Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will Blizzards new game (Titan) be?

13»

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by fayknaym
    Will be incorporating many social elements. A deep emphasis on socialization and such, and integration with real world.

Kotick finally scores his facebook dream.  Certainly a title for surly old curmudgeons to avoid.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

What doese everyone think Titan will be?

Is it vapor ware? World of Warcraft 2?

I believe it could be World of Warcraft 2. I dont see a reason for them to drift from their cash cow.

Wow with new graphics would be epic.

Ideas below.

* Add a web cam function to add or faces to our toons.

Meh... I wouldn't use it , but others will.

* Add a microphone voice communication. See a person in a city just click on them press v and you can real voice chat.

Will require some great coders to build it and will raise the costs for the gaming development.

* Ability to dye armor.

old news games have been doing this for awhile, btu still will be welcomed.

* New playable races like Minotaurs and Zombies.

Er maybe you're heard of the races called "Tauren and Undead".

* Player housing and ship building.

Old again as this has bee going on  for a long time even in older mmos 10 years old. See FFXI, EQ, and Vanguard. still nice to see it.

In all wow2 needs more features than that to attract players from WoW1. If its going to be WoW2 make it a prequal thousands of years in the past or future not the same present timeline everyone is dead!

Me personally i wouldn't play WoW2 unless there are some Large significant changes to MMO's. I loved WoW before but the fun isn't there for me anymore. It treated me good up till 2-3 years ago.

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

I'm not sure which setting, though I would agree with Sci-fi, but I'm pretty sure I know why they haven't said anything.

One, they don't have to push it with 10M subs for "that other game".

Two, they are known to take forever to release anything.

Three, they probably did an "oh, ^%@$!" at the market and it was most likely a themepark game like WoW so they are "reimagining" the game with this in mind.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say it's a Sci-fi game that has procedurally generated worlds.  You can visit and be a part of these planets from space where you land on the ground like other world-based MMOs.  Housing? HA! I have my own planet with generated cities, outposts and NPCs! Maybe it's just a marsh planet and I move on.  Spaceships, expanding universe, maybe some high tech steampunk type tie in to magic and fantasy weapons.  Player made content would be fantastic.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I've only heard rumors and most from way back. Word was it was more along the lines of sci-fi (no way confirmed) with more fps style play or so called "modern-mmo controls" what ever the f#ck that means. It's stressed to be a totally original IP by Bioware. Supposed leaks came out of contractors in Korea with animation stills but frankly could be for any of their games. Some though original sci-fi'ish art while others attached it to perhaps Star Craft series or something.

Basically hell if I know :)

You stay sassy!

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    its gonna be another WoW clone LOL
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I've only heard rumors and most from way back. Word was it was more along the lines of sci-fi (no way confirmed) with more fps style play or so called "modern-mmo controls" what ever the f#ck that means. It's stressed to be a totally original IP by Bioware. Supposed leaks came out of contractors in Korea with animation stills but frankly could be for any of their games. Some though original sci-fi'ish art while others attached it to perhaps Star Craft series or something.

Basically hell if I know :)

Bioware = EA, Blizzard = Activision. So safe to say that your comment on IP ain't happening!

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by SlothnChunk
    Originally posted by birdycephon

Actually, I heard rumor it's going to be steampunk-based.

Enjoy.

Yea Darkwatch...which mixes steampunk, western and horror.

Oh man.... *anything* but steampunk!!  I hate that stuff.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

* New playable races like Minotaurs and Zombies.

So basically Tauren and Undead? lol

LOLZ, so true hehe

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

It's a new IP - we know that for a fact as Blizzard have confirmed that several times, everything else is just piss in the wind.

My hope is for an MMORTS, we've yet to have a real MMORTS with any real sense of persistance, as with WoW I think Blizzard is shape the future of the MMORTS if they do it. 

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

Pessimistic: A on-rails game that's simple to learn and simple to master with little complexity and barely any thought required. If they go this route then they'll probably make it multi-platform, maybe for the next generation of consoles. Free to play with RMAH and cash shop.

Optimistic: I hope they've decided to make a sandboxy space MMO with exploration and opportunity for players to be creative on planets and other objects in space they discover.  Minecraft has shown that many people love building things, I see alot of potential for more of that aspect to be added in an MMO. The game would ideally have a deep crafting system and PvP with focus on fighting over valuable resources, control over areas in space aswell as on planets. Subscription without RMAH/cash shop ideally, or buy to play with fluffy item cash shop.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    as long as it's not sci-fi.  i will check it out.  i hope it's sandbox-ish.
  • CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

The Lost Vikings Online ™

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Stuff that I can't find documented anymore, due to being on the original WoW forums, that might or might not still be true:

1.  They said it was aimed at the casual market rather than the hardcore MMO market.  This was back before WoW itself was converted to a very casual game, so I don't know how relevant that comment is anymore.  The way it was mentioned was like it was meant to be a social MMO rather than a raid or dungeon MMO.

analyst claimed Titan was a "casual mmo" last year - 2011   (well after WOW had gone casual)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35517/Analyst_Sees_Encouraging_Diversification_At_Activision_Blizzard.php#.UMofp6zARSM

things change all the time

until Blizzard makes a formal announcement, nothing is set in stone

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Caldicot

The Lost Vikings Online ™

I played the heck out of LV.  Seems like ages ago.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

Considering that Mr. Kotick the CEO of Activision stated that in his opinion the future of gaming is in apps and that Blizzard hired an advertising executive to the developement team im thinking itll be more in line with a modern day to Futuristic MMO. Think maybe blade runner or cyberpunk style possibly? itll be playable from your mobile device through apps and  have advertisements in it. 

This is of course all hypothetical considering that Blizzard has always been tight lipped about its projects after giving them code names. However I do agree with manyhere that it will probably not be a fantasy based game since they would be competing directly with games like Citadel of Sorcery and Star Citizen  if they keep to tradition and miss thier estimated release date my months.

Then again I would love to see a Star Craft MMO style game. We dont have many space MMO's that fully intergrate MMO and RPG functions. Even Chris Roberts states that Star Citizen wont be an MMO even though players can play together online in a massive universe and even impact said universe throught thier actions. i would love to play a brood and be part of a massive zerg with hundreds of other players as we compete for control of the galaxy. but alas, this is all a dream. Blizzard stopped listening to players several years ago, what better evidence could there to this than that annoyingly disappointing Diablo 3?

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• D-IceD-Ice Member Posts: 4
    Noly time will tell what Blizzards new game will be
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I think it will be the most luxurious and magnificent game to ever venture out. I think that there will be a crucial design flaw that will cause the entire project to sink after hitting an "iceberg" that exposes the critical flaw during it's "maiden voyage".  People will make a sappy love story about it 90 years later.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by coretex666nt).

What makes me concerned is that the game has been in development for how long already...4...5 years?

its been 5 years since the new mmo was confirmed

http://www.1up.com/news/blizzard-confirms-mmo-development