Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you AV for the delay. (Not trolling)

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

With this delay, DF hype is going down. Archage is number 1 and DF might not win an award this year.

Wait for it...

DF UW pre-order will be limited. You know what this mean? It means that all DF UW loyal fans including me will spam F5 this friday to activate our accounts. My whole clan will be in game  and all the loyal fans will get in too. Our legendary names like xxx xxx will be secured and most of these wow, rift, GW2 players... will have to wait for the game to release. The steam dude are already mad about it. They want DF off steam so obviously, most of them wont be waiting this friday to get the game as early as possible.

So thank you AV for delaying again, for the last time hopefully. This will be the perfect timing to launch and i wont have to wait in a queu every time i will want to log back in game. We know what do expect from that game, the rest dont so they don't deserve that spot anyway.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

With this delay, DF hype is going down. Archage is number 1 and DF might not win an award this year.

Wait for it...

DF UW pre-order will be limited. You know what this mean? It means that all DF UW loyal fans including me will spam F5 this friday to activate our accounts. My whole clan will be in game  and all the loyal fans will get in too. Our legendary names like xxx xxx will be secured and most of these wow, rift, GW2 players... will have to wait for the game to release. The steam dude are already mad about it. They want DF off steam so obviously, most of them wont be waiting this friday to get the game as early as possible.

So thank you AV for delaying again, for the last time hopefully. This will be the perfect timing to launch and i wont have to wait in a queu every time i will want to log back in game. We know what do expect from that game, the rest dont so they don't deserve that spot anyway.

I've learned that if I say the things I want to say in response to this thread, that i'll get a temp ban....so, just know that i'm thinking things, nuff said.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    imo dfuw is just their 2nd chance to re-make a dream, hopefully they dont screw it up again
  • xenomonk6xenomonk6 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Elminzter
    imo dfuw is just their 2nd chance to re-make a dream, hopefully they dont screw it up again

agreed

• delimeat567delimeat567 Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by SirBalin

I've learned that if I say the things I want to say in response to this thread, that i'll get a temp ban....so, just know that i'm thinking things, nuff said.

I've reported your post. You deserve a temp ban for insulting the benevolent MMORPG.com overlords. LONG MAY THEY LIVE!!!!!

And I'm actually happy they are going to let us play a beta (which will be as good as a beta) rather than let us play a game (which will be as good as a beta).

Played: SWG, SWG:NGE, EQ2, Vanguard, LotRO, WoW, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Mortal Online, Rift, Guild Wars, Fallen Earth, EVE Online, Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, World of Tanks, Aion, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

I agree.  Yes I would have loved to be playing the game by this time tomorrow on the 12th ( my birthday too which would have made the best birthday present ever!), but I am glad they are at least truthful that the game isn't ready.  So many games have launched before being 'ready' that they just spiral downwards and never can regain the playerbase.  Diablo 3, Star Trek Online, Champion Online, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 2, and the list goes on, all in my eyes were released too early and didn't fix the game and listen to the community fast enough to bring me back to play them.  Each of these games maybe lasted me 1 month.  So much being done wrong with them being rushed out to just make a quick buck, but nothing worthwhile staying to play. 

I hope for the complete opposite with Darkfall, and hope that by pushing this back that they get things down straight, listen to the community during this beta phase, and fix everything up well that it really does blow your hair back in amazement.  Actually makes my hype a bit more in that I can be a part of helping them fine tune the game, before actually releasing it for good.  ALso gives me a chance to play the classes and see what I want to play first and get used to the game.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Agrias34

I agree.  Yes I would have loved to be playing the game by this time tomorrow on the 12th ( my birthday too which would have made the best birthday present ever!), but I am glad they are at least truthful that the game isn't ready.  So many games have launched before being 'ready' that they just spiral downwards and never can regain the playerbase.  Diablo 3, Star Trek Online, Champion Online, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 2, and the list goes on, all in my eyes were released too early and didn't fix the game and listen to the community fast enough to bring me back to play them.  Each of these games maybe lasted me 1 month.  So much being done wrong with them being rushed out to just make a quick buck, but nothing worthwhile staying to play. 

I hope for the complete opposite with Darkfall, and hope that by pushing this back that they get things down straight, listen to the community during this beta phase, and fix everything up well that it really does blow your hair back in amazement.  Actually makes my hype a bit more in that I can be a part of helping them fine tune the game, before actually releasing it for good.  ALso gives me a chance to play the classes and see what I want to play first and get used to the game.

think the only bad thing is waiting to long to annouce it, but maybe this was all decided monday and they got the approval tuesday from there investors

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Wait for it...

Yeah.....Were you even there the last time they offered a pre-order? Good luck! :P.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Yea, thx AV.

All other serious companies who do announce a scheduled open beta followed by a release (devilvered on time) are doing it all wrong. You do the right thing and announce a payed public beta at launch day. Thats how things should work.

errm... 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

I'm also happy about the delay and beta plan, good idea.

I'm just a bit pissed they left it this late to communicate. But hey, it's Aventurine. It's fucking chaos over at the official DF forums, lol. Quite entertaining.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

so basically a whole bunch of potential paying customers got their first taste of Aventurine ganking and looting them.

sounds about right.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal all DF UW loyal fans including me will spam F5 this friday to activate our accounts. My whole clan will be in game  and all the loyal fans will get in too.

Haha, tasos said Friday, and we all know Tasos and dates are ....erm.....well.....kinda greek.

Close to midnight on Friday, Tasos will come with the usuall message....Due to steam and our incompetence, the beta is delay to january after the holidays. Merry Christmas.

Haha

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Hotjazz
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal all DF UW loyal fans including me will spam F5 this friday to activate our accounts. My whole clan will be in game  and all the loyal fans will get in too.

Haha, tasos said Friday, and we all know Tasos and dates are ....erm.....well.....kinda greek.

Close to midnight on Friday, Tasos will come with the usuall message....Due to steam and our incompetence, the beta is delay to january after the holidays. Merry Christmas.

Haha

Pretty much this.

It's pretty funny that even after they have pulled all that they have... some still equate anything that Tasos says with reality.  image

• GeneralSurgeryGeneralSurgery Member Posts: 4

Its too bad a bunch of people felt the need to troll a developer for making a tough decision for the betterment of a franchise. I'm excited about DFUW and looking forward to WHENEVER I get to play the game.

If they need to delay, I trust they're doing it for good reason.

• GeneralSurgeryGeneralSurgery Member Posts: 4

Completely agree.

They are a small company. It takes an unbelieveable amount of time and effort to make anything decent, let alone a winning MMORPG. The first game was evidence of that. If they need to delay, who cares... I'll wait as long as I need to in order to play an awesome game.

Originally posted by GeneralSurgery

Completely agree.

They are a small company. It takes an unbelieveable amount of time and effort to make anything decent, let alone a winning MMORPG. The first game was evidence of that. If they need to delay, who cares... I'll wait as long as I need to in order to play an awesome game.

Heh.  You're new to Aventurine and Tasos aren't you.  image  

No matter how many times he burns us; no matter how many say he is full of it...

There are always those willing to buy what Tasos is selling.  Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by xzyax

Completely agree.

No matter how many times he burns us; no matter how many say he is full of it...

There are always those willing to buy what Tasos is selling.  Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Hey! I resemble that remark image

Anywho, good to see ya back on the forums. I'm sure things will be just as entertaining in these parts the second time around.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by xzyax

Completely agree.

Hey! I resemble that remark image

Anywho, good to see ya back on the forums. I'm sure things will be just as entertaining in these parts the second time around.

Yeah... nothing like a DarkFall release... err... DarkFall Beta, to make MMORPG.COM worth posting again.  

In the interest of those new to DarkFall--- Beta is an unknown. Tasos has suggested a Beta will exist on, or sometime after December 17th, 2012. It was also said that some people outside of the development team will actually be allowed into it.  Please check back on a regular basis for further refinement, explanation, delay, and/or definition of the terms expressed in the announcement.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93

Its too bad a bunch of people felt the need to troll a developer for making a tough decision for the betterment of a franchise. I'm excited about DFUW and looking forward to WHENEVER I get to play the game.

If they need to delay, I trust they're doing it for good reason.

Good for it being delayed, but delay it the day it is uspposed to come out when you have known it won't launch for at least a week? Yeah..... **** you Tasos.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

No Thank you.

No reallly not trolling.

I am not thanking you for more excuses.  I have heard enough.

Carry on.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

but I am glad they are at least truthful that the game isn't ready.  

LOL.

That made me laugh.

HA

HAHA