Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can lifetimers get back at Funcom?

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by bcbully
    before lifers didn't get anything. Now that b2p is here they get stuff.

I would'nt say they didn't get anything before. But lifers always have and always will be a risk that I will never understand why to get into it early in a games life.

Well....

For me: I enjoy playing MMO's. My problem is that I also enjoy many other activities. It's pretty normal for me to blow $200 on weekend activities, so the cost of the lifetime isnt really the issue. I've played games over year's but maybe averaged 4  play sessions over a month, not because I dont enjoy the games, but because I just didnt/dont have the time. I like paying a onetime fee and being able to play anytime I want and forget about it. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by anthonyc999
    explain to me how this is a bad thing for life timers they get 
    • Every month Grandmaster accounts will receive $10 worth of Bonus Points. These points are valid for 6 months and can be used towards any Item Store purchase.
    • Every month Grandmaster accounts will receive the Item-of-the-month: a special gift to all Membership accounts to the game.
    • As a Grandmaster you receive a permanent item: The Time Accelerator. This item is available to all your characters and increases your experience gain by 100% for one hour and has a 16 hour cool-down!
    Further, what used to be a discount of 10% discount to only social items in the Item Store has now been extended to be a discount on everything in the store. As members are getting a 10% discount to everything in the store, Grandmasters now receive a 20% discount! 
    which technically is more then what we would have gotten if the game didnt go B2P?

If you have 100% completion of the skill wheel those xp items are useless.

Item of the Month ; A store item I wouldn't have bought anyways...no use.

$10 worth of points or 1200 points. This last point is a half-truth. The monthly Issues that were previously free now cost $5 to $10 and you will havew to use those free points to buy them.

One of 2 things will happen each month.

Some months you will get no free points because the monthly Issue cost 1200 points or $10.

Some months you will be left with up to 5$ or 600 points depending on how much the monthly Issue costs.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by jdnewell

As a lifetime subscriber you should be happy. You actually are getting MORE per month than you were. Free points, Free item every month, Free xp boost, Use your Free points to buy the DLC, 20% off any other purchases in store.

What the F**k do you have to be upset over?!? As far as i can tell you were not getting any of that prior to this. If nothing else this will add population to the game, which will be nice.

Seriously.  I don't understand why some lifetimers are flipping the F out.  We get the same thing essentially except in funcom points.  Now players get a chance to play the game and experience an extremely large portion of the game.  THATS awesome. I can't wait for an influx of new players to share this game with.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

$10 worth of points or 1200 points. This last point is a half-truth. The monthly Issues that were previously free now cost $5 to $10 and you will havew to use those free points to buy them.

They were in fact not free. You had to pay for the subscription to access them.

Now you get them even cheaper - well at least the first one which costs $5.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Some months you will get no free points because the monthly Issue cost 1200 points or $10.

Some months you will be left with up to 5$ or 600 points depending on how much the monthly Issue costs.

No, one thing will happen each month.  You will be spending less than 1200 points for DLC.  That's it.  According to the Lead Developer, the DLC will be less than the point rewards.  They wanted the lifers and members to get a little extra in addition.  Think of it like rollover minutes I guess if that helps.

Regardless, not enough people are playing the game.  They need more revenue and more people to play the game because that's its biggest issue right now.  They went B2P for that reason.  The only downside this change brings lifetimers and members is if they didn't want to play with more people in a MMO.  They are actually getting more for their investment than they were before this change.  In addition many other people that don't like a sub, but understand a business needs to make money can jump in now if the game interests them.  There's a crap ton of content available for free and in the future Funcom is hoping those people either become a member or buy whatever DLC they want to experience.

Win win across the board.  There's no downside.

Want to know what would be a downside?  Doing nothing and the servers shut down.  Tell me how much value a lifetime would have then?  Funcom has my full support on this.  I just wish they would of done this model from the beginning.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    [mod edit]

Hmm...

sounds kinda like marriage

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Originally posted by jdnewell

As a lifetime subscriber you should be happy. You actually are getting MORE per month than you were. Free points, Free item every month, Free xp boost, Use your Free points to buy the DLC, 20% off any other purchases in store.

What the F**k do you have to be upset over?!? As far as i can tell you were not getting any of that prior to this. If nothing else this will add population to the game, which will be nice.

Seriously.  I don't understand why some lifetimers are flipping the F out.  We get the same thing essentially except in funcom points.  Now players get a chance to play the game and experience an extremely large portion of the game.  THATS awesome. I can't wait for an influx of new players to share this game with.

/agree +1

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    I'm a lifetimer, and although I don't get to play the game as often as I would like I have no issue with this.  I think it is a fantastic game.  Hopefully this will get a few more people playing.  They are giving us plenty.  If I had know the game was going to go B2P so quick I would have still payed for my lifetime.  I am happy to support a game that not only went outside of the mold, but also made a good game at the same time.  
    [mod edit]

If you choose to buy a lifetime, you accept the risks.  You understand that it's a video game.  You understand it's not forever.  You understand that sh*t happens.  Many bought lifetime because their investment was matched dollar for dollar with Funcom Points.  Many bought lifetime because they also wanted to support the company and the game.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Im lifer and Im glad they made it B2P
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    People need to stop buying lifetime subs lol. If you haven't figured it out by now, they're a scam.
  • banzai014banzai014 Member Posts: 27
    [mod edit]

Tough love but true

The problem is now the services subscribers get with the B2P model are worthless. $15 per month for $10 worth in limited time points, whereas a B2P player can buy DLC each month for cheaper ($5) and have exactly the same access to the game. $15 (sub per month) > $10 (in virtual Funcom monies) > $5 per month for DLC you need to keep up with other players.

I feel that the subscription option is only there so that they don't have to refund people with existing subs and of course lifetimers. Lifetimers now have to manage their points to keep current with content or their points will expire. The sub has no value and is a ripoff. The new B2P and sub model are a complete change in the terms of service with no warning nor community discussion besides a "prank" youtube video. A sub gave players both access to new content and to the game itself. Now that everyone has access to the game, the sub has lost part of its value and so people with existing sub time should demand a refund.

I would really like to know what a lawyer's legal opinion of this change would be.  I think existing subscribers should seek legal recourse - they are not getting what they paid for.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Well my LoTRO lifetime account saved me alot of money during all those years. It also lets you support game that you love.

Imho people who tell how its a scum, how we are morons and oher blah blah, just cant afford GM pack and try to make people who can feel bad. Try harder :D

Originally posted by dextral

If they never release any monthly Issues would you still pay the $15/month sub?

Yes.

And since I pay that $15 with or without the monthly content...how much did the monthly content cost?

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

Yes.

And since I pay that $15 with or without the monthly content...how much did the monthly content cost?

They were, however, paid for by your $15/month.  And going forward if you were to continue your subscription and they didn't have any DLC that month then you'd have a spare 1200 to spend on whatever you wanted in the store which is more than you would have had previously.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I agree funcom is begging for money.

I Logged into the game to give it a try since it went F2P, and man for some reason I still get lag lag lag near the police station everytime i go near the building I get massive FPS drop perhaps its the design too many poly's or something for my graphics card because it is out of date but other than that no where else seems to lag that I go to so far.

Bugs with weapons at times I put the gun away but I still shoot with my arms stuck out shotgun on my back lol?

I don't understand the point of the game anyways it seems like an everyday MMO nothing big or different.

Funcom already added booster items to the cash shop its not only cosmetic items If I read it correctly.

I am glad I never paid for a lifetime sub because I knew the game was going down hill after first playing for about 10 hours if that then quitting after that.

The game lacks customization early game its confusing it could have been designed better, maybe I am missing somethig but nothing very fun here.

Originally posted by jdnyc

No, one thing will happen each month.  You will be spending less than 1200 points for DLC.  That's it.  According to the Lead Developer, the DLC will be less than the point rewards.  They wanted the lifers and members to get a little extra in addition.  Think of it like rollover minutes I guess if that helps.

Regardless, not enough people are playing the game.  They need more revenue and more people to play the game because that's its biggest issue right now.  They went B2P for that reason.  The only downside this change brings lifetimers and members is if they didn't want to play with more people in a MMO.  They are actually getting more for their investment than they were before this change.  In addition many other people that don't like a sub, but understand a business needs to make money can jump in now if the game interests them.  There's a crap ton of content available for free and in the future Funcom is hoping those people either become a member or buy whatever DLC they want to experience.

Win win across the board.  There's no downside.

Want to know what would be a downside?  Doing nothing and the servers shut down.  Tell me how much value a lifetime would have then?  Funcom has my full support on this.  I just wish they would of done this model from the beginning.

#384 Unread Today, 12:33 PM
    nophex
    Live Producer
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amputaci View Post
    since you skipped right over this (i know, lots of stuff to read), i'll just ask again
    I'm not sure how else to put it. The pricing point for the DLC mission packs will be $5 to $10 depending on the amount of content in them If it's a huge new zone we will break it up into episodic DLC and each episode would be in the $5 - $10 range.
    Scott 'nophex' Junior
    Producer

The monthly  Issues will cost $5 to $10.

If a monthly issue costs $10 or 1200 points, and you only get $10 or 1200 points, how many points are you left with?

Strange, I had that before the new model.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Game went B2P. Like Gw2. And I think the changes are fair. You really cant do anything but voice your opinion on the official forums. FC atleast listens to its community.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Originally posted by hehenep

Yes.

They were, however, paid for by your $15/month.  And going forward if you were to continue your subscription and they didn't have any DLC that month then you'd have a spare 1200 to spend on whatever you wanted in the store which is more than you would have had previously.

They were a free perk. Funcom even stated they were.

Based on your logic if they didn't have a monthly Issue would the sub fee be less than $15?

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Ripped off lifetimer here. It´s an insult that the buyers of the 29$ game now get all of the content I payed 250 $ for.

The DLCs will be 5 Dollars and yes I´ll get monthly points but with the reduced prices, I as an early supporter got *******  by FC.

Thanks for nothing. Never will buy another MMO on launch. NEVER AGAIN.

Either they crank up the lifetime rewards with something INCREDIBLE or I will be very, very pissed about this price reduction.

That is all.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    did none of you guys play age of conan? why on earth would anybody give funcom lifetime anything??
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by anthonyc999
    explain to me how this is a bad thing for life timers they get 
    • Every month Grandmaster accounts will receive $10 worth of Bonus Points. These points are valid for 6 months and can be used towards any Item Store purchase.
    • Every month Grandmaster accounts will receive the Item-of-the-month: a special gift to all Membership accounts to the game.
    • As a Grandmaster you receive a permanent item: The Time Accelerator. This item is available to all your characters and increases your experience gain by 100% for one hour and has a 16 hour cool-down!
    Further, what used to be a discount of 10% discount to only social items in the Item Store has now been extended to be a discount on everything in the store. As members are getting a 10% discount to everything in the store, Grandmasters now receive a 20% discount! 
    which technically is more then what we would have gotten if the game didnt go B2P?

Don't cloud their arguments with facts...

Personally I'd never go Lifer but the benefits you get from teh B2P model combined with being a lifer certainly looks to be a very nice bonus, considering that a lifetime sub would have only covered a year or so of gameplay, yet this option keeps giving the bonuses, win win I say.

I guess some ppl can't see the woods for the trees.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Please review the behavior of previous Funcom fans.  And SWG fans.  And DAoC fans.  And...well, just about every developer who's been around for a bit has no shortage of people holding grudges.

Repeat as necessary.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by banzai014

So Funcom is laughing all the way to the bank with lifetimers' money. We haven't even seen a return on our investment (12+ months sub time) and TSW has already gone F2P. Instead, we are being given a sop for wanting to support Funcom and trusting their "we won't go F2P anytime, cash shop is cosmetics-only" promise - for a $15 month's sub, players now get $10 in Funcom fake monies that expire after 6 months and 20% discount on all per-character (not even account!) clothing/pets (non-DLC items) bought from the cash shop.  It would be cheaper to buy the $5-10 monthly DLC from the store than sub in this game. 

Of course we can't vote with our wallets, Funcom already has our money. Rather than listening to our complaints, Funcom would be more apt to ban us for being disruptive in chat / forums since they've already milked us cash-wise and we're now just a drain on server resources.

So how can lifetimers protest? We have to do it through word of mouth. It's our duty to warn players from this game. We must warn our friends, our family, warn people in the forums we frequent. Let our cautionary tale make it known that only fools part money with Funcom.

i have no problems with FC going b2p on this game..has a lifer myself i dont feel hard done by..i have a lifetime with lotro ,same thing happened.fact of the matter is with lotro i got the rohan expansion for free has i will get all the content with TSW  for free.i suppose if i had known they were goin b2p maybe i wouldnt have bought a lifetime but that ship has sailed and i,m happy the way things are..

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by banzai014

So Funcom is laughing all the way to the bank with lifetimers' money. We haven't even seen a return on our investment (12+ months sub time) and TSW has already gone F2P. Instead, we are being given a sop for wanting to support Funcom and trusting their "we won't go F2P anytime, cash shop is cosmetics-only" promise - for a $15 month's sub, players now get $10 in Funcom fake monies that expire after 6 months and 20% discount on all per-character (not even account!) clothing/pets (non-DLC items) bought from the cash shop.  It would be cheaper to buy the $5-10 monthly DLC from the store than sub in this game. 

Of course we can't vote with our wallets, Funcom already has our money. Rather than listening to our complaints, Funcom would be more apt to ban us for being disruptive in chat / forums since they've already milked us cash-wise and we're now just a drain on server resources.

So how can lifetimers protest? We have to do it through word of mouth. It's our duty to warn players from this game. We must warn our friends, our family, warn people in the forums we frequent. Let our cautionary tale make it known that only fools part money with Funcom.

I bought the lifetime, however I don't feel like I am getting screwed.

Apparently you haven't read what us lifetimers are getting.