Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wullin - Age of Wushu same amazing game

malcombexmalcombex Member Posts: 14

Quick run down. The game has been in development for aprox 4 years and released in china where is got aprox 20 million users.

In the USA its called Age of Wushu - in europe its called Age of Wullin but they are the same game and both are at closed beta stage and i intend to play both - heres why. The game is set in ancient China, not a traditional fantasy setting.The game is not about questing as in going from a to b kill mobs and repeat and then realising that your bored to tears. Its not a typical asian grind fest. Its an open world where you will spend your time perfecting your Kung Fu with practice and study in order to defend your schools honour in open pvp. Not a simple game, its very complex as others schools may have a spie amung you - so you will need to patrol and try to detect them.The aconomy is also complex , everything is manufactured by the players - food plays an important roll there are farms that need to be cultivated and protected , there are player criminals and player police force.As a said its not a game to see who gets to level cap first and then quit. The closest games i would compare it to would be a cross between Eve online and good old days of Star Wars Galaxies all set in a realistic, historical world - and its fantastic.

The graphics engine works well ,very smooth and very beautiful - the combat is also more complex than first meets the eye its not a click fest - its a head game with a combination of blocks , attacks, counters and finishes and if all else fails leg it. an extra part of the combat is the wait for it - FLYING yes well sort of , you see the game is not only visualy stunning but it takes a leaf out most of the latest kung fu movies - Crouching Tiger. Trust me this adds so much fun to the game to pull of an escape across a roof top after a kill is what makes life worth living.

The sound track is fantastic aswell and helps alot with immersion although there is no voice dialogue at all.

There is so much to this game its impossible to tell you in one go - the next beta i think is at the end of december. so anyone looking for an open sanbox world and bored of the current mmo games. i suspect there is alot of you, judging by the amout of negative comments about the latest mmo titles.I urge you to try this game - not because its free but because its awsome.

Comments

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I'm in beta and love the ancient china backstory, basically feels like a martial art trainer, very cool. Too bad it's an open pvp mmo. I was disapointed, I'd much rather play a fps then an mmo with open pvp, It always just ends up being a server gank fest. No levels but still someone who's racked up the most martial art schooling so same difference. Still a flavor for some.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I am glad you like this game, but it feels and plays like alot of other games out there.  Loong comes to mind right away. If this is your cup of tea great, but you can play games pretty much just like this now.
  • FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    I am glad you like this game, but it feels and plays like alot of other games out there.  Loong comes to mind right away. If this is your cup of tea great, but you can play games pretty much just like this now.

No mate you can't this game s pretty unique.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I didnt want to start a new thread.

Can anyone tell me what this game is like?  I have watched a couple of videos but couldnt get a real feel for the game. 

How is the game at this point in the beta, do you all think it will be playable at US launch?  Is it any fun?  Is it a game you can have fun with for a couple of months or a couple of weeks?

Grind fest?  Good PvP?

thx

• karkwakarkwa Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Can north american players play age of wulin for free or do we have to pay to play age of wushu?
  • Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by karkwa
    Can north american players play age of wulin for free or do we have to pay to play age of wushu?

Both are F2P and exactly the same, except 2 different companies one for USA (snailgamesusa) and one for EU(gPotato) and i'm pretty certain anyone can play either version if they so choose.

But I think (not 100% sure) that the US version has a deluxe version which you can buy which gives you a ton of goodies and a box/disc and the EU version doesn't.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

This game is NOT original at all in fact for asian games/style its a lot like the rest of the 11 year old asian grinders.

sure theres no level but the game is a grind none the less.

as for the questing/grinding  Lets just say dont log off you'll be sent on a "patrol" where you log out and the toon doesnt it patrols and can be stolen from kidnaped and murdered. Ohh and its open world pvp btw so login or not its all gank gank gank.

The games English port is so bad its hard to even make sense of basic "mechanics" of the shitty skills systems or questing and crafting.

most of what is written in chat doesnt even come out right and makes asking questions very hard or getting the answer.(the chat is trasnlating on the fly )

And to answer the F2P.

With the exp gain style they have and how it works its not F2P its F2T (free to try) meaning you could play for free and be ok after a year or you could pay and win in about a few months. The gap will be massive in a short time after release unless you have hours and hours to kill playing.

If you have ever played Archlord or Silkroad, about more then Half of the pvp/open world game mechanics are the same if not worse.

All that aside Game looks badass but the fun factor stops there.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Thats your opinion and i disagree it's not all 'gank gank gank' thats just ignorant at best.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    I was sceptical at first but the more I learn about game, the more I become impressed. And I HATE asian F2P MMOs like Perfect World. The world design is a sight to see. Srsly, one of the best in genre
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Butch808
    Thats your opinion and i disagree it's not all 'gank gank gank' thats just ignorant at best.

If you read everything that I wrote and the only thing you can see to dispute or disagree with is that .....not sure whos more on the ignorant side me or you.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    @ vonryan123

AoW not original at all, eh?

So there's tons of old games featuring stuff like spying and patrolling, kidnapping, ffa pvp with a working alignment system, functioning player policing and actual consequences (prison time spent online, executions), and a player-run economy with in-depth crafting and different trades complementing each other?

Please name one so I can check it out!