Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally .. no more sub games for me

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

I know you dont care and thats the problem.

Yes i will up and quit the genre all together.

Its obvious you have millions of like minded players. Its why the gernre is in such disarray.

I suppose you mean "problem for you" .. because it is certainly not a problem for me.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Takes more cash to win F2P games than sub games, but if you dont mind losing a lot, then your on the right path!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Adalwulff
    Takes more cash to win F2P games than sub games, but if you dont mind losing a lot, then your on the right path!

"win F2P games" .. how do you "win" a PvE game? Last time when i play DDO, i still finish my dungeon adventuer with all teh goodies without paying a cent. Did i "win"?

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Holy cow, I've never heard someone who had so much distaste for a video game community. Luckily I've had the exact opposite experience. Oh well, cheers to good communities in F2P games like Anarchy, Uncharted Waters, and Knightage Online are just some of the examples.

With the text I highlighted shows where a least one obsurdly negative person will be. You sir, are one of the reasons I quit the subscription games, because I quite frankly don't want to play with the obsurdly elitest mindsets that WoW has made. Enjoy your 15 dollar fee's for games that aren't worth it anymore.

One the bright side, Archeage Online could possibly be F2P. 

There are always people like that.

If they can't stand teh trend, and quit .. i doubt anyone will even notice.

Not only Archeage will be F2P. Age of Mushu, Marvel Heroes, Firefall ... are also all F2P. If they want to miss out on fun games, it is their perogative. We, on the other hand, will enjoy.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Highly doubt AA will be free to play.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Well on the bright side, ill never play a game that will have nari in it lol.  People like nari and the rest of the freeloading crowd is just one huge reason i DONT play F2P games. Those games are littered with people that just dont give a shit about the game. Their normaly the rude, ignorant, unhelpful player that i would stay away from.

Saw what you want " oh thats not me" or " im really helpfull in games" tell it to someone who cares. Iv been around the block more then once and i can tell what type of player you are. Sometimes i think those that only want to play f2p like nari are the ones that take handfulls of mints from the dish at a diner or the guy at your office that sells pirated dvds.

I will NEVER play a MMO that doesnt have a sub. I hope more people do what Nari does and never sets foot inside a sub game again. Will just keep like minded people together.

Holy cow, I've never heard someone who had so much distaste for a video game community. Luckily I've had the exact opposite experience. Oh well, cheers to good communities in F2P games like Anarchy, Uncharted Waters, and Knightage Online are just some of the examples.

With the text I highlighted shows where a least one obsurdly negative person will be. You sir, are one of the reasons I quit the subscription games, because I quite frankly don't want to play with the obsurdly elitest mindsets that WoW has made. Enjoy your 15 dollar fee's for games that aren't worth it anymore.

One the bright side, Archeage Online could possibly be F2P. 

Yeah, because F2P games don't have people with elitist mindsets.... right.

FYI, people are the same in every game. The difference is that, with a sub, you actually are entitled to 99.9% of the content in the game, and your gameplay is not continuously disturbed by advertisements and restrictions trying to get you to buy things from a cash shop.

That in itself is worth the sub fee, in my opinion. F2P games in general just feel inferior in nearly every way and quickly become annoying, at least to me.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

You guys can say what you want. But from my point of view the f2p community is some of the worst collection of people iv had the misfortune to play with.

And EVERYONE that really wants AA to be a thriving world to play in for years doesnt want it to be F2P. F2Pers want to game jump and not have to worry about .50 cent a day they dont play the mmo.

Good riddance to you and your ilk from the P2P payment model. Have fun game jumping.

I suppose some people who say, "I'll never embrace the F2P market." or "Subscription games are only for me." Are afraid of embracing change. 

Not all change is good.

You guys can say what you want. But from my point of view the f2p community is some of the worst collection of people iv had the misfortune to play with.

And EVERYONE that really wants AA to be a thriving world to play in for years doesnt want it to be F2P. F2Pers want to game jump and not have to worry about .50 cent a day they dont play the mmo.

Good riddance to you and your ilk from the P2P payment model. Have fun game jumping.

"Good riddance" is mutual. And yeah .. we are having fun (and will do so more in the future).

I suppose some people who say, "I'll never embrace the F2P market." or "Subscription games are only for me." Are afraid of embracing change. 

No, i have tried seeral f2p games. Aion, Eq2, atlantica online, PoTBS, PS2, etc.... In most cases i end up subbing to them anyways because the benifits far outweigh the free to play options. Atlanitca online has to be the worst F2P game thus far i have tried, major milk system.

I dont like the idea of spending money on a mount: In a real mmorpg i can go out in the wild and tame one, buy one with earned game currency, or win one through a quest. Average price for a mount in F2P games = 20$

I dont like the idea of buying clothing and decor: I want to make it, as crafting is part of a mmorpg. Dont like the idea someone who can spend hundreds of dollars a week over someone who cant to have more items just because of their bank role. All items should be available to everyone and the risk/reward be equal.

I dont like the idea of having to buy extra inventory slots: F2P games always sucker you in to buy more, P2P you just get those. Why should I have to spend 5-10$ for an extra 5-10 slots?

And the list can go on........

But if you and nari love your limited f2p games, i am happy for you. I like real games and not limits. I dont like the idea game companies go F2P so they can milk more out of you. If they just made better games, with all kinds of features to keep me occupied, tons of quests, a good story, crafting, housing, exploration, and cram it all into a mmorpg (like they use to), id pay more than 15/month. Because 50 cents a day is not a lot for that kind of entertainment.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

"Good riddance" is mutual. And yeah .. we are having fun (and will do so more in the future).

glad we can agree on something.

Originally posted by Aviggin

FYI, people are the same in every game. The difference is that, with a sub, you actually are entitled to 99.9% of the content in the game, and your gameplay is not continuously disturbed by advertisements and restrictions trying to get you to buy things from a cash shop.

That in itself is worth the sub fee, in my opinion. F2P games in general just feel inferior in nearly every way and quickly become annoying, at least to me.

So, when you pay the fee of 15 dollars that .1% is the 20-30 items in the cash shops these subscription based games are implimenting? Are you no entitled to the the celestial mounts that they add? Or the special pets that they're selling? Are those not entitled for the loyal customers that have been with them for so many years?

I don't play games where my gameplay is being continuously bombarded by advertisements, to tell you the truth, I don't know any in a very long time that have done that. I suppose there's a hidden section of MMO's that you're playing that I haven't noticed. Because I'm played 2-3 right now and I have yet to receive these "advertisements".

Lol btw, if anyone noticed :3 Have a merry Christmas, and happy holidays!

Post the games you are playing please.

I think this guy has never been to the end game side of WoW, where the hardcore gamers all stay. It's not all fun and games, It's elitest mindsets that turn what's suppose to be a fun and entertaining experience into a second job that I'm paying for.

What? Haveing a hard time understanding you. Are you saying that i have never been to the end game in wow or Nari has never been to the endgame in wow?

Originally posted by Onomas

So, when you pay the fee of 15 dollars that .1% is the 20-30 items in the cash shops these subscription based games are implimenting? Are you no entitled to the the celestial mounts that they add? Or the special pets that they're selling? Are those not entitled for the loyal customers that have been with them for so many years?

I don't play games where my gameplay is being continuously bombarded by advertisements, to tell you the truth, I don't know any in a very long time that have done that. I suppose there's a hidden section of MMO's that you're playing that I haven't noticed. Because I'm played 2-3 right now and I have yet to receive these "advertisements".

Salem Online, Ragnarok Online, Flyff, GW2, Aion, Knightage Online, Anarchy Online. I can't believe I'm doing this. I've got a better idea.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Take your pick, I've played almost all of them and I can say for the vast majority of the games that I play, I do not get bombarded by advertisements.

I was refering to the 2-3 you say you are playing now, not about games you have tried. Who hasnt tried almost every game in that list...jeeesh

Because you are putting b2p, f2p, and p2p all on that list lol.

Originally posted by Onomas

Salem Online, Ragnarok Online, Flyff, GW2, Aion, Knightage Online, Anarchy Online. I can't believe I'm doing this. I've got a better idea.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Take your pick, I've played almost all of them and I can say for the vast majority of the games that I play, I do not get bombarded by advertisements.

And the picture starts to become clear. Could you be yet another console gamer that crept over into the MMO world? I believe so.

I think this guy has never been to the end game side of WoW, where the hardcore gamers all stay. It's not all fun and games, It's elitest mindsets that turn what's suppose to be a fun and entertaining experience into a second job that I'm paying for.

What? Haveing a hard time understanding you. Are you saying that i have never been to the end game in wow or Nari has never been to the endgame in wow?

It's a comment towards the horrible community that is in WoW when you reach the endgame portion. I can easily say, with "10,000,000" subscribers. There are many more people in it alone that are very stuck up and negative than there are in the majority of the F2P communities.

Please. Is there a reason your useing wow as your example? 10mil people of course theres goin to be stuck up and negative people.