Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really hate it when mmo's have seperate pvp gear.

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
I really dislike when mmo's have seperate pvp gear, IMO if i wanna go in with gear I earned from pve I should not be penalized for it. It really kills pvp when they seperate the gear, because it makes the pve gear pointless, since there ends up being no more use for it (like wow, where raiding is completly dead ended due to 0 uses for the raid gear) I'd prefer it if, the best pvp gear is the best pve gear, that way everyone is equil in the pvp area's. I never understood why devs cannot understand that basic principal.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I really dislike when mmo's have seperate pvp gear, IMO if i wanna go in with gear I earned from pve I should not be penalized for it. It really kills pvp when they seperate the gear, because it makes the pve gear pointless, since there ends up being no more use for it (like wow, where raiding is completly dead ended due to 0 uses for the raid gear) I'd prefer it if, the best pvp gear is the best pve gear, that way everyone is equil in the pvp area's. I never understood why devs cannot understand that basic principal.

not sure if they changed it but the best gear is pvp which is pve.  The only difference is the tiers in gear and the stat focus on each tier, so you can get a 10.04 gear set and have ti heavily focused on HP or Glance etc.  So there is no PVP, PVE seperation, you make stat choices.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

agreed. never liked separate pvp gear. i like grinding the pve content to get gear. that is why i quit gw2 within the first week. pvp offers NOTHING at all.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by stygianapoth
    snip

agreed. never liked separate pvp gear. i like grinding the pve content to get gear. that is why i quit gw2 within the first week. pvp offers NOTHING at all.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

I really dislike when mmo's have seperate pve gear, IMO if i wanna go in with gear I earned from pvp I should not be penalized for it. It really kills pvp when they seperate the gear, because it makes the pvp gear pointless, since there ends up being no more use for it (like wow, where raiding is completly dead ended due to 0 uses for the raid gear) I'd prefer it if, the best pve gear is the best pvp gear, that way everyone is equil in the pve area's. I never understood why devs cannot understand that basic principal.

Yeah....reverse logic works pretty well too. Guess it's just your point of view, personally, I get it, you like PvE, you want that to be the best gear, but no reward (in gear at least) to people who prefer to PvP. I'm going to guess you dont like the idea of just having PvP gear, and giving no gear reward to people who PvE, right?

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Assuming you didn't post in TSW forums by mistake: this game has "dungeon gear" and "PvP gear" at the highest level (QL 10.x purple) BUT the difference between the two is in how it is acquired, not its stats or usefulness in PvP.

There is:

• Venice gear which is bought with PvP tokens, and 
    • Nightwatch gear which is bought with bullion from grinding Nightmare dungeons,

and to upgrade each to the highest tier you need the same type of tokens, a 10.4 Venice talisman or weapon has no advantage in PvP over a 10.4 Nightwatch weapon of the same type with the same glyph and signet, there is no seperate "PvP stat" on the Venice gear (unlike, say, Aion).

Nightwatch 10.4 can be upgraded to 10.5 with kits form the raid, which gives a slight edge statwise though probably enough to offset the advantage that someone who's spent long enough in PvP to earn full Venice 10.4* will have in terms of PvP experience, knowledge of the meta, &c., over someoe who spent that time running dungeons instead.

(*Well, assuming the PvP rewards system is working as intended, which is a somewhat contentious point in TSW)

EDIT: clarity, I was very tired when originally posting this.

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

PVP and PVE gear in TSW are different only in name really. They are both equally good in pvp and pve. Name only come from where you obtain it. And the difference the previous poster said.

Its a good strategy to get some starting purple gear from pvp to use in pve.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    snip

lmao this made my night :) +1!

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

I think you posted this on wrong forums.

There is no seperate PVE or PVP gear. Other than names you get similar statistic on weapons, talisman etc. There are no stats like expertise or valor to seperate PVP gear from PVE.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Okay, I pretty much agree with the OP. What does this post have to do with TSW, though? :O
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by VirgoThree
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    snip

lmao this made my night :) +1!

lmao i cant stop laughing