Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
With the announcement that Turbine is bringing back AC2, I thought Id do a poll to see what players would like to see return

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    I enjoyed Auto Assault, was a fun if slightly mindless MMO.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    SWG
  • TholdarianTholdarian Member UncommonPosts: 67
    None from that list; I´d like The Chronicles of Spellborn to return from the dead!
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I would say Auto Assault but I threw away my unopened box when they shut down the servers.  I don't think I could find it within myself to pay a second time for a game I haven't played.  I voted E&B, at least I haven't bought that one yet!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Tabula Rasa. Had such potential. Hopefully defiance will pick up where TB left off.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

SWG - so I can enjoy reading SWTOR forums LOL.

But the true reason is that it would be much better for everybody who wants to experience Star Wars, as I am almost sure that players would be subbed to both games (I would definitely) to enjoy the story in SWTOR and enjoy the sandbox qualities of SWG.

Win-win situation.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    SWG but only pre NGE...best if pre CU.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    SWG pre-cu but Shadowbane was a blast too... at least when you didn't have the continual .exe (.sb something?) crash or whatever it was lol.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

" StarFlight " remake.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

All of them. image

All the ones you listed are unique games I think would be great for having something else to play beyond the typical fantasy WoW clone.

Also Spellborn.

• AsterafAsteraf Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Tabula Rasa gets my vote.  CoX was fantastic and I'm sad to see it go, but it lasted a VERY long time.  SWG got killed by SOE (big surprise), but still lasted quite awhile before that happened, and even stayed somewhat popular afterwards.  Tabula Rasa never really got that chance.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    WoW Vanilla....yes i know its not dead but WoW is dead to me...vanilla will be the only real WoW experience for me.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Give me SWG pre-CU, and SB post-Throne of Oblivion.

The original SWG was fun as heck.  SB without the hacks and crashes was awesome.

Sadly, the modern gamer can't handle Sandbox games :)

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

1. SWG - Not so much for me, but it's sadly missed by many.

2. MxO - I've had... uhm... an interest in this for a while now.  Would be cool to see the world fully alive.  Unique combat system too.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Would love ot see Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault, and classic SWG back.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Shadowbane and SWG!

Spellborne was not bad eather, but I din't play it for that long...there was a other game releasing at that time I can't rember.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241
    SWG, even the NGE, I was still enjoying it up until it's death.  Though Pre-CU would be even better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • UserUndeletedUserUndeleted Member Posts: 121
    Even though SWG was the most fun game i've ever played, MXO always looked like a better fit for my playstyle. Sadly I didn't get around to playing it, so it gets my vote.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Magic carpet
    Syndicate
    Midwinter
  • IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

My top 3 games I'd like to see return from the dead:

1.) City of Heroes/City of Villains

2.) Star Wars Galaxies pre-CU

3.)The Matrix Online; I only stopped playing MxO because my computer couldn't run it and then went back to and got sucked into WoW. Was able to play during its last week or two and realized it was actually a pretty interesting game.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Precu SWG.  Not sure how long I would play.  Maybe I'd just make a crafter and build a little house just outside of Theed or Mos Eisley.  I could prospect, tinker, open up my own shop.  Nothing major.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

AC2 is already back. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1/view/news/read/26307/Asherons-Call-2-RESURRECTION.html

Tabula Rasa gets my vote.  Too bad it's gone forever :(

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    None. New games, please.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky