Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the daily life of a free user

stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

1) login, hoping to get some excitement and thrills

2) get aimbot killed by someone (everyone?)

3) die by rocket pods

4) get spawn killed instantly

5) try an infiltrator to stay back from the battle and thinking you are not seen, damn, auto killed from unknown source.

6) get in a vehicle thinking they have more protection, damn, rocket pods again.

7) join a squad, damn no one gives a shit and they are spread across all continents even if it's an "esamir" only squad

8) damn, capturing bases in a zerg is the only way to make certs, boring.

9) can't fly air vehicles, die in 10 seconds from anti-air and lock-on missles

10) deploy into battle zone for instant action, damn auto killed

11) can't repair anything as engineer cause infiltrators auto kill you

12) can't revive players cause you get auto killed at 20% of the way

13) can't play heavy cause the shield does crap and you die instantly

honestly that's all i can think of off the top of my head. why the hell do people play this game? it's so skewed beyond belief.

the ONLY fun i've had as a free player is spawning a MAX infantry. since so many play engineers i get healed quick and they have decent weapons against infantry and vehicles for not paying anything extra. i just may have to invest in MAX, but i feel like i already failed the game by spending so much of my certs into infiltrators that are useless beyond means.

Comments

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I'm a subber and that about sums up my day too. :|
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

some are just luckier than others

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395
    The tittle woulb better be "The daily life of a noob".
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by LoboMau
    The tittle woulb better be "The daily life of a noob".

Then share some advice or have a hot cup of STFU.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Ok.  :)

1- choose a good squad.

2- Practice your skill

3 -use what  u think is the best Class for u.

4- Keep in mind that fresh players die...alot! 

5- have Fun! :)

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Out of 3 days playtime I have come across maybe 2 aimbotter's who where quickly reported.

I think your main problem is you are not with an outfit and trying to play the game solo. This game is ok solo in the right situations but you are in for a rough ride. Hell my outfit has each ohters backs and playing alone is crap in comparison.

If you want PS2 to be more fun get with a good outfit. If on Mattherson and Vanu then I can get you in a good outfit it may change your mind about the game.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'm new to FPS.....somedays run like you said but it's not always that way. When it does I go to a different guy/faction/server and enjoy my freebie game there.  I get certs when I am logged out..what could be better than that? Time will be the great equalizer. Is it perfect ? No, but it's free.  For free, I am willing to play a nameless grunt, to be farmed like a Pickett in SWG.... Remeber It's free.
  • rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Keep in mind that it works the same for everyone.  People can buy access to new weapons, but the improvements are relatively minor.  Subscribers get experience quicker, but the things you can get with it result in very small improvements.  Nothing can be bought or earned that makes any other player twice as powerful as you. 

I die all the time.  Occasionally though, I manage a  small streak of killing that makes it worth while.  You should never expect a kill ratio better than 1-1.  Other people trying just as hard as you are on the other end of those characters you are trying to kill. If you do manage a better ratio though, you know you are doing pretty well.  This isn't a pay to win game.  Also, I hear a bit about cheaters, though they can't be as pervasive as they are made out to be.  I don't die to headshots every time.  I kill my target almost as often as he kills me - so if everyone is cheating, they are really bad at it.

One last note:  If you die twice in a row in the same way, try a different tactic.  I know you were exaggerating to make a point, but don't get so pessimistic.  There is no way that you, me, and other non-subscribers die immediately all the time, no matter what we try or do.  The game is pretty fair.

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43

3) die by rocket pods

6) get in a vehicle thinking they have more protection, damn, rocket pods again.

this 1000s times

game is awesome

but something needs fixed there

vehicles are weak yet some how overpowered least air

very annoying getting shot down all the time. and also annoying getting stalked by esfs as infantry

they talking about buffing AA.

which makes no sense.

seeing as half the time you go into combat with an esf you are shot down almost instantly

dont get me wrong i know its a very team game

so running around solo you will die a lot.

i guess if i was ranked higher id be better off. but thats another thing altogether.

shouldnt i have a fair shot fighting a battle rank 50 at battle rank 7 guess not unless spend some monies.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

One of the key things about the game is Location, Location, Location, Location and LOCATION.

why location? because location alot of times will matter if you have the advantage in the situation or dont.

are being rocket spammed and it has a huge lacking amount of protective AA around the area? change location. much like changing locations when, and IF you come across a Bolt Driving NC sniping Scum bag,  or a TR Light Assault Roof hopping jerkoff, even worse if they have a shotgun.

A person can be BR 99 and still get farmed if they assumed nothing trivial is going to kill them whethering being rocket spam, tank spam, c4 spam, max spam, sniper spam, whichever-- Spam is bad, dont eat it.

Once you understand location and the ebb and flow of the battle itself, youll be the one doing the farming, and they'll be the ones screaming how they should nerf x because y doesnt understand location.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155
    AIM
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

I'm with the OP on this one.  I tried this game out the other day and I could literally not play.  Every single place I deployed to I would INSTANTLY INSTANTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

get one hit by some fucking guy from out of nowhere. Literally boots would hit the ground and BANG you are dead.

so fuck this game

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Sorry to say this but i think you are just newbie, im a free user and i dont experience your problems that often.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

1. Load into Indar, droppod to The crown, 1mg kill, 1 -3 grenade kills, running right into the enemy base, giraffing 2 - 10 people with the knife, die to some guy getting a clue.

2. Respawn at nearest sunderer, zoom in , press q, shoot a few rounds, 2 sniper kills, 4 spot bonus points. Storm uphill in front of the zerg, kill 2 more guys, die due to running into the front of the enemy zerg.

3. run westward and join up from the flank side, kill vanus who want to join the TR vs NC CROWNSIDE.

4. Giraffe into the Vanu sunder area, c4 it, knife kill a few more, die due to noob dropping a grenade and killing you and 3 more of his own team.

5. rinse and repeat for a few hours.

6. Log of happy with a few hundred kills a lot of deaths and a shitload of fun.

• NightgroperNightgroper Member Posts: 76

So I have to ask, does the game get better or become less of a hot mess, when you take the time to watch those tutorial videos they suggest, after you waited 20 minutes to get into the server, and now they want you to log out?

Yes, I do have chip on my shoulder about that.

The only fun time I had was joining the giant zerg convoy line, and got lucky enough to be on a mounted gun, actually the ride was kind of fun itself, because I felt like I had a dirction then.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    War is hell you will die a lot

Everyone dies a lot
    The only real valid complaints here are hackers, although I still encounter less of them than in gw2, csgo, war & well most online games.

And upgraded aircraft with gunners. They need an aa infantry class I reckon.
    How to level fast if your not that good at fps.

Make an engineer, put certs into sunderer so it fan be used as a spawn point and a reload / weapon swap point, drop ammo packs, repair maxes. Or work on improving the gunship

Make a medic, heal people, put certs into the rez grenades, grenade capacity and a long range scope.

Make an infiltrator, put points into hacking, cloaking, a shorter range weapeon / scope and cap points.

Make a light, put points into jet pack and long range scope, fly up to hidden spots, press q while scoped to spot lots of targets. Or get a shotgun, and go cap base points. Get c4 for drop bombing tanks because its fun.

Get a heavy, invest in anti air weapons or mines - go kill vehicles or aircraft. Or work on defences and team with a medic - Tf2 style and machine gun people down.

Another fun one I've not seen other people do, get a gun for the little quad bike, you can be really annoying on that, laying fire while been hard to hit, and very cheap to spawn one.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

" WALL TURRETS "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by stygianapoth

3) die by rocket pods

5) try an infiltrator to stay back from the battle and thinking you are not seen, damn, auto killed from unknown source.

7) join a squad, damn no one gives a shit and they are spread across all continents even if it's an "esamir" only squad

honestly that's all i can think of off the top of my head. why the hell do people play this game? it's so skewed beyond belief.

the ONLY fun i've had as a free player is spawning a MAX infantry. since so many play engineers i get healed quick and they have decent weapons against infantry and vehicles for not paying anything extra. i just may have to invest in MAX, but i feel like i already failed the game by spending so much of my certs into infiltrators that are useless beyond means.

You are literally admitting that you suck hard at this game. I'm not a top FPS player as I usually dont play them except for games like Borderlands mostly, and only thing I can agree with you is the rocket pods, because I've been killed by rocket pods for a whopping two (2) times.

No such things even exist like "auto killed" or "unknown source" to begin with.

Second, do not repair vehicles out on open if there's enemies nearby or you will get killed ofcourse, do not revive people out on open if there's enemies nearby or you will get killed. You might ask next what's the purpose of revive if you cant use it, you CAN use it but not on the rushers who died out on the open unless there's cover. What about repairing? A vehicle does not only go forward, you can backpedal by pressing the "S" key on your keyboard to get behind the hill and THEN repair.

Also you dont get spawn killed because you change the spawn location and not re-spawn at the campsite forever like a robot. What about deploying? Well it IS a gamble, you take a serious risk at dying quick with deploy on many cases. Pro tip: you can maneuver your drop pod so try to steer it behind cover or misc spots.

You also dont get hit by lock on missiles because you slightly turn in low to medium speed to get the missile punk'd or just press the flare button. I've shot a whopping 179 lock-on missiles at air targets and I've got a crazy 10 or maybe dozen kills with the lock-on launcher because of dodging, flares, and low damage of the missiles.

Your OP reeks of trolling and bad playing, infiltrator only sucks if you cant aim or you play Terran Rep. and use the default sniper (first upgrade is 100 certs if I recall right, 250 tops), you said your self you get killed by infiltrators while repairing, I guess those guys knows how to aim then? I cant recognize the game from your OP so there must be something wrong with you too and not the game alone.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by Kuinn

3) die by rocket pods

You are literally admitting that you suck hard at this game. I'm not a top FPS player as I usually dont play them except for games like Borderlands mostly, and only thing I can agree with you is the rocket pods, because I've been killed by rocket pods for a whopping two (2) times.

No such things even exist like "auto killed" or "unknown source" to begin with.

Second, do not repair vehicles out on open if there's enemies nearby or you will get killed ofcourse, do not revive people out on open if there's enemies nearby or you will get killed. You might ask next what's the purpose of revive if you cant use it, you CAN use it but not on the rushers who died out on the open unless there's cover. What about repairing? A vehicle does not only go forward, you can backpedal by pressing the "S" key on your keyboard to get behind the hill and THEN repair.

Also you dont get spawn killed because you change the spawn location and not re-spawn at the campsite forever like a robot. What about deploying? Well it IS a gamble, you take a serious risk at dying quick with deploy on many cases. Pro tip: you can maneuver your drop pod so try to steer it behind cover or misc spots.

You also dont get hit by lock on missiles because you slightly turn in low to medium speed to get the missile punk'd or just press the flare button. I've shot a whopping 179 lock-on missiles at air targets and I've got a crazy 10 or maybe dozen kills with the lock-on launcher because of dodging, flares, and low damage of the missiles.

Your OP reeks of trolling and bad playing, infiltrator only sucks if you cant aim or you play Terran Rep. and use the default sniper (first upgrade is 100 certs if I recall right, 250 tops), you said your self you get killed by infiltrators while repairing, I guess those guys knows how to aim then? I cant recognize the game from your OP so there must be something wrong with you too and not the game alone.

Actually maybe it isn't that he sucks bad at this game. he could be running into the same thing many other people run into. Bad hit detection and rendering issues. Those auto kills could be his client not even showing him the people that are shooting at him. The rendering issue is a pretty big issue on the main forums. I was just in a fight this morning with a max and he was popping in and out of my rendering engine and he was only 2 feet away from me. I did get the kill on him, but I could only hurt him when he was actually being rendered on my screen.

The word FREE in the thread title gives it away. The op thinks he's a better player than he actually is and everyone else has paid for some magic I WIN button, because he couldn't possibly be doing this bad.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

3) die by rocket pods

First FPS?

Been this way FOR EVER, in terms of online FPS games. I was spawn camping on a "486" machine, before the very first Pentimum, lets say circa 1993...........

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Four0Six

3) die by rocket pods

First FPS?

Been this way FOR EVER, in terms of online FPS games. I was spawn camping on a "486" machine, before the very first Pentimum, lets say circa 1993...........

You must update your picture i have.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Petition to change thread title to " the daily life of a terrible player"

/signed

also, you cant play engineer becuase you said they get auto killed, but then state you enjoyed a MAX since theres so many engineers to heal you....which one is it?

oh and for all you nooby-noobs...pay attention to what sunderer you respawn at.  the sunderer you just died at thats getting bombed by a liberator is a bad one to respawn at.  at good libby pilot/gunner will purposly avoid hitting a deployed sunderer and farm all the derps who respawn there. as will any other competant player whos is attacking a deployed sunderer. those things are money makers for the enemy if deployed in a bad location.