Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14 servers still up

free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
Not sure if anyone is aware or cares but you can log in and play FF14. Nothing you do would be saved for ARR but see that as both good and bad. It's there, chugging away.

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    I'll be darned, they did come back up. But I can't make any characters though so it's pretty pointless. I have the game but they won't let me make any characters - so can't play it.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I guess SE don't want to risk losing too many of the community to other games before ARR is out, turning XIV 1.0 into a glorified chat room. Too good for it I say.

It’s kind of annoyed, like the 1.0 fans aren’t pandered to enough, (not that they appreciate it) I just hope keeping this thing alive isn’t taking too much resources from ARR’s development. I often wonder how sooner and how much better ARR could have been if they had just shut down 1.0 when Yoshida took over.

On the plus side the FFXIV forums should be getting less visitations from the cult of Tanaka about how terrible ARR is because it isn’t aimed at a bunch of out of touch masochistic FFXI fossils. The community is already divided enough, the old guard Tanaka followers remain, (despite he never showing any respect to them) to nit-pick and whine, and the backlash against them is growing. We may end up with no 1.0 players (that liked it) at all at launch, I just hope we get enough new blood.

Still, it's better than the alternative, Yoshida caving to the idiots and losing the rest of the mmo world. My hatred for XIV 1.0 is rapidly being replaced with the disgust at those that defend it. It's one thing to like aspects of it, (as I do) it's another, very selfish and ignorant thing, to hate on ARR for features it needs to have to survive, that no rational person should be surprised are now being incorporated.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Yeah they put them back up on I think Nov 21st I played a bit but not much as it is pointless. But they wont lose me if I do play another MMO it will be XI.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Logged into Masamune a few times since they came up. Most people I saw online was 12. Wouldn't be surprised they close them back down soon, considering they said if the total logins fell below a target they would.
    Originally posted by Lexin
    Yeah they put them back up on I think Nov 21st I played a bit but not much as it is pointless. But they wont lose me if I do play another MMO it will be XI.

Good to hear, I guess those who need their mmo to be a FF one are not going to be tempted by the RIfts and Gw2s of this world, still, I wonder how SE are going to handle XI if ARR works out. I assume they would rather get as many from XI to ARR as possible for when they shut XI down one day. Having said that Tanaka didn't seem interested in getting any XI players into his turkey, as he avoided as many elements of it as he could. I wonder how many and what features from XI Yoshida would have to include to tempt them to his mmo.

Originally posted by Draron
    Logged into Masamune a few times since they came up. Most people I saw online was 12. Wouldn't be surprised they close them back down soon, considering they said if the total logins fell below a target they would.

ANd THen IT shaLL bE DeAd!!! 4eVer!!!!! And the world shall know peace and happiness once more.

P.S. my condolences on Glitch, I had a good cry during my last visit of every floor of my tower.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by Lexin

Good to hear, I guess those who need their mmo to be a FF one are not going to be tempted by the RIfts and Gw2s of this world, still, I wonder how SE are going to handle XI if ARR works out. I assume they would rather get as many from XI to ARR as possible for when they shut XI down one day. Having said that Tanaka didn't seem interested in getting any XI players into his turkey, as he avoided as many elements of it as he could. I wonder how many and what features from XI Yoshida would have to include to tempt them to his mmo.

Highly doubt that since FFXI is getting a new expansion next year.