Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got bored with Fallout 3 but Borderlands 2 is fun

Why do I feel this way?

Could someone please give me an analysis?

And it's about both the console and PC versions by the way so I can't post in either since it concerns all platforms except portable if they exist  (not sure).

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    well, Borderlands2 is alot faster paced than Fallout 3 and Fallout is spread out more.. so maybe its just simple boredom.. try some increased spawn/difficulty mods for fallout. that may help
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    well, Borderlands2 is alot faster paced than Fallout 3 and Fallout is spread out more.. so maybe its just simple boredom.. try some increased spawn/difficulty mods for fallout. that may help

This.  Part of the problem I have with Bethesda games (only problem?) is that the default spawns make the game kind of dull.  I play action/adventure games to do more than kill things once per area for a week... I want to be challenged at all times.

Even then, I'd rather play BL2 than Fallout 3.  It's just more my style.

• ExzearExzear Member UncommonPosts: 65
    i like bl2 alot to havent played fallout in awhile but think i still like bl2 more.

Youtube.com/TheNorseGamer

• CianoCiano Member Posts: 34
    Playing Fallout 3 was your first mistake. It was an abomination that never should have seen the light of day. Have you tried Fallout: New Vegas? It was significantly better and much closer to the original two Fallouts.
  • Blackwolf156Blackwolf156 Member Posts: 1
    Fallout 3 is better than Borderlands
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Fallout 3 is more on the RPG side... having said, in my opinion of it, dialogue I found piss poor, quests too scripted (I shot the guy before he shot the sheriff, game heavily disagrees though - aka doesn't allow that outcome). character development nearly non existant, and if I have to travel across the entire wasteland again just to do a damn fedex quest which will force me to travel back across the entire wasteland, only be told that I have to travel back that away again, GRAH.

Ahem... anyways, and loot was pretty boring for the majority of the game... nothing was exciting to me until I found the Plasma Thrower... then it was a bit more fun :P

Although I found Borderlans 1 to have way too much of that retraveling thing I mentioned, Borderlands 2 much less.

Borderlands 2 doesn't bother with that, and just knows what it is. Quests are equally scripted, but it doesn't pretend to be such a sandbox RPG. Dialogue is funny, loot is way more interesting, and enemies better variety than more damn raiders.

I think I just didn't like Fallout 3... save for the Plasma Thrower. I can't express how much I loved that single weapon.

(I will note I have not played NV, and I heavily enjoyed Fallout 1 and 2 -- 1 moreso than 2)

• CianoCiano Member Posts: 34

I highly reccomend Fallout: New Vegas.

The adult humor is back in the game.

They started sticking easter eggs back in.

There are more options for completing the story line. More places to explore.

They have limited crafting which is kind of cool.

The expansion packs such as the Gun Runner's Arsenal added a bunch of unique weapons and some new weapons types and a ton of new ammo. Fatboy Nuclear Mine anyone?

It's much closer to the non-political correct humor and gore than I loved in Fallout 1 and 2. If they make another rendition like Fallout: New Vegas i will buy it. If they screw the pooch again and make a Fallout 4 based on Fallout 3, I'll never take a look at it.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    I find Borderlands to be too grindy, it's like an MMO without online progression I care about.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I had the opposite experience. Borderlands was 'OK', but not great. Fallout 3 was awesome. It's been awhile since I played it and I've recently gotten the urge to play Fallout:New Vegas. I don't know if it's better, but it's at least the same, but in a new way.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• greentree02greentree02 Member Posts: 7
    I suggest you to watch gameplays and trailers on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXnHsunWK4
  • WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

This.  Part of the problem I have with Bethesda games (only problem?) is that the default spawns make the game kind of dull.  I play action/adventure games to do more than kill things once per area for a week... I want to be challenged at all times.

Even then, I'd rather play BL2 than Fallout 3.  It's just more my style.

For FO3, I heavily recommend Marts Mutant Mod.  Does a bit fo spawn adjustments, which you can tweak further, as well as adding more stuff to encounter.  When I replay FO3, this mod is a non-negotiatble addition.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by DancingQueen

Why do I feel this way?

Could someone please give me an analysis?

And it's about both the console and PC versions by the way so I can't post in either since it concerns all platforms except portable if they exist  (not sure).

I'll try in MMORPG terms.

Fallout 3 = EQ1, Borderlands 2 = WoW

Both the same genre, yet both play completely different, where in EQ everything is at a much slower pace where in WoW everytihng is much faster.

EQ takes itself in a much more serious fantasy setting, where in WoW it's about fun immersion.

EQ lots of "downtime if only due to travel times thru empty area's, WoW constant content as in mobs roaming everywhere.

I actually felt this way when I played Borderlands 2 in MMORPG terms.

Eventually you also grow bored of borderlands I think just like I did, atleast I felt it wasn't worth to replay another character cause despite some feel of freedom borderlands2 felt actually pretty linear where Fallout 3 felt allot more open.

Still feel both to be great games as I enjoyed them both very much but both gave me a different fibe. Like San Rows the Third vs GTA4, SR3 awesome fun immersion,GTA4 the more serious openworld game (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas favo.)

• darkkblackdarkkblack Member Posts: 38

Really guys, if u are serious about gaming. And you are looking for the wow factor and entertainment. Eve online is like nothing else.  From day one you are able to get into the danger zone and compete in pvp. Tons of ways to solo pvp, u can get into a corporation at the start and scout and tackle for your fleet commander. People who start this game stick with it because it is so addictive. The adrenaline rush is like nothing from a game u have ever experienced. Military aspect of training and practice, fine tuning your piloting skills. Theorycrafting ships and match ups. Endless endless ways u can come at this game.

14 day free trial and u won't be sorry.