Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

12-12-12 - Will it really launch?

2»

Comments

  • hcoelhohcoelho Rio de JaneiroPosts: 529Member

    how dare you make a useless poll ?!  Come on, we are serious here. No time to waste. And you are making the fanboys mad with the negativity of the "no" choice, shame on you OP !  

    Bad bad poster, terrible useless and biased poll. 

     

    I rather have another delay than a fucking terrible release. DF1 release was a joke and the exploits killed the game big time, AV can't aford a second. 

     

     

     

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Aragon100

    I think you should look up the meaning of the word biased. You could say the poll isn't complete, but to say it is biased on a yes or no question?

    Besides, this is an opinion poll, there is a big differense between, can't possibly know and can't possibly have an opinion.

    Since nobody can possible know the poll is usless.

    Wouldn't that rinder all opinion polls useless as most of us are unable to see into the future or by default would they require a  "Duh...I dont know" option? image

    Again....There are only TWO possible outcomes, which are both listed. Clearly youre confused on the meaning of Opinion Poll and Bias.

     

    Whos going to win tomorrows big game?

    A. Team A

    B. Team B

    C. Duh...I dont know  image

     

    No, we are pretty clear on what a useful opinion poll where people can vote based on experience and preference,

    Yawn...stop being obtuse. I voted it will be delayed based on my past experiences with AV and their long history of missing deadlines.  Yet, my preference would be it released 12-12

     

    Your example seems equally "useless" and is in fact biased.   "Do you favor sandbox or theme park"   ( depends on the game, what if I like RTS or FPS? )

     

  • rockintylerrockintyler West Bend, WIPosts: 14Member

    Damn all you guys are bickering like a bunch of old ladies whether this is a good poll or not. Why don't you just answer the question based your own opinion/thoughts.

    I believe they will launch it on their current set release date given the fact that I'm hoping they learned from their past mistakes/experience and will actually launch it when they said they will instead of constantly pushing it back again.

  • SeronysSeronys Windsor, ONPosts: 43Member
    im assuming they started working on this game like 2 years ago, and the reason they havent released it is cause of it still needs some finishing touches, so i guess it would be out on the 12th. but... i still have no faith in AV.
  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by rockintyler

    Damn all you guys are bickering like a bunch of old ladies whether this is a good poll or not. Why don't you just answer the question based your own opinion/thoughts.

    I believe they will launch it on their current set release date given the fact that I'm hoping they learned from their past mistakes/experience and will actually launch it when they said they will instead of constantly pushing it back again.

    image or dont and keep on walking.  Crying about there not being a "I dont know option" is laughable.

     

     

    But on the flip side releasing it if its not ready is even worse.  They are already repeating the same mistakes from DFO.

  • KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,989Member Uncommon

    I think I'll wait to vote for 3 days 19 hours 27 minutes and 23 seconds until after someone who really might know shares more info with us.

    image

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

  • ManestreamManestream PrestonPosts: 633Member Uncommon
    I would rather it launch next year, that date is way too close to xmas, most gifts would have already been attained for people, and then there are always issue's when 1st launching a new game that can take a week or two to sort out, being that close it would be a strain on the staff and also if it is not smooth a strain on the game which will probably (more often than not) hurt it in the long run.
  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    I think I'll wait to vote for 3 days 19 hours 27 minutes and 23 seconds until after someone who really might know shares more info with us.

    image

    Yes, Because everything Tasos says is the truth. image

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Manestream
    I would rather it launch next year, that date is way too close to xmas, most gifts would have already been attained for people

    I think the whole christmas things is a non-factor.

    1. Many of us are getting the game for free

    2. There's been no mention of when the game will go on sale to the public

    3. Most people dont gift digital downloads that arent readily available (mainstream)

  • OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member

    No.  They will delay it once again and then hope doomsday rly happens so noone can be mad at them after this long vacation they had.

     

    On a serious note:  yes i believe it does launch on said date but that there just like df1 will be issues with purchasing the game because of a massive amount of players trying to get it at the same time unless they put it for sale on a date before launch (if they learned from df1 they will)

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Onigod

    No.  They will delay it once again and then hope doomsday rly happens so noone can be mad at them after this long vacation they had.

     

    On a serious note:  yes i believe it does launch on said date but that there just like df1 will be issues with purchasing the game because of a massive amount of players trying to get it at the same time unless they put it for sale on a date before launch (if they learned from df1 they will)

    that issues was fixed a long time ago

  • NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    You will know on the 13.12.2012  (i'am euro if the date confuses you)
  • karmathkarmath Posts: 829Member Uncommon

    Yeah its most likley going to be late. Their a indie developer who's creating a sandbox and not just another cancer clone and their country is in a state of utter shit to boot.

    Doesnt make me want to play the game any less or be negative in anyway about it.

    Want a sandbox? Quit bitching and wait for the very few people who actually give a shit about the genre to get it right.

  • FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vladamyre
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Can't vote on a bias poll, needs 3rd option "can't possibly know"

    I knew someone with the name of Fusion in wow, on the thunderlord server.

    That's not me, i don't use this nick anywhere but here (name was a brainfart back in 2003 when i was playing Neocron, it had fusion weapons and didn't want to use my "general" nick to maintain anonymity.)

    Currently playing: -

    Waiting for: Class4.

    Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

  • UhwopUhwop Wilm, DEPosts: 1,663Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    The real question is will it be release worthy when released.

     According to Dr. Phil,

    No, the game will be a mess when it releases, just like the original. 

    Hows that beta testing going?

  • KarahandrasKarahandras Sible HedinghamPosts: 1,673Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    The real question is will it be release worthy when released.

    This.

  • phantomghostphantomghost Atlanta, GAPosts: 694Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Can't vote on a bias poll, needs 3rd option "can't possibly know"

    Agree, poll i biased.

    It's a straight yes-or-no question. 

     

    Your poll lack the obvious option, "cant possibly know".

     

    I think you are unaware of what biased means.

     

    1. Show prejudice for or against (someone or something) unfairly: "the tests were biased against women"; "a biased view of the world".
    2. Influence unfairly to invoke favoritism: "her story failed to bias the jury"
    The question and answers do not show prejudice one way or another.
     
    The question is an opinion in the form of a yes or no question.   Just because you are unaware of what you think, does not make it biased. 
     
    If you cannot possibly know, don't vote...
     
    Yes, I believe it will be released 12/12/12 as someone stated it would be commercial suicide.
    photo SIG_zpszteuyd0ejpg
  • NoobkilarNoobkilar streator, ILPosts: 175Member
    I agree....what content is going to get sliced or not there at launch when promised. who knows.
  • NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    I#am not sure because of how the steam thing turned out.
  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    We have a clear answer now. I think the Dr. Phil discussion was interesting. Looks like most people got the right answer. Sadly, I'm not surprised.
  • NevulusNevulus Miami Beach, FLPosts: 1,288Member Uncommon

    The only thing surprising was how many people actually thought it would release on 12/12/12.

     

    Even after all the secrecy, people still defended the company and assured every1 it would release on 12/12/12. Guess they know better now.

  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by Nevulus

    The only thing surprising was how many people actually thought it would release on 12/12/12.

     

    Even after all the secrecy, people still defended the company and assured every1 it would release on 12/12/12. Guess they know better now.

    Yes, 55.9% were correct that DF:UW would not launch on 12/12/12. 

     

    Now, who thinks it will actually launch in "January sometime"? It will launch, and I will definitely give the new game a shot, but I know AV is just not good at keeping deadlines. But they have some great ideas for their game.

  • timtracktimtrack StockholmPosts: 414Member Uncommon
    My bet is on 13/13/13.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.