Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventurine needs accountability.

Darkfall is the best FFA Full Loot PvP game ever released. AV is terrible at business. The Fan base needs to set clear and strict rules that they want to be dealt with and there needs to be a punishment for not following simple business edict.

There should be at least 1 post every 7 days from AV.

There should be a monthly patch and patch day.

I do not know how to market this game to any of my friends. I am glad I did not talk any of them into playing it for the time being. With the push backs. MMO's are never finished. They are forever a work in progress. But to try to much is AV's motto. They need just monthly updates and to stand by their word. Please input on how to spread this simple idea like wild fire.

Comments

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Xenogos

Darkfall is the best FFA Full Loot PvP game ever released. AV is terrible at business. The Fan base needs to set clear and strict rules that they want to be dealt with and there needs to be a punishment for not following simple business edict.

I do not know how to market this game to any of my friends. I am glad I did not talk any of them into playing it for the time being. With the push backs. MMO's are never finished. They are forever a work in progress. But to try to much is AV's motto. They need just monthly updates and to stand by their word. Please input on how to spread this simple idea like wild fire.

what AV truly needs are people defending them no amtter what..... wait. Not targeting you, but there are people who are defending AV and will continue and act as if what happened yesterday wasn't a big deal.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    AV is accountable.  They are a business.
  • fredfourfredfour Member Posts: 8
    They ARE accountable, not in a way that you would like them to be but thay are and always have been, everything that they do has financial feedback.  this is the way they are affected the most, plain and simple.  if they did their things in order with realistic dates, planning and communication like any other gaming company or softeare developpement company they would have higher sales, we would have a bigger player base etc.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Love it when whiners make up 'rules' for AV to abide by. ONE POST EVERY 7 DAYS!!! Lordy.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Why do gamers constantly drag themselves into all this drama? Really why do we care this has been delayed? Does it infect your life in any way? Does it matter so much that a form of entertainment is not ready for you rigth now? I play the beta if I feel like paying the money or wait till release and see how poeple like it.  If that is going to be a year from now then so be it. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by SpikeKaboi

oh yeah! more raging 15 yr olds, ya'all grow some patience.

and ya, AV can do no wrong! lol

not saying they didnt do anything wrong but they honestly said it took till the last minuutes to get the info together but everyonethinks there lieing with no proof

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

From what I hear the game was delayed yet again for testing, I checked Dark Fall site it was still the same old site no update about UW.

Why they didn't leave Dark Fall open to the public is beyond me they should have actually sold their old game as a FREE 2 Play game with license rights to someone else or kept it open themselves.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    DF is good for what it is but the best? No! There has been better in the past. Now if they made it a MMORPG instead of strictly PvP would be a much better game. The PvP is just so so in DF not bad fun and exciting but not enough for any gamers who want more than just zerging around a world. There just isn't any depth and they took away some of that depth with their awesome themepark features they are adding...:(.
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Their communication leaves a lot to be desired but everyone needs to calm down already. This their track record why all the surprise? I still plan on giving the game a shot, the delay doesn't really bother me.
    Originally posted by Oberholzer
    Their communication leaves a lot to be desired but everyone needs to calm down already. This their track record why all the surprise? I still plan on giving the game a shot, the delay doesn't really bother me.

The action is not what is bothering people. It is the execution of the action that is pissing people off.

• fredfourfredfour Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Renoaku

From what I hear the game was delayed yet again for testing, I checked Dark Fall site it was still the same old site no update about UW.

Why they didn't leave Dark Fall open to the public is beyond me they should have actually sold their old game as a FREE 2 Play game with license rights to someone else or kept it open themselves.

Simply because they recycle everything, the NA server was the beta server recycled, the DFUW NA and EU servers will be recycled from the DF1.0 servers thus the old game data is gone, this is Aventurine for you

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    Dont like it, dont play it... next

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Xenogos

....thanks for that summary....so WHO are you again?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Oberholzer

I think it's because people are constantly deluding themselves into believing that "This time is the right time!", when it's clearly not.

I mean, AV has been slapping their players in the face since the inittial launch of the game and it works. Either players just never learn, or they're masochists. My guess is a little bit of both.

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by PK4TW

Pretty much this. image

Aventurine and Tasos will not change.  

They are slackers and inept.  

They make excuses for every issue and rarely accept blame.

They will chase away the vast majority of their player-base.  

Accept it.  

Basically don't trust a single thing that Tasos says, or types.  Only believe a fraction of what the official forums claim.  Then you should be good to go.

Despite that... occasionally there is fun to be had.  image

Originally posted by xzyax

Pretty much this. image

Accept it.  

Basically don't trust a single thing that Tasos says, or types.  Only believe a fraction of what the official forums claim.  Then you should be good to go.

The only thing you can believe of Tasos:

"Hi, I'm Tasos..."

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    The only thing AV is accountable to are investors. Investors saw dollars with the steam greenlight. They told AV that they no longer had to launch the game 12/12/12 and would be given more time to release the game on Steam simultaniously with the digital download launch. image

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149
    As much as they always delay the game and poeple complaining about it, you guys will still want to try the game and play it. Delay or not does it matter...you know the company how they are already, so you should really had it coming to you. Theres no one to blame but yourself for having expectation. 
  • PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

Aventurine is running a business in a country with one of the worst economies in the world.

It's really silly that a bunch of whiney mmorpg.com users go change their hype rating because of a delay. Boo-Hoo. You'd think a bunch of "hardcore" pvpers wouldn't be such big babies.

If Aventurine didn't have a beta with Darkfall 1, the game would have died right at the start from all the players exploiting the game mechanics. They still did a great deal of exploiting after release, but it could have been worse. Releasing a beta first is the smart decision and the people who changed their hype rating need to get a clue.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by PeZzy

Aventurine is running a business in a country with one of the worst economies in the world.

It's really silly that a bunch of whiney mmorpg.com users go change their hype rating because of a delay. Boo-Hoo. You'd think a bunch of "hardcore" pvpers wouldn't be such big babies.

If Aventurine didn't have a beta with Darkfall 1, the game would have died right at the start from all the players exploiting the game mechanics. They still did a great deal of exploiting after release, but it could have been worse. Releasing a beta first is the smart decision and the people who changed their hype rating need to get a clue.

Releasing a beta wasn't a decision IMHO, it was used as an excuse to push back the release date. They extensively beta test the 1st game and it was still released with exploit and bugs. If you think that a small beta of 1 month (from the PoV of AV since I really doubt the game will be released in January) is a smart decision and will improve the game a lot, I think its you that need to get a clue lol. At this point, I'm pretty sure the game will last as long as the first. Instead of releasing a "new version", they should've work on the original and fix the game altogether and prove us they can make a great game, that would've been THE smartest decision. But no, they prefer to show us how they might fail again. I was hoping for the best about this game with no expectations whatsoever but after seeing how nothing changed, I was a bit sad.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by xzyax

Pretty much this. image

Accept it.  

u hit the nail on its head