Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Players' Choice Awards

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Maybe it's just me but the Game of the year for the last 3 years has been a "Pick the least smelliest turd" contest. Oh well maybe next year something at least halfway decent will release.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Spartan, while I agree with your post, and neither game is a boring wow clone.

Wakfu is the most innovative game this year.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Bren,
    I picked the best mmo of the past 10 years for goty.

Unfortunately its nowhere near the top.
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Why is Storm Legion and Pandaria on the GOTY list but not Riders of Rohan?
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by Kabaal

Sadly the choices in some of the categories are lacking this year. It felt like choosing between "meh" and "ok". Star Citizen was however clear cut, can't wait to see what they do with the game.

What games would you have liked to see that we didn't have in there?

Not necessarily saying it should be there, but I am curious how D3 didn't end up on the hybrid list.

I'd be pretty surprised if you folks didn't at least discuss it. So I'm just wondering how you arrived at the decision to not include it.

• EvokerzEvokerz Member UncommonPosts: 37
    As of 12/12/2012, I think GW2 deserve its Most Innovation title because as of right now TSW followed and copied GW2 innovative revenue model B2P for MMO category which is proven to be highly successful, very popular, better than F2P, better than Freemium and better than P2P.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Heh, I voted for Pirate101. The combat system is definitely unique. The game is soso.. sooo addicting :-D. Makes all the other pirate games out look very weak!
  • neroistneroist Member Posts: 24
    GW2 has nothing on TSW in innovation. I played both. It is just GW2 was played by more and they voted for it cause they liked it.  NONE of my guildies or the people the people I run MMOs with are still in GW2 guild size 54 members. I think 1 stills plays GW2. TSW on the other hand has leaps and bounds in inovation. And alot of my friends and my first guild there in TSW are still there.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Maybe it's just me but the Game of the year for the last 3 years has been a "Pick the least smelliest turd" contest. Oh well maybe next year something at least halfway decent will release.

Bren

Yeah I agree...MMOs have just been awful the last couple of years....I think thats why f2p is becomeing so popular because nothing is worth paying for anymore.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by Kabaal

Sadly the choices in some of the categories are lacking this year. It felt like choosing between "meh" and "ok". Star Citizen was however clear cut, can't wait to see what they do with the game.

What games would you have liked to see that we didn't have in there?

How about fucking EVE Online? Wow you include WOW:MoP and RIFT but not EVE? Bullshit poll man.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

I voted.  Pretty much every questions I was going down the list and thinking NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, what no more options? Wish there was none of the above.

None of the games were innovative, people that still think GW2 was innovative drank way too much Kool-Aid.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    The Rising Star category makes no sense.  A few games (that arent mmorpgs) released, a few games that may never release, a game that probably wont be localized for a while, and a couple reboots of failed games.  I dont see any rhyme or reason to it.
  • wiser22wiser22 Member Posts: 1
    wtf is that p.o.s. WoW game doing on any of these lists?  Blizzard must have paid this website quite a bit to get their unworthy mmo on any of these lists.
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by wiser22
    wtf is that p.o.s. WoW game doing on any of these lists?  Blizzard must have paid this website quite a bit to get their unworthy mmo on any of these lists.

Well that seems quite obvious dont you think? Considering the whole background of the page is currently a WoW add. http://i.imgur.com/DGkDs.jpg

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I love how many people are mad that Gw2 and TSW are listed as most innovative... Out of all the options on the list.. they actually are the most innovative.

Originally posted by wiser22

Um, because its a high quality major 2012 release?  There are about 5 or 6 other games that would be booted before MoP gets booted.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Bren

I could never get this kind of outlook in life. Judging from your harsh words your taste must be on the other end of the spectrum, and if by next year the nominees are actually to your liking they will then be considered "a selection of turds" by the other camp.

Originally posted by KhinRunite

Bren

I could never get this kind of outlook in life. Judging from your harsh words your taste must be on the other end of the spectrum, and if by next year the nominees are actually to your liking they will then be considered "a selection of turds" by the other camp.

last year was pretty sad

this year has a lot of quality:  TSW, Storm Legion, GW2, MoP, PS2...all easily better than anything launched last year.

• djicedjice Member UncommonPosts: 7
    So many here have missed how GW2 is inovative... Name 1 other game where you can start killing a boss and have 100 other pple jump in and the boss not only gets harder but drops loot and exp for everyone attacking it when it dies.  They have almost eliminated the need for static groups.  Now if they would only make the dungoens open like the rest of the world we would all be happier.

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

I think Guild Wars 2 was reallly innovative.  It has created new features, and revitalized old/good ideas.   (TSW definitely was too, I just think not as much)

-Level Scaling

-Dynamic Event Scaling (Even if you don't like events, the scaling system is still innovative)

-Overflow Servers

-No Trinity

-B2P Model on AAA MMO 

-Reviving WVW (seriously how many of you still play DAoC)

-Combo Fields

-Very Much Horizontal Gear Progression (yes a small lapse with Ascended.)

Monthly content that absolutely no other company can keep up with.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Finit

I think Guild Wars 2 was reallly innovative.  It has created new features, and revitalized old/good ideas.   (TSW definitely was too, I just think not as much)

-Level Scaling

-Dynamic Event Scaling (Even if you don't like events, the scaling system is still innovative)

-Overflow Servers

-No Trinity

-B2P Model on AAA MMO 

-Reviving WVW (seriously how many of you still play DAoC)

-Combo Fields

-Very Much Horizontal Gear Progression (yes a small lapse with Ascended.)

Monthly content that absolutely no other company can keep up with.

you can say that again! oops..    nvm.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• IroncloudIroncloud Member Posts: 1

I voted for Club Penguin. #swagyolo

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Go Elder go!
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    My game of the year is The Secret World, easily. It's been a long time since an mmorpg has felt this fresh and "new". Storytelling, quests, graphics, GUI, the amount of details in world... Everything is damn nice change from the usual mindless fantasy clones that pop up. It's been a long time since I've been hooked in a game this much.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Gw2. Gw2. and Gw2.

More GW2.

FTW.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.