Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Will You Buy the First GW2 Xpac?

fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Based on your experience with GW2 so far, do you plan to purchase the first expansion?

Comments

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    Yes
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

No,

but if there was a  complete overhaul of the ability system that provided A LOT more freedom, an Arena type pvp mode with an Arena type ranking system, with rewards that can be worn gamewide, I would.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Without hesitation I would buy a GW2 expansion.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I voted yes, but it depends on what is available with the xpac.  I would hope for some more skills and non combat things to do. If it's just more of the same I don't think I would.
  • livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    Hell YES
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Almost certainly not.  Maybe when it goes down to $20 or something.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

LOL - GW1 and even WoW are not that cheap.

You don't want to play wany games do you.

I voted yes.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

You'll have to wait at least 3 years for that, when they offer GW2 trilogy or something.

I voted yes, ofc.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Si!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully

No,

but if there was a  complete overhaul of the ability system that provided A LOT more freedom, an Arena type pvp mode with an Arena type ranking system, with rewards that can be worn gamewide, I would.

bc! when are you sharing your thoughts on today's events???

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Yes, although I'm watching what'll happen to the gear system and such. If they won't fix the current Ascended gear system or screw something else up badly, I'll probably refrain from buying the expansion.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Most definitely. 600+ hours so far and still loving the game. As much as I love the game, I've been expecting to "need a break", but I haven't hit that wall yet. Arenanet would have to do a lot to tick me off before I'd take a pass on the first expansion. there are a few things I'm not hapy about, but it just hasn't come close to outweighing all I like about the game.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

No. The original is enough for me :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Absolutely

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by Zeus.CM

You'll have to wait at least 3 years for that, when they offer GW2 trilogy or something.

I voted yes, ofc.

If you say so.  Expansions are generally priced around $40.  You can definitely find expansions of non Blizzard MMOs for half price within a year.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    That is a big 10-4

Originally posted by botrytis

LOL - GW1 and even WoW are not that cheap.

You don't want to play wany games do you.

I voted yes.

Most WOW expansions are dirt cheap now.  They already had a $20 deal for MoP.

I don't want to spend more than $20 on a GW2 expansion.  I stopped playing GW2 soon after hitting the level cap and getting bored with WvW and hating their dungeons.  I tried their events briefly but wasn't really interested.  GW2 needs to trash their weapon based skills and give a lot more options/builds.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Absolutely....

I can't remember the last time I felt that every single penny I spent on the game was well worth it.  I'm almost 300 hours in and leveling up a second class to 80.  I've primarily focused on PvE.  The fact that this game doesn't have a monthly fee and the quality of the game makes me want to contribute to Arenanet's successes.  I've spent approsimately $40 more on gems to get 6 bag slots on each of my two main characters and also expanded to have 6 character slots instead of 5.

Regardless of what MMO's come out in the near and distant furture, I see myself playing GW2 on and off because there are no regrets.  No monthly fee, no carrot on a stick approach.  

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

OFC YES!

Hope they bring Cantha sometime soon ^^

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Nope, esp. now that TSW has gone B2P, too.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Nope. Didn't have fun with the game as it was and the things that didn't make it fun are the base components, specially the combat (far to clunky/simple for ym liking)  in the game, so the likelyhood of that being changed at all is slim to none. 
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    If darkfall uw ever comes out I probably won't buy a gw2 expansion. 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No I love my mass pvp first, more than satisfied with ps2 (though WvW was a good effort)

If only gw2 had released 2003 - 2011 would have been my goty any of those.
  • aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    Yes. I am sure I will. I'm still enjoying the game very much.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Maybe.

Depends on what they add PvP wise because far as PvE goes this game is pretty weak.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.