Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Will You Buy the First GW2 Xpac?

Comments

• lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40

I will wait and see what 's in the expansion first.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Not a game I'm very in love with as it is too limited and the game holds your hand all the way through a la WoW. But It is wellmade and they derserv the money so yes.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

nope, although i would love to see what it has to offer, but this game is not for me altough i love the graphics to death

So What Now?

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Surprise, surprise!  I voted yes.  Absolutely I will buy all the expansions!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I know people will pass out at their chairs when they see this but, I'm on the fence.

They did a great launch, they had a good thing going then suddenly something changed and with that change they still have not convinced me they have the organization or leadership skills to properly update patch and adjust the game's features. So far this past month and 1/2 alone it's been very disappointing. From the loot issues, to the glaring in your face profession problems since BWE3, and the sheer lack of  communication on any of it they've been less then stellar in their community relations.

even the AMA was filtered.

someone on reddit actually managed to ask about loot before it was over, and Chris said they would investigate, it's been a week and a half and still no word, just some nonsense about the war on bots.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by itgrowls

I know people will pass out at their chairs when they see this but, I'm on the fence.

They did a great launch, they had a good thing going then suddenly something changed and with that change they still have not convinced me they have the organization or leadership skills to properly update patch and adjust the game's features. So far this past month and 1/2 alone it's been very disappointing. From the loot issues, to the glaring in your face profession problems since BWE3, and the sheer lack of  communication on any of it they've been less then stellar in their community relations.

someone on reddit actually managed to ask about loot before it was over, and Chris said they would investigate, it's been a week and a half and still no word, just some nonsense about the war on bots.

I wasn't surprised at all to see familiar names like bcbully and Purutzil saying 'No' to the expansion. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future claiming boredom within weeks, revealing that they actually bought the expansion.

But yeah, you surprised me lol.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    no. gw1 was much better with pvp. gw2 is a joke.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Originally posted by itgrowls

I wasn't surprised at all to see familiar names like bcbully and Purutzil saying 'No' to the expansion. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future claiming boredom within weeks, revealing that they actually bought the expansion.

But yeah, you surprised me lol.

their leadership since launch has been weird and absent. I dunno what to make of it.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    No.  The game got boring fast and I can't imagine spending anymore money on it.

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

If they don't increase the level cap(example: Guild Wars 1)- yes. If they do increase the level cap(example: World of Warcraft)- no.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    I will buy it the day it's released, no ifs, no buts.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Possibly on some conditions:

Underwater combat overhauled / extra weapons

Guild Halls

Polymock and other side activities (which i expected on release)

Needs at least those things

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Yes!

I think that the first Xpac will probably hit around April or later, so it will be a good time for everyone since

Wintersday starts tomorrow and January and February contents are coming aswell.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Consdiering how they put out content, for free, for last months and have even more planned for next months I don't see why not. In hours played and fun factor the game already was worth it several times over for me. Sure there are issues, some bigger, some smaller and there is whole lot of tweaking on Arena Net's part to do, but since they don't ask me to pay subscirption to beta test it and they keep adding new stuff I'm satisfied. 
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    I voted yes but it all really comes down to what they put in it (or don't), based on the game so far it seems unlikely anything but personal economic issues will stop me from buying it on day one though.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Depends on what's in it.  We already have a pretty big world.  I'd like to see some housing where I could decorate, similar to the swg system.  I understand it probably would be instanced though.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    I probably won't buy it. I rarely even get the urge to log in to the game and when i do i tend to be bored by the first hour and log out for another month. It will really depend on what else is available or coming out at the time as the only way i can imagine myself making the purchase is if i have nothing else to play, at all.
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Yes will be buying .
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Almost no reason for me to say no.

The game has more value than all of the console games I've bought the last ten years combined.  The monthly updates of free content is more than any MMO I'm subscribed to, and the game seems to have been running much better than it did at launch.  The Elementalist is very deep in it's skill system and chaining, and I'm starting to have great fun with the warrior as well.

Though a big thing for me is if they include Housing and Guild Halls by then, as well as the increase of the continents.

There's just no logical reason for me to say no save for it being a time where money is hard to come by.  Even if I didn't like all the core mechanics, I'd probably still support the money for content value it provides.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I voted no.

It was a fun game for a time.  But that time has passed.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    In a heartbeat, but it looks like we'll be waiting awhile for an expansion. Interesting note, they're saying that the January and February updates will contain an expansions worth of new content, so it seems that we'll be getting the first one (comparatively) for free. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I enjoyed it while I played but unless the x-pac dramatically overhauls the design/classes/skill system I doubt i'll come back.

I'll probably still be playing TERA somehow and DF:UW seems very promising, with those games still in my mind I haven't had the slightest urge to play GW2. :/

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It is neat to mess around with, as a single player game, but unless there is a major overhaul to the social (or lack thereof) system in Guild Wars 2, I'm not very interested in purchasing any expansion.  GW2 is just simply a lonely experience.  No real interaction or rivalries between players, or the commands / tools to do so.  Interaction only exists in friend lists and guilds, which are very useless, especially in a game about "Guild WARS".  PvP is pointless also.  I have no incentive or desire to log on (outside of holidays just to see what was done .. but even then, meh, still single player everything).

ArenaNet did mention player / guild housing, and that *might* be neat, but it would literally need to blow me away, because Rift's Dimensions is king of player created areas right now.  They essentially said, "While other games let you decorate a house, we'll let you build you house from scratch, micromanage every small piece like Lego's, and then let you build a whole zone to put it in, also from scratch."  Hard to top that.

If ArenaNet ever does player created content, this is literally what they are up against:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/tuesdays-top-dimensions/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Karteli

It is neat to mess around with, as a single player game, but unless there is a major overhaul to the social (or lack thereof) system in Guild Wars 2, I'm not very interested in purchasing any expansion.  GW2 is just simply a lonely experience.  No real interaction or rivalries between players, or the commands / tools to do so.  Interaction only exists in friend lists and guilds, which are very useless, especially in a game about "Guild WARS".  PvP is pointless also.  I have no incentive or desire to log on (outside of holidays just to see what was done .. but even then, meh, still single player everything).

ArenaNet did mention player / guild housing, and that *might* be neat, but it would literally need to blow me away, because Rift's Dimensions is king of player created areas right now.  They essentially said, "While other games let you decorate a house, we'll let you build you house from scratch, micromanage every small piece like Lego's, and then let you build a whole zone to put it in, also from scratch."  Hard to top that.

If ArenaNet ever does player created content, this is literally what they are up against:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/tuesdays-top-dimensions/

OK... that Dimension thing is pretty amazing. Maybe, just maybe, ANet is holding off realizing what they have to compete with and they're trying to do so. They do seem to have a habit of taking what they see as the best of other games and trying to improve on it...

Imagine the boon to crafting if furnishings and all that came into game in the future. Wow.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

No.

Why?

• As it stands I'm itching way more to boot up GW1.
    • By the time the xpac is launched there will be new MMOs/games for me to sink my time into.