Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's Call 2 : Fallen Kings: RESURRECTION!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine has announced that a new Asheron's Call 2 server has opened up and that the game is free to anyone with a current Asheron's Call subscription or who purchase a key and subscribe. They were not able to restore old characters to the Dawnsong server, however.

Below is a link to the Asheron’s Call 2 client installer so you may get the game up and running. This will provide access to the new Dawnsong server. Although the server has passed our initial tests, we have a lot of monitoring and tweaking to do to the game environment and we want to ensure that our players understand that. This game service will be provided as a beta for all players with an active Asheron’s Call account. That said, the game server is currently up and running. So join us for a nostalgic trip back to a Dereth where the golden age was not interrupted.

If you are an active paid AC1 subscriber there will be no need to create a new account for Asheron’s Call 2; you will simply log into the Asheron’s Call 2 game using your current Asheron’s Call credentials. 

Read the full post on the Asheron's Call forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• warwonwarwon Member UncommonPosts: 23

this could be a really decent thing.

Just wished it was open to more people.

But really this is messed up

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    This isn't April 1st is it?!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    What about my old AC2 Account?

Joined - July 2004

• warwonwarwon Member UncommonPosts: 23

you know the worlds ending soon right?

is this a sign!?

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    This is a strange move, not gonna lie. Maybe it is an effort to get more subs to AC1?
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Pretty much the best holiday gift a game company has given me.
  • toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

omg!

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Hell yea . im there , ths is where me and a group friends of mine  all met ,we  still game together , after all these years .. .. We will all be returning...

Such great news....

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Hmm, this is one I've always wanted to try. Hmm...

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Can someone explain what this game is about in a few sentences?  I never played it or followed it, but I am aware of how much some people loved it.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ha cool I thought I read that wrong

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Best part about this, is now I can mess around in both games for one price. Though last time I played AC it was all about botting twinking and power leveling

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Eventhough I would have loved my old Dawnsong character back, this'll do :D . Wow, can not believe it.
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Can someone explain what this game is about in a few sentences?  I never played it or followed it, but I am aware of how much some people loved it.

It's sandbox, of which I believe you are a big fan of? image

It's one of the ones (along with AC1) that I regretted not ever picking up, it's worth your time to at least research it.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Zekiah

It's one of the ones (along with AC1) that I regretted not ever picking up, it's worth your time to at least research it.

You had me at sandbox.  I'm already downloading it.  I have nothing else to do, with DF:UW being a bust.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by Zekiah

You had me at sandbox.  I'm already downloading it.  I have nothing else to do, with DF:UW being a bust.

LOL! I'm at work or I might just be doing the same. I'm thinking you'll love it, it's on most sandboxers top MMOs list.

Anyone know what the sub fee is off hand?

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    What sandbox features did this game sport?

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

Yeesh, I can barely remember my time in this game but the pull of nostalgia is strong, and I'm going to resub to AC1 so I can check this out and support the revival of old games.

If nothing else I seem to recall really loving the world design.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Its been a long time since I played that game. Played a Lugian Tactician and was quite funny. Good times!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Oh sweet baby jesus. I never played it, but i heard it was an awesome sandbox. Definately gonna grab it.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Guess the contract or whatnot with Microsoft wore off?  Either way, I'm super stoked! 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Originally posted by svandy
    What sandbox features did this game sport?

Well, crafting for example, lets use Craigstone; People needed to work together the re-build the forge to craft at. Initially they announced that we as played would re-build cities but I never seen it happen.

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Site seems to be down, must be popular :)

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581
    AC2 was basically a nice bridge between the old harsh MMO's and the newer themeparks.  You are not locked into any specific class roles and can change your build anytime.  The combat was very fun and fast paced.  Will be interesting to see how it runs on these beastly machines we have now.  Back in 2002 this game looked amazing but due to the new engine and high art quality, it ran poor on most machines.