Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official CBT just two more Days online!!!

viktorbx126viktorbx126 Member UncommonPosts: 3

From Official Site: http://ro2.playpark.net/home

"Ragnarok Online 2 is HERE!

In 2002, GRAVITY CO., released Ragnarok Online, the groundbreaking MMORPG that revolutionised the gaming industry and captivated more than 58 million players from across the globe.

Years later, ASIASOFT ONLINE and GRAVITY CO., are proud to present the blockbuster follow-up, Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second! It's FREE-TO-PLAY!!!

A whole new world of excitement awaits you in this 3D-rendered adventure! Journey through beautiful fields and dungeons, and battle alongside with your trusted comrades. New battle systems, new monsters and several other new game features await you!

Can’t wait to experience Ragnarok Online 2? Closed Beta runs from 7th December 2012 to 12th December 2012, at these scheduled hours: 

11th, 12th Dec 11:00-2:00 GMT (+8:00)

To turn up the heat of this long-awaited launch, we have tonnes of exciting and thrilling events, not to mention many amazing prizes to be won! Be the first to mingle and interact with our GMs as well. See you in the game!"

When you trying Start to play from Europe you can have some trouble with the Client. Just translate the Link in the end of the Topic. Its a Guide to Fix the bugs. 

No CBT Key needed! Just Register, Download and Play. I started the game today from Germany. 

Sry for my bad English im from Germany. 

Für alle deutschen Nutzer! Es gibt kleine Schwierigkeiten und das Spel zu starten. Wie ich es verstanden hab nur für Spieler aus Europa. Unten ist ein Link zum Guide wie mans beheben kann. Alle Information sind von offiziellen Seiten. 

Comments

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    other than the same kind of monsters...the game looks like the same old nonsense that bad publishers put out dozens of every year

hallo ~_~

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by viktorbx126

From Official Site: http://ro2.playpark.net/home

"Ragnarok Online 2 is HERE!

In 2002, GRAVITY CO., released Ragnarok Online, the groundbreaking MMORPG that revolutionised the gaming industry and captivated more than 58 million players from across the globe.

Years later, ASIASOFT ONLINE and GRAVITY CO., are proud to present the blockbuster follow-up, Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second! It's FREE-TO-PLAY!!!

A whole new world of excitement awaits you in this 3D-rendered adventure! Journey through beautiful fields and dungeons, and battle alongside with your trusted comrades. New battle systems, new monsters and several other new game features await you!

Can’t wait to experience Ragnarok Online 2? Closed Beta runs from 7th December 2012 to 12th December 2012, at these scheduled hours: 

11th, 12th Dec 11:00-2:00 GMT (+8:00)

To turn up the heat of this long-awaited launch, we have tonnes of exciting and thrilling events, not to mention many amazing prizes to be won! Be the first to mingle and interact with our GMs as well. See you in the game!"

When you trying Start to play from Europe you can have some trouble with the Client. Just translate the Link in the end of the Topic. Its a Guide to Fix the bugs. 

No CBT Key needed! Just Register, Download and Play. I started the game today from Germany. 

Sry for my bad English im from Germany. 

Für alle deutschen Nutzer! Es gibt kleine Schwierigkeiten und das Spel zu starten. Wie ich es verstanden hab nur für Spieler aus Europa. Unten ist ein Link zum Guide wie mans beheben kann. Alle Information sind von offiziellen Seiten. 

lol...can't totally knock the game as i've never played it, but if you go on the website and click on pvp...their pvp which they call a system and act like its a big deal is right clicking on someone and clicking battle request and waiting for a response.  lmao..nice pvp system...its a duel

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• viktorbx126viktorbx126 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Yeah it looks like the same Game, just in 3D. If you played the first version of RO2 and it is not the same. They did a whole new Game. Just try out befor you judge image.

To the PVP system. There will be a Arena for fights and I´m hoping they will add  War of Emperium. For them how dont know. Its a Castle system for Guilds. You have to conquer and defend them vs. other Guilds. 

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Looks like an asian grinder from 2006...whats this games catch anyway?

Not trying to be rude, and i didnt follow the first version of the game.

What made this game so good?  And whats the second versons catch?  Why play this game over all the others, other than it being ragnarok or whatever?

• zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53
    This game is way late in release, it was going thru beta and development too long that it became out of date. The news came out in 2002 and around 2008 it was running in Korea and then recalled for a remake until around 2011/2012 before it was re-released again. A game plan which was supposed to be out 10 years ago only to be released now is not going to get much hype compare to like 5 years ago when there are not much AAA mmorpg released.  
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by rommello
    other than the same kind of monsters...the game looks like the same old nonsense that bad publishers put out dozens of every year

That's because that's all it is. I was a huge fan of the original RO and I'd been keeping track of RO2 since it's first iteration before they started from the ground up and remade it. I'm shocked it took them this long to come up with something so utterly devoid of originality. It's basically every other f2p MMO out there but with clunky controls and a terrible camera. Way too many good free or cheap games out these days for them to consider this an appropriate game to release.

Newcomers will find a better game in one like Forsaken World or Edda while old-timers will lament the fact that it's nothing like current RO, let alone vanilla RO.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Looks like an asian grinder from 2006...whats this games catch anyway?

Not trying to be rude, and i didnt follow the first version of the game.

What made this game so good?  And whats the second versons catch?  Why play this game over all the others, other than it being ragnarok or whatever?

The first game was originally fun just because it had such a friendly community. You were often times in-town chatting with friends rather than out grinding, and when you did grind, it was extermely beneficial to party. It's hard to put into words what made the game so charming, but I had a lot of fun when the game first started.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437

the download from pmb needs a password? anybody know what it is?

and how do you get into the beta?

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    As somoneone who has been waiting for this for friggin' years and has played knock off *caugh* p-servers (not saying anything else here) *caugh* I am glad to see its finally taking off.  And for those of you who wish to mock it, don't knock it til ya try it as they say.   Ragnarok has always been a pretty good game for our community standards in MMOs but I guess I speak from a more old player veteran point of view, you kids these days expect too much imo :-p

imageimage

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

the download from pmb needs a password? anybody know what it is?

and how do you get into the beta?

The website says it's "welcome2ro2".

• viktorbx126viktorbx126 Member UncommonPosts: 3

@Neo The CBT is over Today. Wait until the OBT started. I heard it´ll start after the Holydays. Better is you check the Site for news.

I think as well as  Urban. This game may be something for the old school MMO Players, who grow up with Ragnarok and hoped that this game will be continued. Thx for trolling and support my first Thread here. 

Closed.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    You know its looks decent, and I wouldnt even mind if it was a 3d copy of the old game because the old RO is still awesome, but after looking through the classes, they've gotten rid of the merchant class, which is by far the best aspect of RO in my opinion so thats really turned me off and I'm not sure I will check it out now.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

Wow i totally forgot about this game cause i thought it was canceld due to ''not many ppl playing it''

Kinda awesome to still see an english release of it