Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you still play board games?

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

So I recently acquired small world and... Idk i cant sleeep. Do you guys still pway board games~?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Yup.  I've been playing a lot of Arkham Horror recently.  It's been kicking my ass too.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Occasionally.  Dominon one of my favorites if a bit old now.

Weekly if you count Magic the Gathering.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• harrygrantharrygrant Member Posts: 4
    It's my second choice when I'm feeling a bit lazy. LOL
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I wasnt expecting people to say yes tbh o.o 

I used to have a Magic deck but I left it before I moved to America.  I still have a ton of oldie games and consoles there! But yeah! Definitely gonna look up Arkham Horror! I remember playing a game of Dominion quite some time ago when it was newly released o.o I dont have that board game though! :(

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Yup.  I've been playing a lot of Arkham Horror recently.  It's been kicking my ass too.

highly recommend Arkham Horror to everyone else in this thread. It's hard to explain, but all of the elements of an awesome game are there. The only thing is that setup is a PITA.

Another game very close to my heart is Last Night on Earth by FlyingFrog Games. Best way I could describe it is Left 4 Dead as a boardgame.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by frillycheesesteak
    Originally posted by dave6660

highly recommend Arkham Horror to everyone else in this thread. It's hard to explain, but all of the elements of an awesome game are there. The only thing is that setup is a PITA.

Yeah, it's definitely not a game you can play with only an hour to kill.  A typical game is at least 3-4 hours.  Also, I would not recommend it to anyone who has to win to have fun.  The tide of the game can turn really fast in the draw of only one card.  But when you win, you really feel like you earned it.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• PhantasmagoriaPhantasmagoria Member Posts: 63
    Well i did... if you consider yugi oh cards to be a board game LOL. I had a magic deck before. I used to play it everyday w/ some friends of mine back in high school 
  • frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33
    If we're counting card games, then I can add VS to the list of recommended games. It's a TCG kind of like Magic: The Gathering, but it's based on superheroes from the Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse universes. Very fun, but like any TCG, it can get expensive.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I play Chess as much as I can about 4-5 times a week. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

I havent played chess since grade 6 when people kept using this move that pwns me in like...3 or so turns -.-

( o.o)
    (")(")

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

I havent played chess since grade 6 when people kept using this move that pwns me in like...3 or so turns -.-

Actually because of the tactical nature of Chess you learn more about the game from losing to a superior opponent than you ever will from winning if you're paying attention to their moves. I know strategies like the one you are describing but if your opponent sees it coming it leaves you wide open to a counter offensive. For this reason I never would use a bold attack like that in the begining of a game against anyone knowledgable about Chess. You should give it another go. Chess is the most tactical board game ever created and it can be a lot of fun once you get a feel for the game.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }