Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attention: All Royal Guards Unite!

AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

CLAN NAME: eXopac
CLAN TYPE: SOCIAL/FUN
TEMPORARY WEBSITE: --->>>Click for Website<<<---
SECT LEADER: Huangpu Xiao
CLAN LEADER: Fang-Shen
RECRUITING STATUS: OPEN - ROYAL GUARDS ONLY!

OUR CREED:
I AM A ROYAL GUARD
I AM A WARRIOR AND A MEMBER OF A TEAM
I SERVE HUANGPU XIAO AND LIVE RESPECT
I WILL NEVER LEAVE A FALLEN COMRADE
I WILL NEVER ACCEPT DEFEAT
I WILL NEVER QUIT
I AM DISCIPLINED, PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY TOUGH, TRAINED AND PROFICIENT AT KILLING
I AM A ROYAL GUARD

--Huangpu Xiao

WHO WE ARE:
We are a premiere Clan for the upcoming MMORPG; Age of Wushu. This means that we are entering Age of Wushu together as our "First Game" and this will be our only concentration. We are not a Multi-Gaming Clan with our members split into numerous games. Our entire community is focused on Age of Wushu.

We also pride ourselves in being different than all other Clans here in Age of Wushu as we will be a School Specific Clan. This means that all members of our Clan must choose to follow the path of the Royal Guards. We believe this will limit our recruiting, but it will enhance our play as everyone will be together at all times and fighting for the same cause. We believe that focusing the concentration of the Clan into one school will inspire Unity, create cohesion, and streamline our ability to play side by side with one another at all times.

We have chosen Royal Guards because of what the Royal Guards stand for; Evil Martial Arts and Power. Join us or die!

WHAT WE STAND FOR
We stand for everything this game has to offer. PvP, PKing, Kidnapping, Book Stealing Events, Dueling, PvP Tournaments, Crafting, Life Skills, etc. We have no rules in-game except that we should stand for Respect. We have chosen the Evil side, but this does not mean we will be punks or jerks within the community or within our walls. We believe we can respect others and still have a great time killing them, pillaging their towns, and setting a blazing path at our backs. Understand that we do not tolerate disrespect to others inside or outside of the Clan.

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for people that want to have fun and understand that this is just a game. Ask yourself these questions: Do you normally get along with people? Do you respect others even though they are different than you? Do you enjoy making friends? Do you like to have fun? Are you usually happy? Are you a good friend? If you answered Yes to ALL of these, then you will fit in. We are looking for people that Treat Others how they would like to be treated and are here to add to the positive energy of the whole.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We are going to be organized in the fact that events will be scheduled within the Clan. We will have weekly PvP Tournaments, Daily Team practice, Weekly Book Stealing Events, and other Social events. We want to be able to schedule a few events together so that our casual gamers can get on during specific times to play together side by side. We are not catering to the Hard Core players. Although you may have fun here still, you may not if you are impatient and need someone constantly there to direct you. We want self starters and easy going people.

We do not want anyone here that is unhappy with the above and thinks that this is not enough. If you want more from us, then you need to create the extra within these walls. What is named above is what you can EXPECT from us at a minimum. The rest is up to the players to create their own events. You get what you give other than the above events.

What we have found over the years is that people are so into "gains" and "firsts" that they forget to look around and enjoy the game they are playing. We are not looking to set records. We are not looking to get every single gain there is and maximize our playing time for gains, gains, gains. This is a game, we are in this to actually have fun, socialize, and kill other players along the way.

We may have "Recruiting Days" where we just all get together to hang out and Recruit other Royal Guards. It's a Social Clan that has a focus on having fun and we will do this by surrounding ourselves with like minded people.

OUR ONE WRITTEN RULE:
Thou Shall Respect
1) Respect your Clan.
Do not talk negatively about the Clan or its members to outsiders. If you have an issue, address it with the Leadership. We have a no drama tolerance and spreading rumors is not tolerated. Be a part of the team or leave it.

2) Respect your Clan mates.
Talk to people with respect. A little banter, becomes a lot of banter and the lines become blurry with who you can talk trash to and who you can't talk trash to. So in order to control any issues we may have, do not talk trash. Talking trash to you may be fun, but for others it may be offensive. Some people find swearing offensive- so don't do it.

3) Respect outsiders.
We do believe in being evil in-game and our craving for power will bring us to killing many people together. This does not mean that we should talk trash and ridicule people in-game. Do your business and kill as much as you want and how you want but there is no need to disrespect people. The lines are very clear here, so do not try to make up your own definition of respect. Kill someone 1000 times if you want to, but do not say; "You suck, go kill yourself" or any of the other things that online gamers say to get under people's skin. If they keep coming back to get rez killed or corpse camped, it's their own fault.

*Remember that outsiders are future members. Treat them with respect because they may someday be your brother/sister in arms.

Are you interested in joining?
Stop by our temporary Website and visit our forums.

FAQ:
I have had a few questions asked and instead of just posting them down the line, I will put the questions and answers here so everyone can view them without scrolling down.

1) Why did you choose to limit your membership to ONE school?
Answer:
Why?
I got a question asking me why I wanted to limit it to ONE school and what the benefits are.

Here is what I saw when playing and I was not a part of any Clans during my time playing, but I like to watch, observe, and take a stance from the outside when making a decision.

When you have Book Stealing Events or School vs School events, or when you are kidnapping or doing evil things you can be attacked.

What happens when your Guild is multiple schools? Do you fight your Guildmate for the sake of the School you are in? Do you allow your Guildmate to get away with stealing the books of your school because they are your Guildmate?

So many questions to be asked, so many questions to be answered. So many times in this game that you will have to choose Guild over School or vice versa. The lines can not be clearly drawn, especially to new members of the Guild.

Instead, I have chosen to streamline our play and make it to where we won't have confusion. We won't have questions of who we can and can not attack. There is no question because we are a Clan. Clan and School are United, which leaves no room for error. Again, the whole purpose behind having a Clan is to be UNITED as a team.

Thanks for the question.

2) Do members have to play only Royal Guard during Beta Tests?
Simple answer is NO.
There are no stipulations during Beta on what classes people play. We will start the Royal Guard Only at release. I encourage everyone to test this game to the fullest before launch.

Everyone should try as many classes as they can.
a. It helps you make an informed decision on which school you like best. No one should join this Clan if they won't be happy with their School choice.
b. It helps you understand the other classes so when you are fighting them, you know how to beat them and counter their moves.
c. It will ultimately lead to you having more fun. If you lose a lot, it gets annoying. Knowing all classes and their moves will ultimately help you become the best you can be with your own class. Although this game is said to be Rock, Paper, Scissors and certain classes are meant to take us out.

3) . . .

WARNING: This is a newly formed Clan.

Comments

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Perfect! I had already decided on becoming a royal guard.. its the only school I'm interested in.

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

We are just starting out. I have a couple real life friends joining me in-game too. So no matter what we have a very tight small group to start with in-game. My friends are not huge forum posters, but I am, so I will be seriously involved with the community, this site, etc before launch.

If you want to join up with us, you are more than welcome.

I think it will be a blast. As far as I can see, we are the ONLY one school Clan out there and the only exclusive Evil Clan too.

Our First Mission is to get as many Royal Guards under our banner as we can!

Warning: We will quickly weed out those that do not follow our ONE rule.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Hmmm, sounds really good but I am going Tangmen and dont know if I'm gonna stay with Age Of Wushu beta or play the European Age Of Wulin, I'm European.

Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Hmmm, sounds really good but I am going Tangmen and dont know if I'm gonna stay with Age Of Wushu beta or play the European Age Of Wulin, I'm European.

I love how active the EU Age of Wulin site is. I thought many times about going that direction because of how active it is. I wasnt sure if I could legally or if I could afford to give up that much latency.

I dont blame you for wanting to play near servers dedicated to your area. Latency is a big issue in games that involve some skill to be good at.

I think a School of Tangmen would be awesome though. It's definitely more popular than Royal Guards. You should make Clan for EU for Tangmen only. You'd be the first to make an Exclusive Guild for One School there. ;)

You have to admit though. Our outfit is pretty darn cool. If that's not enough to join us, then I dont know what to say. :D Just kidding

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Cool, good to see a guild going school specific. Hope you guys get enough members! Good luck!
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24
    Cool, good to see a guild going school specific. Hope you guys get enough members! Good luck!

Me too. Hard to compete with open recruitment like Guilds. :)

Appreciate the comment though.

I signed up at your site... and I am definitely going to play.. I love martial arts and played 9dragons as well.. The gold uniform looks nice!!

Originally posted by Neo_Liberty
    I signed up at your site... and I am definitely going to play.. I love martial arts and played 9dragons as well.. The gold uniform looks nice!!

I was an Alpha tester of 9Dragons. I thought it was a pretty decent game, but it had too many features that made me feel like I was playing a FTP game. Dont get me wrong, I have enjoyed quite a few FTP games and more models are going that direction or transaction like payments.

I dont get that feel from AoW. It felt like Vanguard. The graphics arent bad when they are turned all the way up. They arent like Age of Conan or Aion, but they are decent enough. I thought they were better than WoW for sure and movement was fluid like Aion.

The Crafting System is intricate enough to make me enjoy it and the fact that people "need" crafters makes it more worthwhile. I love the Guild system. Being able to take over a School and be head Master? Seriously? Awesome!

So many things here that are great.

9Dragons was a decent game though. It just wasnt "as" good as this in my opinion.

Originally posted by Ashlura
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

I was an Alpha tester of 9Dragons. I thought it was a pretty decent game, but it had too many features that made me feel like I was playing a FTP game. Dont get me wrong, I have enjoyed quite a few FTP games and more models are going that direction or transaction like payments.

I dont get that feel from AoW. It felt like Vanguard. The graphics arent bad when they are turned all the way up. They arent like Age of Conan or Aion, but they are decent enough. I thought they were better than WoW for sure and movement was fluid like Aion.

The Crafting System is intricate enough to make me enjoy it and the fact that people "need" crafters makes it more worthwhile. I love the Guild system. Being able to take over a School and be head Master? Seriously? Awesome!

So many things here that are great.

9Dragons was a decent game though. It just wasnt "as" good as this in my opinion.

lol.. 9dragons doesn't compare... but there are few games out that are playable from the US that have martial arts style combat

I love how active the EU Age of Wulin site is. I thought many times about going that direction because of how active it is. I wasnt sure if I could legally or if I could afford to give up that much latency.

I dont blame you for wanting to play near servers dedicated to your area. Latency is a big issue in games that involve some skill to be good at.

I think a School of Tangmen would be awesome though. It's definitely more popular than Royal Guards. You should make Clan for EU for Tangmen only. You'd be the first to make an Exclusive Guild for One School there. ;)

You have to admit though. Our outfit is pretty darn cool. If that's not enough to join us, then I dont know what to say. :D Just kidding

Your whole concept of your clan is cool as fuck mate, right on the button. I think school specific clans is the way to go in Age Of Wushu/Wulin. Yeah, I might just start up a Tangmen only clan for hire, i've always loved the assassin type characters. Being able to play an assassin in a MMO based on feudal China is freaking awesome. I wish you the best with your clan, you deafently have made the right choice in same school only clan.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Sounds like a very interesting  way to start. I too have cut my teeth on a few Kung fu mmos. Particularly Fung Wan Online and 9 Dragons. And although I usually love chivalric roles when it comes to my mmo avatars, being a Red Guard does sound enticing. If you don't mind having a CST am and late night player around, I'll check out your website and submit a formal request to join.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Sounds like a very interesting  way to start. I too have cut my teeth on a few Kung fu mmos. Particularly Fung Wan Online and 9 Dragons. And although I usually love chivalric roles when it comes to my mmo avatars, being a Red Guard does sound enticing. If you don't mind having a CST am and late night player around, I'll check out your website and submit a formal request to join.

Hey I would love to make a new friend. I am a late night EST player, so you wont be alone ;)

• betatrybetatry Member Posts: 28

The thing is that the important events like the school wars or the book stealing are around 9-10 GMT so as long you not late EST player you should play  US servers and vise versa .

Originally posted by betatry

The thing is that the important events like the school wars or the book stealing are around 9-10 GMT so as long you not late EST player you should play  US servers and vise versa .

I made it to the Book Stealing event each night easily. I think they have 3 a day right? I cant remember. It does have events throughout the day I think though. But..... those events are not the end all, be all either. As a Guild you can take over the School you are most aligned with and claim war to another school. It can create School vs School events. I didnt see any of these in Beta yet, but I cant wait to participate in them. :)

Yes!

Originally posted by betatry

Gonna see before I make up my mind.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Appreciate it. ;)

We did just make the application process a bit more time consuming and interactive. I wanted to let everyone know that. It believe it will add a little fun to the process and make things a little more interesting than just putting up and application and being accepted.

Its all about fun in the end right?

have fun!

Will your clan be ready for the beta,i might come and check you out in game.

• AzhurelAzhurel Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This is a great idea! It's a shame that I can't tear myself away from the Beggars' Sect.

Yes, but we are not going to be playing RG in Beta. We are doing our own thing and just testing the game. Together, but not United under one School.

Originally posted by Azhurel
    This is a great idea! It's a shame that I can't tear myself away from the Beggars' Sect.

Why!!!? Why?!!!

:D Enjoy the game! I will see you on the battlefield. ;)

/bow

We have added quite a few things to the website to make it interactive as we wait. I put a couple music channels and I even made a Movie Channel. We have Free Martial Arts movies to keep with the theme. Ever want to see Once Upon in China? Never heard of it?

Come check us out.

Yes, but we are not going to be playing RG in Beta. We are doing our own thing and just testing the game. Together, but not United under one School.

Ah cool, ill hook up with ya then.

Still looking for more Royal Guards!

Join us!

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I'll be playing Royal Guards, my IGN is Soulfly

Awesome! Glad to see another Royal Guard!

No one stands a chance against our Guards!