Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I chose Earth and Beyond. I really enjoyed that game.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

None. While some of the gone games were pretty fun there are reasons those games are all gone.

I rather see a new thinking game being made instead, and something not using a dumbed down version of D&Ds basic mechanics or FPS mechanics. Pen and paper RPGs have had many great system, I could see something based on "Shadowrun", and not just the world but the brilliant classless system without hitpoints.

I have found memories about some of those games but digging up them would just destroy those memories.

I am surprised about Turbines decision, and personally really think they should have made AC3 instead with the best from the first 2 games, modern graphics and some new fun stuff as well.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Freelancer.

That game could translate so well into an MMO or simply more epic singleplayer.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Only other game I would like to see is rubies of even tide.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    SWG, hands down pre-CU bottom line
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

well if never being "alive" counts as dead I want

Charr the Grim Fate

and

Dragon Empires

Dragon Empires was atleast in a beta state before Codemasters killed it, but that game looked cool.

Charr was just some nice vapor with a good backstory.  Hell as far as I know I am the only person to remember it hehe.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• RasputinRasputin Member UncommonPosts: 602

Ultima Online from before it got turned into the abomination it became with AoS, and which has little to do with original UO.

UO 1999 was the peak.

• ViperHoundzViperHoundz Member Posts: 46
    VANGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Rasputin

Ultima Online from before it got turned into the abomination it became with AoS, and which has little to do with original UO.

UO 1999 was the peak.

was a sad day to see UO die, and turn in to the steaming pile of EQ waste product it is today.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Well, according to Massively Turbine is bringing back AC2 - Asheron's Call 2

So at least 1 ghost returning to life. Other than that I want to see SWG - Pre CU, most of all. 

edit: Problem is many of the older games that still linger are pale shadows of what was. EQ1 today is nothing remotely like it was through 2006 or so.

• fonoifonoi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Asherons Call 2
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Dungeon Runners. That game was hilarious :-)

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

SWG above anything else. Like so many others here, I really miss that game and no other game has ever come close to it for me.

As an eternal optomist at heart, I still live in hope that one day, SWG 2 would be made but my heart sinks knowing that it shall never be.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         I went with SWG.. but most of all.. It's not so much of bringing a dead game back to life as I would love to wave my magic wand and send all the linear console gamers back to their couches and Xboxes and leave our genre alone..  As much as I wish EVE would tweak the game to not be PvP focused, or give a PvE alternative.. I really hate these wannabe MMORPG that are nothing more then single player console games in disguise, just to make a bigger buck.. :(  Anyone else feel that WoW left the door open?  LOL
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Tabula Rasa redeveloped.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

The origional SWG before it got broke..

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Oh please. You're getting the SWG vets started again. I swear we'll never stop hearing about this game until the end of time.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

If there's only one to pick, then Auto Assault. If there are a few more slots, then CoH as well, after it Tabula Rasa.

Hmm... seems there's a pattern, right, NCsoft? :)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

SWG.

SWTOR = best advertisement for SWG 2.0

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MMO_REVIEWERMMO_REVIEWER Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by Tholdornas
    None from that list; I´d like The Chronicles of Spellborn to return from the dead!

I for one...have to agree...I did enjoy that game the short time i got to enjoy it.

MMO's are the ark of the gaming world. Let it take us in new directions.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Auto Assault 

E&B 

And finally SWG...... 

Never will happen and not interested in EMU versions :(

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I felt kinda sad that with all MMO's and MMORPG's we have today the first thing that popped in my mind was SWG with only reading the topic's tittle.

But let me make it clear: I don't want the bugs of SWG, I don't want any issue we had back then, I want it back with next gen graphics, put in more story for those who need a leash, make sure that it's the complete fixed package SWG Pre-Cu incl. JTL, a reworked version of Rage of the Wookiees where it get's it's world feel back like the other planets. The 32 professions. Let rangers be able to tame creature's but I don't mind having beastmaster aswell, they both go about making/taming creature's in different way's.

SWG the game the masses told didn't feel like Star Wars is still the only game to me that actually felt Star Wars because it wasn't some pre-written story I had to follow, it was my story in the SWG Universe. No MMORPG has giving me that feeling back, even though SWG wasn't my first MMORPG experiance and I have played many after. Still none has come close to what SWG offered as in the things I desire from a MMORPG experiance.

• drazenidrazeni Member UncommonPosts: 8

i want a Next gen SWG there was a game that had so much to do and had things to achive in it that actualy got you a sence of perpos i remember when there was like 4 jedi's on the server and when one busted out his lightsaber on some bounty hunters it was like OMFGGGG no game will ever give me that feeling again. fuck achivements fuck balenceing and only having 8 classes i was to make my own class SWG had everything that mmo's are missing today Crafting that matters (exeption is eve) awsome world pvp with optional factions and space pvp A player bounty system an awsome class that could only be achived thru hard work and if you died you 're charicter was deleted, and guilds actualy matterd people actualy knew the people in there guilds and cared about more then just who had the best items. 

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    None of the above.  I'd love to see a revival of the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Gold Box Series of games with a modern update of course.

• drazenidrazeni Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Po_gg

If there's only one to pick, then Auto Assault. If there are a few more slots, then CoH as well, after it Tabula Rasa.

Hmm... seems there's a pattern, right, NCsoft? :)

these were all the worst games i ever spent money on please tell me you are trolling lol