Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information on Darkfall Unholy Wars Beta *REAL*

Information on Darkfall Unholy Wars Beta

DECEMBER 13, 2012    TASOS FLAMBOURAS    NO COMMENTS

<p clearfix"="">

We’re currently working on putting together the beta build. The game will be running in debug mode and it’s a different build from what we would have launched. We didn’t have this set up before since there was no plan to do a public beta before launching the game, mostly due to time constraints associated with managing this process.

There will be a beta forum. Since this was also not planned, we need to add the functionality to the new account system; we should have this in time. The only place beta discussion should take place is in the beta forum. There will be developer monitoring and interaction in this forum.

The pre-orders are planned to launch along with parts of the new website on early Friday evening. I know I said that the orders could be limited and throttled, but there’s enough capacity that we can pretty much guarantee this won’t happen before the beta launch on Monday, so there’s no reason to rush the account system.

Pre-order pricing is 14.95 for returning players, the price of the subscription. If you’ve ever bought Darkfall, you’re eligible for this price promotion during the pre-order period which should run until close to the game launch. New players, who haven’t bought the original Darkfall, can pre-order the game for 29.95 which represents a 25% discount.

In the registration page of the account system, there will be a checkbox where you can enter your previous account information to associate it with your current account. This will give returning Darkfall players the option to pre-order Darkfall Unholy Wars for the price of the subscription.

By pre-ordering you get 30 days of game time when Darkfall Unholy Wars launches. It gives you Beta access. It gives you the capability to reserve your character’s name. We will also look into giving pre-orders a head start for launch, but we can’t commit to this yet.

That’s all for now, we’ll come back with more details tomorrow.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    why i don't like this announcement?!..............
  • fredfourfredfour Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    why i don't like this announcement?!..............

why not? it's the first time in years they are making a "realistic" post 

of course i'll also believe it when i see it as well but still 

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I thought people who had an active Darkfall sub would not have to pay for the client?

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    I thought people who had an active Darkfall sub would not have to pay for the client?

They don't. Read it again. You pre-subscribe to get beta access, and then when the game launches your month begins. PRETTY BASIC.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93

Actually I was expecting not to see pricing so I am pretty happy. I'm pretty sure returning members aren't happy to see the $15.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by LizardEgypt

They don't. Read it again. You pre-subscribe to get beta access, and then when the game launches your month begins. PRETTY BASIC.

It is not that easy, all whats there to read goes for pre orders. 

Basically if you didn't got a beta slot  you very likely need to BUY the game after laucnh, even if you had bought a copy of DF1.

So the general promise of  players who bought the client dont need to rebuy it  could be broken by Tassos and the gang by this wording.

"you’re eligible for this price promotion during the pre-order period which should run until close to the game launch"

the offer isnt a general one. If someone dont preorder ery likely need to BUY the the game again even if it was promised they  would get it for price of sub. 

h"

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Basically if you didn't got a beta slot  you very likely need to BUY the game after laucnh, even if you had bought a copy of DF1.

So the general promise of  players who bought the client dont need to rebuy it is could be bnroken by Tssos and the gang by this wording.

Nowhere does it say this. You're assuming. They have clearly stated that you WILL NOT need to buy the game if you already bought DF1. Which would mean whether or not you get into Beta.

The price promotion they are refering to is for people who did not buy DF1

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310

Originally posted by Deathenger I thought people who had an active Darkfall sub would not have to pay for the client?
    It is not that easy, all whats there to read goes for pre orders.  Basically if you didn't got a beta slot  you very likely need to BUY the game after laucnh, even if you had bought a copy of DF1. So the general promise of  players who bought the client dont need to rebuy it is could be bnroken by Tssos and the gang by this wording. "you’re eligible for this price promotion during the pre-order period which should run until close to the game launch" the offer isnt a general one. If someone dont preorder ery likely need to BUY the the game again even if it was promised they  would get it for price of sub.   
    Actually you're complete fictitious and illogical in this statement. It clearly states previous owners will pay the cost of a monthly sub, you are basically "Renewing" your subscription to Darkfall. How is this not blatantly clear to you?
  • QuittoQuitto Member Posts: 10
    Beta here i come! (probably not monday( BUT STILL))

It's good to be bad.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    So how does $29.95 represent a 25% discount?
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

it will be 39.95 at launch.

• myrmxmyrmx Member Posts: 93
    i have a quick question i cant seem to find an answer to if anyone knows... i played DF1.0 for 3 month at start and left i would like to return but only if i can play on NA1 with my EU account i never xferred ( it says the xfer period is over on their website when i try) . Can a Na player play on EU or are they still separate.
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

it will be 39.95 at launch.

Which is basically more than the stated previously.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Anyone who has spent money in the past on Darkfall should have "beta" access w/o having to spend a dime til the game releases.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Anyone know if the beta has an NDA?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Anyone who has spent money in the past on Darkfall should have "beta" access w/o having to spend a dime til the game releases.

So you're saying anyone who ever bought a game... used the time allocated to the purchase of that game and decided not to pay any additional should be awarded charity at the idea they paid for a product and recieved what they paid for even though it's a new product now being released? I find your logic flawed as I purchased Darkfall back in the day and I had no expectations to ever recieve anything free from AV in the future as it has never been a thing companies do. I also owned EQ ! and EQII at launches... wonder if that means I should be awarded EQ NEXT!... would be cool but... no

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Hopefully all the whingers wont actually buy the game. If yout seriously bitching about getting the new game for free your not the type that will last in the darkfall community long.

Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

So you're saying anyone who ever bought a game... used the time allocated to the purchase of that game and decided not to pay any additional should be awarded charity at the idea they paid for a product and recieved what they paid for even though it's a new product now being released? I find your logic flawed as I purchased Darkfall back in the day and I had no expectations to ever recieve anything free from AV in the future as it has never been a thing companies do. I also owned EQ ! and EQII at launches... wonder if that means I should be awarded EQ NEXT!... would be cool but... no

Planetside 1 subscribers were given access to the Planetside 2 beta. It's a wise business decision. Your previous subscribers are your number one core base. Aventurine has it worse than most companies. A lot of people were burned by them in the past and convincing them to return should definitely be a top priority.

Originally posted by XAPGames
    Anyone know if the beta has an NDA?

Yes, i dont know if you get to sign something but you have been asked to cmmunicate only at the beta forums about the beta.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by wrekognize

So the general promise of  players who bought the client dont need to rebuy it is could be bnroken by Tssos and the gang by this wording.

Nowhere does it say this. You're assuming. They have clearly stated that you WILL NOT need to buy the game if you already bought DF1. Which would mean whether or not you get into Beta.

The price promotion they are refering to is for people who did not buy DF1

Well the offer (the one a while ago about vets not having to rebuy) as i understood it was like: When games launch at any point  i can go back and subscribe and have full access.

Now with AV changing the mind on Beta at realease day it would have feel natural if i could just participate in Beta  without further procedure. Then  when and if  game launches officially  and if i like to play a launched DF:UW i would need a sub.. 

The game didn't launch so why i need to sub NOW ?  i could do that any time AFTER launch.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

Try some reading comprehension-I said access to the beta not get the game free.And it really isnt a "new" product but an old product being reworked.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Correct me please if I am wrong, but I thought they announced that they were lowering the monthly sub fee. If so, then why is the pre order for returning players still 14.99 ?

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    I wish I could support this game, but as it stands until Tasos is removed from the company, I cannot trust the company with my financial information ever again.