Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online F2P

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Originally posted by jpnz

A PVE server in EVE-Online would be similar to having PVE server for PlanetSide2 or CounterStrike.

Doesn't fit at all.

If this is not true then why did CCP give china there own server ?

To market an MMO directly in China, Chineese authorities need to be able to censor content. Next question.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

EvE is already PvE, you know?

Untill someone starts shooting, that is.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by Rydeson

Could we all just try and get along, Im sure all the old vets would now go along with a PVE server. CCp gave China there own server so its not like there gonna preserve just one server.

Good idea.. a PvE server would definately be interesting, and something I would look into more..  IF EVE doesn't offer it, maybe newer ideas like "Elite Dangerous"  would..  Not every person wants to live in a PvP world.. Probably why CCP hasn't grown in the last 2.5 years.. Offering a new server to PvE minded players would open up a new market of players and have NO EFFECT on the current servers..

Oh god. Please stop already.

There is a PvE server in EVE already. It's called High Sec.

LOL, Humm I guess someone forgot to tell the Goonies ie: " Goonswarm " along with Suicide ganking. Concord can no longer protect anyone in High Sec.

Oh they protect it quite well. I would wager the ratio of ships lost in High sec between PvE and PvP somewhere around 100 to 1.

Seriously, if you manage to get suicide ganked in high-sec you're either extremely careless, extremely dumb or extremely unlucky.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

it's just that PVE people have to use their brains, and with the current generation -I can't go AFK for 3hrs watching Disney while I am sitting in a big hauler carrying a big phat cargo- it's heaven for those that do use 'em.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

it's just that PVE people have to use their brains, and with the current generation -I can't go AFK for 3hrs watching Disney while I am sitting in a big hauler carrying a big phat cargo- it's heaven for those that do use 'em.

Its not about using their brains, its about having a high boredom threshold.

Flying freighter 50 jumps is mindnumbingly boring. Tried it once and decided i wouldn't do it if i got the same hourly wage for it as i get in my real job.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Rydeson

Could we all just try and get along, Im sure all the old vets would now go along with a PVE server. CCp gave China there own server so its not like there gonna preserve just one server.

Good idea.. a PvE server would definately be interesting, and something I would look into more..  IF EVE doesn't offer it, maybe newer ideas like "Elite Dangerous"  would..  Not every person wants to live in a PvP world.. Probably why CCP hasn't grown in the last 2.5 years.. Offering a new server to PvE minded players would open up a new market of players and have NO EFFECT on the current servers..

Are you nuts?! A significant chunk of Eve's population would ABANDON the current servers for this safe PvE one, and the rate of people trying out the PvP one would drop catastrophically.

You really sound like you haven't tried the game very much Rydeson. So now I'm asking you directly: how long have you played Eve, and what exact activities did you participate in while you were doing it? I want you to prove to us that you have experienced Eve enough to be able to make statements like this and for us to listen to you. I want you to prove that you have truly seen and understood the delicate, complex and UNEQUALED logistical balances that Eve has with its current system by having experienced enough of what it has to offer. If you're brave enough, give me your character's name and I can look up the info myself.

Where's the any key?

A PvE server would not work, because there would be not enough destroyed ships and modules. Also entire branches of science and industry would be useless since they produce stuff thats only needed in pvp(like recons, blackops, CS, certain specialized t2 ships like vagabond etc).

So yeah, initially many would abandon tranquility, but in the end it would be the new PvE server that died once peopel realize that without a world thats in war, none of their production/research/mining efforts matter anything.

If you want to know how playign on a EvE PvE server feels like, try playing on the test server.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

PvE server in EVE = ppl getting bored with PvE, with billions of ISK sitting in their pockets, nothing to do with it. No PLEX available on market. People leaving EVE or start demanding server transfers (to PvP server).

In EVE you farm ISK to later (sometime in distant future, you keep telling yourself) spend it all on PvP.

People sell PLEX for ISK so they could spend that ISK on PvP.

Cheers.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Rocketeer

A PvE server would not work, because there would be not enough destroyed ships and modules.

There is more ships being destroyed in high sec then there are ships destroyed in 0.0.

Juts some food for thought...

Originally posted by Gdemami

A PvE server would not work, because there would be not enough destroyed ships and modules.

There is more ships being destroyed in high sec then there are ships destroyed in 0.0.

There is alot of PvP going on in highsec with RvB, faction warfare and normal wars. Not to mention alot of new players loosing ships due to stupid mistakes while running missions for the first time, low value ships that highly skilled industrialists don't even bother with producing as a main income.

My corp is heavily into T2 and T3 ship production, and our main customers are PvPers. Mission runners don't need 3 enyos, 2 deimos and a eos per week. Well maybe some do but they would be terribad. I can count the amount of (nonfrigate)ships i have lost to pve on one hand, and thats in 8 years. Thats not enough for an entire industry even if there are 100k players like me.

I mean seriously guys, how many T3, Marauders or faction BS have you people lost to pve? Most i know get very good mileage out of these.

There is alot of PvP going on in highsec with RvB, faction warfare and normal wars. Not to mention alot of new players loosing ships due to stupid mistakes while running missions for the first time, low value ships that highly skilled industrialists don't even bother with producing as a main income.

My corp is heavily into T2 and T3 ship production, and our main customers are PvPers. Mission runners don't need 3 enyos, 2 deimos and a eos per week. Well maybe some do but they would be terribad. I can count the amount of (nonfrigate)ships i have lost to pve on one hand, and thats in 8 years. Thats not enough for an entire industry even if there are 100k players like me.

I mean seriously guys, how many T3, Marauders or faction BS have you people lost to pve? Most i know get very good mileage out of these.

I'm pretty much considering not even insuring my PvE BCs anymore. It's mostly just a net loss because to blow one up you have to f up big time.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

What eve needs now is even more NPC AI upgrades from the ones that this expansion released to eliminate the PvE/PvP ships and fits so that whether you're fighting a player or NPC your ship should be roughly fitted the same, which I recall they discussed at the last fanfest.

Less NPC ships in a mission but a lot smarter NPCs.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

You people are out of your minds if you ever think CCP is going to make a PVE server. The entire concept of EVE would crumble without PvP. There would be no ships being blown up to drive the markets! /facepalm

If you want to PVE why not just stay in highsec and be smart?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

There is alot of PvP going on in highsec with RvB, faction warfare and normal wars. Not to mention alot of new players loosing ships due to stupid mistakes while running missions for the first time, low value ships that highly skilled industrialists don't even bother with producing as a main income.My corp is heavily into T2 and T3 ship production, and our main customers are PvPers. Mission runners don't need 3 enyos, 2 deimos and a eos per week. Well maybe some do but they would be terribad. I can count the amount of (nonfrigate)ships i have lost to pve on one hand, and thats in 8 years. Thats not enough for an entire industry even if there are 100k players like me. I mean seriously guys, how many T3, Marauders or faction BS have you people lost to pve? Most i know get very good mileage out of these.

Good for you, however it does not even remotely touch the point I made...

Corporation and Faction warfare doesn't stop when you enter highsec.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.

Originally posted by VassagoMael

...so?

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by VassagoMaelCorporation and Faction warfare doesn't stop when you enter highsec.

...so?

You don't really believe that all those ships destroyed in high-sec are being destroyed in PvE, do you?

...so?

And high-sec is densely populated. My point is that the vast majority of those people dying in high sec is the result of consentual pvp, not suicide ganking. If you use common sense it is very unlikely that you will ever be suicide ganked. EVE is harsh and the stupid are punished.

When I first started playing I couldn't comprehend why CCP allowed the scammers in Jita. Now, several years in, I get it. It adds a unique flavor to an amazingly dynamic game universe. Of course as soon as I see one I just block them, and then Jita local becomes a wonderful place, just like any other populated system.

EVE is not for children or childish people. Is is not for those who are easily offended by rude people. It is not for people who worship their shinies, as the more you polish your precious, the more likely there is to be a group of people out there plotting to take your precious from you. The saddest part is that people spend hundreds of real dollars to "pimp out" their mission ship and it is totally unnecessary.

My point is that the vast majority of those people dying in high sec is the result of consentual pvp, not suicide ganking.

It isn't. Vast majority of player ship loss in high sec is in PVE. Almost as many ships are lost in high sec PVE as are lost ships in 0.0 PVP.

My point is that the vast majority of those people dying in high sec is the result of consentual pvp, not suicide ganking.

It isn't. Vast majority of player ship loss in high sec is in PVE. Almost as many ships are lost in high sec PVE as are lost ships in 0.0 PVP.

Source?

Where are all these explosions happening? First up, let’s take a look by security group:

PVP             PVE              Total

High Sec             1,974,022     6,317,926     8,291,948

Low Sec               4,126,911       510,683     4,637,594

Null Sec                7,061,988       568,353     7,630,341

Wormhole Space    377,786      162,126        539,912

13,540,707   7,559,088  21,099,795

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3235

Wow! I guess I have severely overestimated the PvE skills of an average EVE player. Good lord...

In any case, it looks like in total the PvP losses are still higher than PvE, although much closer than I would have thought.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Where are all these explosions happening? First up, let’s take a look by security group:

PVP             PVE              Total

High Sec             1,974,022     6,317,926     8,291,948

Low Sec               4,126,911       510,683     4,637,594

Null Sec                7,061,988       568,353     7,630,341

Wormhole Space    377,786      162,126        539,912

13,540,707   7,559,088  21,099,795

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3235

oh no.. how can that be?  Some were ranting earlier that EVE shouldn't and can't have PvE content, because it will destroy the game..  hmmmmmmm  /snicker

Originally posted by tom_gore
    Wow! I guess I have severely overestimated the PvE skills of an average EVE player. Good lord...In any case, it looks like in total the PvP losses are still higher than PvE, although much closer than I would have thought.

There are still few blanks and inaccuracies such as rookie ships destroyed and ships lost in tutorial missions etc.

However, the point is tho, that most people do not see EVE in bigger picture and dynamics of empire space.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    What if a player is ganked while he is killing rats/sleepers and it's an NPC the one who deal the final blow? Is that considered a "pve loss"? :-P

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran