Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I buy the box version....

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

How much extra should I download?

I only have 2mbit..

you cant play this game while you download like WoW and Rift right?

Comments

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    It might take a while even off a disc, but eventually you'll have it all.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Yes I am aware of that.

But how much would I need to download,

plus is it possible to play without having downloaded the whole game, like Rift and WoW and so on?

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Yes I am aware of that.

But how much would I need to download,

plus is it possible to play without having downloaded the whole game, like Rift and WoW and so on?

I have no idea how much.

But no you can't do a download as you play with this title.

It's fully updated, or needs to patch.

Hope you can get it going though!

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

How much extra should I download?

I only have 2mbit..

you cant play this game while you download like WoW and Rift right?

Stop any downloads you might have going on and download during the night time - by the time you get back from work the day after it should be ok :-)

Just my 2 cents...

My TSW install takes up 36.1 gigabytes currently, though the install said it would require around 15.  Maybe there is a bit I can delete but not sure on that yet.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I had 2 megabit connection not so long ago... Usually I just left this kind of games download trough night and next day when I got on computer it was ready to go :)

I think that's the best way of downloading so it doesn't hog up your internet connection (or to other members of your family who are online at that same time).

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

2Mb or 2MB   ? I have 250kb/s that translates to 2Mb and I played beta , also got far far larger games downloaded

Simpl gota be "creative" download large patches while you sleep.  if youre download speed is 2000kb/s (roughtly 2MB) that translates to 16Mb isp connection

250kb/s aint bad btw, good enough for gaming, just a bit slow on the downloads.

Originally posted by korent1991

I had 2 megabit connection not so long ago... Usually I just left this kind of games download trough night and next day when I got on computer it was ready to go :)

I think that's the best way of downloading so it doesn't hog up your internet connection (or to other members of your family who are online at that same time).

My machine is near my bed and makes alot of noise:P

Is there a torrent version? Then I could grab it fast through my phone at my GF house wheres my phone is connected to her 10mbit.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by korent1991

My machine is near my bed and makes alot of noise:P

Is there a torrent version? Then I could grab it fast through my phone at my GF house wheres my phone is connected to her 10mbit.

Why not just download the whole client at her place and then just copy the client folder and paste it to your phone or a portable HDD?

It's easier :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Well I just bought it from the local store and had to download 6 gigs. I could survive that :)