Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no luck in corp chat

localhero95localhero95 Member Posts: 16

Trying desperatly to get into this game after hearing how deep and impressive it was. Haven't had any luck in the corp recruitment channel, so I decided to come on here. My main interest is pvp, but I've read enough about eve to know I won't be doing anything to exciting for the first couple of months about, so I'm more interested in earning money in the short term, but in the long run I'd like to get into pvp/lowsec/nullsec/gang warfare. 

My in-game name is Mr Hum. I'll be on for a couple more hours if you want to contact me in-game

Comments

• WorrynotWorrynot Member Posts: 14
    What do you mean haven't had any luck? It's almost impossible NOT to get a corp throug that channel in my experience :o
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

No disrespect Mr. Hum but it is not a good idea to post ones ingame name with new bounty system expansion just released. Just saying i would not. Go to CCP EvE forums and see who might be hireing. Trust no One. Be prepared to lose everything when you undock.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by localhero95

Trying desperatly to get into this game after hearing how deep and impressive it was. Haven't had any luck in the corp recruitment channel, so I decided to come on here. My main interest is pvp, but I've read enough about eve to know I won't be doing anything to exciting for the first couple of months about, so I'm more interested in earning money in the short term, but in the long run I'd like to get into pvp/lowsec/nullsec/gang warfare. 

My in-game name is Mr Hum. I'll be on for a couple more hours if you want to contact me in-game

There's a recruitment section on the official forums. I would start there. Plenty of ads every day.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91
    You don't need to wait a few months to do pvp, with an attitude like that there exists a serious danger that you will never feel ready and will always postpone it, too many Eve players have gone down that road. The sooner you get your feet wet and lose a couple of cheap ships, the better. Join some Faction Warfare faction, you can make some good money there and pvp in small cheap ships to your hearts content. Ask around (in Recruitment or help channels, repeatedly if need be) for a good corp with some focus on newbies doing FW, there should be a few decent ones.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Oh yeah that too. With less than a week's training you will have all the skills to fit a PvP frigate. Sure it's not as effective as a max skill frigate, but it will get you invaluable experience that you will not get in five years of "getting ready to PvP" in high-sec.

They just made some changes to FW. Join it and look for novice plexes, they only allow T1 and Faction frigates in, so you will not be much behind. Should meet a lot of other noobs aswell and as said, you might actually gain some money, which is not that common in PvP.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    There's also an improved corp finder system that lets you filter exactly the type of corps you're looking for.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       Just head out to low/no sec space in your starter ship..that way you can experince all the fun of gettting vaporized and/or staring at a jumpgate waiting for something to happen all for free  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by localhero95

(1) Have you completed the tutorials?

(2) Are you subscribed?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

No disrespect Mr. Hum but it is not a good idea to post ones ingame name with new bounty system expansion just released. Just saying i would not. Go to CCP EvE forums and see who might be hireing. Trust no One. Be prepared to lose everything when you undock.

I wonder what it's like to be so scared of a game?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

I wonder what it's like to be so scared of a game?

I can raise my pulse by thinking of pvp in Eve