have to have match mechanics, timers and smaller map to work on a lan. E.g. an entirely different game.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The thing smed talked about, the 4th sandbox continent where outfits mine resources and build their own bases

Also the sea areas joining the continents and naval battles.

OMG naval battles would be AWESOME!

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Proper Cheat Detection. When you pop out of cover for 3 seconds and you have people across the map that instantly hit you 5 times with little/no recoil and are dead before you can even see them thats horse shit. Youtube has plenty of videos of hackers/aim botters and it seems like more people cheat then actually play legitimately in the game. Why i have not logged on in over a week.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Agree its not suitable as a LAN game. It's about being a persistent world, they would have to have match mechanics, timers and smaller map to work on a lan. E.g. an entirely different game.

What would prevent them from doing that? It's actually pretty starightfoward, they already have the hard part down.

Originally posted by itbewilly
    Proper Cheat Detection. When you pop out of cover for 3 seconds and you have people across the map that instantly hit you 5 times with little/no recoil and are dead before you can even see them thats horse shit. Youtube has plenty of videos of hackers/aim botters and it seems like more people cheat then actually play legitimately in the game. Why i have no logged on in over a week.

I would say this happens with most fps games when they release and with MMOs as well. Just give them time, they will figure it out. It's not for lack of intent.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Well we all can agree the LAN idea was horrible.

However, i would love to see the open world connected via water with naval ships, perhaps sea outposts like deep water rigs and floating docks or something.

I think the sandbox continent would be nice but would be tricky to do well in a game like this.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

- Real cockpits and the ability to kill pilots

- better collision detection and fixes with vehicles so you don't get "magic" pushed off them or "damage" by standing next to them, i want to RIDE THAT TANK sitting on top :)

- PHYSICX activated

- dynamical "player created" structures. If you look close all PS2 structures look like Warpgate / orbital dropped and deployed. We should have the ability to "create" a roadwall or even full base by Players.

Imagine you drive on your tank across a plane and suddently a blue gate opens in the air and multiple 50 x 50 meter structure drop in with a whole armada of enemy faction players.

The NC/VANU/TR zerg giving you a hard time? How about orbital dropping walls with shield generators to block of the road for their tank supplies from the other base?

- Following the above idea, player factions can "reduce" and "reenforce" buildings and structures, making the Crown a real fortress :)

- Orbital Warbgate strikes, pretty much like the ion canon in the C&C franchise but slower and bigger. It has a cooldown of 4 hours, one per faction, can be initialised by everyone but actually needs voluntary commited ressources by players. (players need to "purchase" with infranty + vehicle + air ressources and vote for the target, highest votes get's to be nuked) Once enough ressources have been commited, there will be a huge flash tearing the sky up and it will take 5 minutes to fire, the whole structure, airroom including everything within will be wiped out by a 500 meter radius. (Friendly fire applies).

"you like THE CORNW TR?" "Target aquirred".

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Proper Cheat Detection. When you pop out of cover for 3 seconds and you have people across the map that instantly hit you 5 times with little/no recoil and are dead before you can even see them thats horse shit. Youtube has plenty of videos of hackers/aim botters and it seems like more people cheat then actually play legitimately in the game. Why i have no logged on in over a week.

I would say this happens with most fps games when they release and with MMOs as well. Just give them time, they will figure it out. It's not for lack of intent.

Agree :) Thats why im waiting a while to see what they do. If they address it sooner rather than later ill be happy. I just dont know. From what people on this site alone have said they never addressed hacking or not fully in Planet Side either. Im sure if they wanna make money of this game they will address the cheaters. then again how much good will that do in a free to play game anyone can download? Counter Strike has cheat detection and hackers still pop in servers and hack as much as they feel like on one of their hundred of made up accounts.

The game is still lots of fun and i will keep playing more than likely hackers or no hackers.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

It's lack of ability.

PS was the same, players cheated in that game for a long time and most were never caught or banned.

Tonight i saw two global announcements of players being watched by admins, neither of which cheat, both of which are excellent FPS players, well known and well respected, the laughter in global was a damning vindication and a clear indication SOE don't have a clue what they are doing. Tarnishing the names of good players with no good reason and completely ignoring those who are actually cheating is not a good idea.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by Kuppa The game right now is very young so this is the perfect time to start asking what would you like to see in the future?   For example one thing that this game lacks, as far as I know, is some sort of offline LAN mode for LAN parties. It's an MMO in part of it's design but it's also a shooter and the shooter crowd is big on LAN parties and in general it would be a nice addition somewhere down the line.
    It's definately a VERY different game. That doesn't mean there is no reason for them to add a small map you can play small skirmishes on. The combat in the game is very tight and having small skirmishes in a LAN party can be tons of fun. At the very least it can make some fans happy and expand their playerbase.

BTW, this is a "would like to see" not a "it is lacking".

There are blantant inbalances because it is designed for LARGE warfare, the only thing preventing them to show how broken under/OP some vehicle / weapons are is because there are 60 others around to also shoot it / repair it / protect it etc. The masses are what make them work. That's why we can kill a tank in 2 shoots in BF3 and here we need 3 to 5. (upgraded tank with armoring and facing).

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I would like to see a single player mode where I could practice things like flying or shooting different weapons against NPC's, much like tribes had when it first launched.  Nothing big, just an area to practice where you dont get attacked by players

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Plus it isn't that bad, this "75% of people are using aimbots" talk is nonsense more like 0.75%

I've seen cheats but no more than in other pvp focussed mmos. I've seen less than in warhammer with all the speed / teleport hacks, I've seen less than in many fps.

The worst for cheats was easily vanilla counterstrike though with all the rate manipulation you could do on early valve games (pretend you have a slower connection than you have)
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

On topic:

Stricter vehicle access, longer timers and dramatically reduced resource gain.

Fix base geometry, fix all the LOS abusable locations where players can sit and snipe with no chance of being killed.

Fix drop pod locations, often drop-pods will leave the player stuck in the scenery or bug out and kill them before the pod actually lands.

Return PS to the strategic combat of the original, stop the progressive zerging base blob and make back-hacking work and worthwhile.

Make bridges strategic combat areas.

Remove the friend-or-foe triangles, let players decide who to shoot at instead of letting a coloured triangle make the game easy-mode.

Reintroduce the Harasser, PS is not PS without that vehicle.

Change the 2-man tanks back to the original, 1-man being able to use the main cannon is rediculous.

Christ, just restore the entire game to the original concept...PS2 SUCKS by comparison.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Another, ability for a light to jet pack onto a low flying aircraft and shotgun the pilot right in the face.

Like in the trailer.
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353
    There's a massive list in my rear pocket that I always wanted in the original planetside.

Vehicles:

Higher flight ceiling
    • Always has been 1,000meters, maybe 1,500 or 2,000, and add extra cloud cover into the mix, for more challenge in aerial battles of course lib bombing would be limited based on the scope range of the lib.
    Vehicle Fuel cost
    • But not a drastic cost. But some sort of extra fuel points gained via controlling a certain base, that the empire can stockpile elsewhere, and that other empires could fight for. (Hey just like the oil in real life!)

Mobile Airbase (Battlefield 2142 Titans or EVE Online Titans ^.^)

• Which requires a very dedicated outfit to have members conserve resources to construct. Limited offense capability, however very defensive towards ESF's and Bombers. Can store Fuel inside for Airplanes and allow a lowered boom tower to fuel ground vehicles. Also this could be used strategically by Empire commanders that need heavy reinforcements at a certain base, if they call for extra AA or AG turrets, the responding outfit can bring their airbase. However it would be the outfit leaders tough call, as the base CAN be destroyed via direct assault with rockets and such or by boarding party (Think of the titans in BF2142, this would make galaxies extra useful again)

Game World:

Return of the Black Ops!

• A dev event held like it once was in PS1, where a group of 20 people are selected with heavily upgraded armor and strike at 3 empires.
    Rework of the Bases and Capturing
    • Basically right now, you cap a base via destroying generators. I get it, a lot of DEV's are Vanu and miss blowing gens from the original planetside, it's cool... Really.... No not really. Bases would be much more fun redesigned to have larger and deeper interior corridors. Some of the best times in Planetside were fighting for over 30-45minutes just to breach the CC or Gen Rooms to finally take over the base. I miss defending a CC hack with my life and setting up my platoon strategically to defend the entry to the CC area so we can finally cap the base. Epic fights I tell you!
    Experience

Command Experience
    • It is neat how anyone and their mother can get command skills via investing from certs, however this will open a can of worms later on when everyone has an OS just like the original Planetside. What fun is it seeing a massive BOOM from hell when everyone will have it? Also ORDERs and command chat should be used only by those who have EARNED the place of it. Getting CR5 back in the day was a major accomplishment at first (Before half the server just Leader swapped to get CXP)
    Experience Gain By Capturing Bases
    • Not sure how this ended up like it is now, but whatever happened to massive XP gains based on the enemies in the proximity of the base capture timer countdown? This will go well in hand with my suggestion of the rework of bases.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Zinzan

It's lack of ability.

PS was the same, players cheated in that game for a long time and most were never caught or banned.

Tonight i saw two global announcements of players being watched by admins, neither of which cheat, both of which are excellent FPS players, well known and well respected, the laughter in global was a damning vindication and a clear indication SOE don't have a clue what they are doing. Tarnishing the names of good players with no good reason and completely ignoring those who are actually cheating is not a good idea.

how you can know those things for certain without being present at their side watching what they are doing i have no idea, i would hope, that the admins in question were in no doubt and were absolutely certain that cheating was taking place. Cheating did however ruin PS1 to a great extent, at the time, i took it that because the game was old that they werent bothered about fixing the security on it, now, im wondering if its because they can't, either way, perhaps one way they can fix 'this' particular issue is to ban the players using them, forget warnings, just do it. If their guilty, then to be honest, it doesnt matter who they are or how respected they may, or may not be, in the game. The only real solution as i see it, is to fix the security of their code, so that such cheating cannot take place in the first place.image

Well I can agree the LAN idea was horrible.

However, i would love to see the open world connected via water with naval ships, perhaps sea outposts like deep water rigs and floating docks or something.

I think the sandbox continent would be nice but would be tricky to do well in a game like this.

Fixed that for ya image

Originally posted by skydiver12

- Real cockpits and the ability to kill pilots

- better collision detection and fixes with vehicles so you don't get "magic" pushed off them or "damage" by standing next to them, i want to RIDE THAT TANK sitting on top :)

- PHYSICX activated

- dynamical "player created" structures. If you look close all PS2 structures look like Warpgate / orbital dropped and deployed. We should have the ability to "create" a roadwall or even full base by Players.

Imagine you drive on your tank across a plane and suddently a blue gate opens in the air and multiple 50 x 50 meter structure drop in with a whole armada of enemy faction players.

The NC/VANU/TR zerg giving you a hard time? How about orbital dropping walls with shield generators to block of the road for their tank supplies from the other base?

- Following the above idea, player factions can "reduce" and "reenforce" buildings and structures, making the Crown a real fortress :)

- Orbital Warbgate strikes, pretty much like the ion canon in the C&C franchise but slower and bigger. It has a cooldown of 4 hours, one per faction, can be initialised by everyone but actually needs voluntary commited ressources by players. (players need to "purchase" with infranty + vehicle + air ressources and vote for the target, highest votes get's to be nuked) Once enough ressources have been commited, there will be a huge flash tearing the sky up and it will take 5 minutes to fire, the whole structure, airroom including everything within will be wiped out by a 500 meter radius. (Friendly fire applies).

"you like THE CORNW TR?" "Target aquirred".

It would be nice to be able to kill pilots. That seems very much lacking.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

I like PS2 a lot but I'm old/slow enough that playing it like the FPS it is, is taxing and keeps me away from it more than I'd like. So my proposal is to implement a new tier into the game for old timers and such for supporting the young heroes battling in the frontlines with a slower pace gameplay as in collecting/providing resources for the war effort (yes, even engineer/medic is too much at times). Would deepen the metagame, too.

Alternatively/in addition running/captaining huge (slower) battleships would be great. 

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

weather effects.

I would love to see heavy duststorms/snowstorms rain, fog, low clouds.I understand some people might be pissed off, but would not be fun if during a battle an heavy fog start to creep out making visibility a problem? or losing air support due an heavy storm, with burst of lightning that might impair visibility.

I don't say it should happen everytime but say.. a 20% possibility of adverse weather condition might put another layer to a battle.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I want to see a massive orbital station that we can fight for - the faction that controls it can use it for orbital strikes.   I'd like to see more weapons variations options for engineers.   The mobile AI turret is fine, but I'd like to see a mobile AA(anti-aircraft) version and a mobile anti-tank version.   AMS version of the Galaxy.    Like to see continents that are not all square in shape.   Also like to see more ground cover for infantry to hide behind.    Also, would like to see AA guns that can swivle straight up on Sunderers.   Would like to see more utility options put into the Sunderer.   

Give me a day and I could come up with many things I'd love to see add.    :)   

Oh and give us the V command to salute.  We had it in PS and I miss that in PS2.  :)

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by elvenwolf

weather effects.

I would love to see heavy duststorms/snowstorms rain, fog, low clouds.I understand some people might be pissed off, but would not be fun if during a battle an heavy fog start to creep out making visibility a problem? or losing air support due an heavy storm, with burst of lightning that might impair visibility.

I don't say it should happen everytime but say.. a 20% possibility of adverse weather condition might put another layer to a battle.

This, too!  ^^^   This would be awesome.