Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will Blizzards new game (Titan) be?

Comments

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

I'm expecting it to be a whole new game, hopefully a sci-fi mmorpg. After playing diablo, sc, and warcraft for 10-20 years, all 3 franchises are getting a little old.

I have no doubt it will be an improved mmorpg though and hopefully not be so dumbed down as they make most of their games now.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Darklotus79

Its going to be scifi with fantasy elements in it.  Also going to be browser based I do believe.  It was mentioned anyway.

Awhile back I read an interview about it. They didnt say much but they did say Scifi with fantasy elements thrown in.

browser based?

ohgawdpleaseno...

if this is true my hypemeter just dropped from 100 to minus 10

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    My best guess is Darkwatch.
  • poken1151poken1151 Member Posts: 9

A new IP would be cool. If they can take their experience with WoW, some of the twists/changes in other MMO's (for me, the questing system in GW2, or the questing cutscenes of SWTOR, etc) it could be a fine new IP, F2P cash advance and all... sadly... lol. As long as the cash model isn't "You pay, you king".

I still think they should just petition Nintendo and make a real time pokemone MMO. Hear that Blizz? I got Ideas... call me....

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125

After reading this post I wanted to search google and see if I could find any new info on titan and I came across a website that is dedicated to providing updates on news and rumors surrounding titan.  http://www.titaneverything.com/

A few bits that I found after browsing the site that I thought were interesting (though I don't know how authentic this information is):

• Will be incorporating many social elements. A deep emphasis on socialization and such, and integration with real world.
    • There was art and concept drawings of knight armor, futuristic-looking armor, and modern wear (e.g. “present day” suit and tie.)
    • There wasn’t any crazy-looking “fantasy” stuff. Instead, they were a lot more “realistic in appearance” (e.g. imagine 15th century medieval plate armor)
    • There were renders of modern-era guns, an old looking bolt-action rifle, and a futuristic-looking weapon.
    • None of the concept/render art was cartoony
    So it looks as if it will be a mix of a  past, present and future setting that is closer to the real word rather than high fantasy and will invovle time travel maybe?
  • SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by birdycephon

Actually, I heard rumor it's going to be steampunk-based.

Enjoy.

Yea Darkwatch...which mixes steampunk, western and horror.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214
    Start at lvl cap with Tier 4 raid gear, 10k in gold and an epic mount. All classes pwn.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    From what little I've heard it's going to be like second life.  You can be whatever you want, do whatever you want.  Want to be an Orc...that's cool.  Want to be a nerdy kid, you can do that too. Or Jim Raynor, or Deckard Cain, or Buzz Killington, or whatever you want.  It's going to be highly social game though, and not the level grinder that most games are.
  • AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

* New playable races like Minotaurs and Zombies.

So basically Tauren and Undead? lol

No they are different. 

Taurens have shorter horns.

God.....people are such n0obs

Sarcasm.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Karate Kittens, Samurai Squirrels, and Robo Rabbits in space with lazer swords and electric tonfa? Aimed at kids but ultimately played by 30 somethings?

It is a Blizzard title after all. And they are dippping into kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon riffs already.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

The only things I've heard so far (as to rumors) are:

1. It's an FPS

2. It's going to be similar to The Secret World

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    probably another solo campaing game lasting 3 days, with multiplayer rooms after finishing the solo campaign to attract former WoW-CoD fans.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    It's going to be all things that are good!
  • PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    It's going to be all things that are good!

After Diablo 3, it's hard to believe that Blizzard can bring good things. But everything is solved with a huge brainwashing advertisement.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    From what little I've heard it's going to be like second life.  You can be whatever you want, do whatever you want.  Want to be an Orc...that's cool.  Want to be a nerdy kid, you can do that too. Or Jim Raynor, or Deckard Cain, or Buzz Killington, or whatever you want.  It's going to be highly social game though, and not the level grinder that most games are.

i have read A LOT about this new MMo (Rumors mostly) and never heard anything like that.... Do you know something we all don't????

Just my 2 cents...

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

* Add a microphone voice communication. See a person in a city just click on them press v and you can real voice chat.

Imagine being forced to listen to random people's whiney voice in game.  I think I would rather be waterboarded.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

What will Blizzards new game (Titan) be?  ......... a huge hit like all their games.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513
    The greatest rip-off since Diablo 3.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by fenistil
    It will be BuyBox2Play+Optional Subsciption&Cash Shop Freemium style+RMAH.

This with a dash of pay to win.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Originally posted by fenistil
    It will be BuyBox2Play+Optional Subsciption&Cash Shop Freemium style+RMAH.

This with a dash of pay to win.

Lets not forget there ability to plagiarise, expect elements of FarmVille, League of Legends and anything else that has more players  than they currently have.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

What doese everyone think Titan will be?

Is it vapor ware? World of Warcraft 2?

I believe it could be World of Warcraft 2. I dont see a reason for them to drift from their cash cow.

Wow with new graphics would be epic.

Ideas below.

* Add a web cam function to add or faces to our toons.

* Add a microphone voice communication. See a person in a city just click on them press v and you can real voice chat.

* Ability to dye armor.

* Player housing and ship building.

Not vaporware.  They shifted their primary dev team for WoW over to it a few years ago.

It's not WoW 2, and Blizzard has stated it's not even designed to compete with WoW.

It's not WoW with new graphics.

Stuff that I can't find documented anymore, due to being on the original WoW forums, that might or might not still be true:

1.  They said it was aimed at the casual market rather than the hardcore MMO market.  This was back before WoW itself was converted to a very casual game, so I don't know how relevant that comment is anymore.  The way it was mentioned was like it was meant to be a social MMO rather than a raid or dungeon MMO.

2.  They said it's not based on any existing IP, which means it's not World of Starcraft or World of Diablo or anything like that.  Since it seems pointless to build up a new IP when you have existing popular ones in the same genre, I'd say it's a good chance that Titan will not be traditional fantasy, space sci-fi, or a "dark" theme.  Kind of narrows the options down a bit to stuff like present-day or near-present-day adventure.

3.  I recall them mentioning that Titan was a project name, and wasn't really the name of the game or IP or anything.  Just a code name.

You make me like charity

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87
    Hoping a mmofps in the likes of planetside, blizzard would be able to take a game like that much further than SOE.

Should be exciting that it should finally be reveaeled sometime next year, hopefully early.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

What doese everyone think Titan will be?

Is it vapor ware? World of Warcraft 2?

I believe it could be World of Warcraft 2. I dont see a reason for them to drift from their cash cow.

Wow with new graphics would be epic.

Ideas below.

* Add a web cam function to add or faces to our toons.

* Ability to dye armor.

* Player housing and ship building.

it will be focused around sth called "titan".

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Rumor is that its a new IP. But I admit, I would potentially love to play a well done Galaxy of StarCraft out of Blizzard.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Personally I wouldn't give a damn about their new mmo, its just going to be a clone of their blockbuster WoW anyway, mark my words just watch. It'll bascally be wow with better graphics. I'd actually maybe put money on it that this is what it will end up being.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!